• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Cort Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I remember that time Teczero won our crew battle for us.

Man, what a time.
I remember the time where I didn't friendly Cort at pound.

I was sad :(.

Man if only I know that another pound 3 would come up where I could break my glasses have them attached to my head by tape so I could play the rest of my matches.

I wish I played you more Cort I only played you that one time at NYC now when I go there I'll probably play brawl at NYC and I am beyond terrible in brawl :(.

Cort

Apple Head
Brawl is easy though, just spam a projectile and use your shield, then when someone is dumb enough to attack it drop your shield and **** them.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Brawl is easy though, just spam a projectile and use your shield, then when someone is dumb enough to attack it drop your shield and **** them.
LMFAOOO

Yea but... its so boring....... ..... .... :(

And by **** I'm assuming a 2 hit combo that moves them far enough where you can spam your projectile some more and use your shield some more.

Cort

Apple Head
That wouldn't be very nice.

Most of my Brawl matches last between 2-4 minutes at 3 stock >_> I just ftilt people with Snake

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well in actuality I usually take like 1-3 minutes a stock.

I have no idea who I wanna play though >_> I just cycle between bad characters like Lucas, Lucario , and occasionally jigglypuff LOL.

Then I play marth sometimes.... I think he is good..

O_O Did you really ever take 4 minutes a stock? When I take over 2 minutes to take a stock I feel like the game is gonna go to the time limit.

Cort

Apple Head
I think, in my entire Smash career, I've only gone to the 8 minute limit... twice.

It hasn't happened in Brawl yet, surprisingly.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I think, in my entire Smash career, I've only gone to the 8 minute limit... twice.

It hasn't happened in Brawl yet, surprisingly.
Indeed very surprising >_>.

I don't ever recall hitting even a 7 minute time limit.

I played pretty aggressive so I guess those type of things shouldn't happen often anyway.

In brawl I hit the 6 minute time limit a couple times because I had no idea how to KO with lucario.

Cort

Apple Head
I think Brawl should be 3 stock/7 mins because 3 stock/6 implies it's just as fast as Melee.

Which is definitely not true LOL x_x

nicaboy

Smash Champion
hey cort i got a question. how can peach proberly deal with a samus. turnup appporchs dont work due to samus spamming her projectiles and she is not exactly the easiest to edgeguard. just need some advice on this matchup. and stages to counter her too
ps im refering to melee **** brawl:laugh:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Missiles shouldn't be too much of a problem cuz you can float over them right??? >_>

Why not just space float cancel f-airs?

Anyway I dunno that much peach stuff >_<.

Cort is awesome :)

He plays peach and is an amazing player LOL.

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
lol@ "that dress swirly thing" xDD
oh you mean that low%-atack ?! XD

I got a question about Peach vs. Falco on Random Stages to get the first Match of a Torunament Set
(random Stages on german Torunaments - YS, DL64, Final, Stadium, FoD)

So on Final Destination, I float above SHL tange and try to attack with some L-canceled or Float Canceled stuff, like NAir/FAir -> TapA -> Grab -> UpThrow -> Chaingrabmissing (^^ I'm not proud of that ^^) and then Techchasing.

But on other Stages I don't know what to do, like on Stadium he can SHL on ground AND on the Platforms and he can change that very fast, so how to approach on platform Stages ?
(especially the Random Stages) .

Thank u, whoever answers ^^

JFox

Smash Hero
learn to powersheild and get in his face

YS and FoD should be a lot easier
YS is easily the WORST stage to play against a good falco. 3/4 of your deaths will be shine to shine combo, and than your dead off the top. Cheapest kill ever...

Edit: Check out my 1st and 2nd deaths. Pay attention to my percent, and where I am when the first shine hits. Also you will notice that he almost kills me a third time on my last stock with the shine to shine combo, but he messes up and misses it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=-rwq70N47qg

FoD is a great stage on the other hand.

oh, I have a question: With no DI, what % can fox/falco escape your chaingrab? I've always stopped around like 110%, but I never really knew.

JFox

Smash Hero
I started maining peach now. I still play fox, but only as a counter pick, and only in tourney.

Eggm is one of the few Falcos that actually do it, because most falcos just aren't very good, especially at that matchup. It happens to me at least once a match on YS. Hes pretty nuts.

And its not just the shine to shine combo. Shine to upair is a pretty common way to kill peach, and it kills easiest on this stage. And peach simply doesn't live very long on YS which is another reason I dislike it. I really don't see any reason to like the stage really...

Magus420

Smash Master
Max Damage Before Throw To Be Successful (Full dmg = 8%, Avg dmg = 6%)

-----------------------
Falco (15%-108%)
-----------------------

***U-Throw D-Smash***
Away: 0%-31% (Must Walk)
Behind: 0%-10%

*** No DI ***
End: (Pivot=109%-111%), (Non-Pivot=108%)

*** Up-Towards DI ***
End: (JC Grab=117%-118%), (Dash Grab=109%-111%)

(U-Tilt, Turnaround U-Tilt [Up&Towards DI] Ends @ 95%), (U-Smash KOs @ 118%-150% on FD)

--------------------
Fox (21%-96%)
--------------------

***U-Throw D-Smash***
Away: 0%-26% (Must Walk)
Behind: 0%-12% (11-12 is Picky)

*** No DI ***
End: (Pivot=104%-106%), (Non-Pivot=96%)

*** Up-Towards DI ***
End: (JC Grab=108%-109%), (Dash Grab=102%)

(U-Tilt, Turnaround U-Tilt [Up&Towards DI] Ends @ 97%), (U-Smash KOs @ 112%-145% on FD)

-------------------------------
Captain Falcon (1%-77%)
-------------------------------
(Use Standing Turn-around grab for behind DI from 0%-9%)

***U-Throw D-Smash***
Away: N/A
Behind: 0%-7%

*** No DI ***
End: (Pivot=78%-79%), (Non-Pivot=69%, Turn Around Grab=77%)

*** Up-Towards DI ***
End: (JC Grab=83%-84%), (Dash Grab=78%-79%)

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
one thing to add, tomorow I'll take new videos, so you guys could help me better, than critizising my older mistakes, from that two matches above
(sorry 4 2xpost)

JFox

Smash Hero
Milkieee, its fine if you think you have a better peach. I only started playing peach recently. I think its hard to base my peach off that one match though, considering how good an opponent I am playing. Anyway, I'm still learning a lot about peach, but I plan to get very good with her.

Thanks for the info magus. We should play again soon...

Lumpy..

Smash Ace
And peach simply doesn't live very long on YS which is another reason I dislike it. I really don't see any reason to like the stage really...
i like that it's close quarters...
but i really like that you can up smash through the platforms...

but i suck so whateverzzzzzzzzz

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
JFox....I know where you're coming from...the first TRUE Falco I played was Reik....I compared ALL Falcos to him. Eggm and Reik are just amazing at comboing the heck out of Peach because Peach is their weakness, and with VaNz helping....yeah....it only gets worse for Peach. Falcos like that...need to be Dsmashed, lol. Also....the DI is SUPER weird for getting out of it. That killing blow CAN be avoided...I've done it countless times.

As far as YS....it's an awesome stage for Peach....with her crappy KO range, the KO's come a bit easier, and if you can DI like crazy with her, you can avoid quick deaths. The closest I've ever come to beating Reik was on YS. I just have to watch out for SD's. The best match I had against Copycat? YS....I killed myself twice....Copycat's Shiek was going down. Best (not that I played him more than one set) match against Cactuar? YS. Now my best against Eggm was Poke'floats, lol. That's a WHOLE other story. It's awesome for Peach, though.

Oh and JFox? Your Peach will be too good in no time, bro. Probably MUCH quicker than mine, because you can play people. Watch out for Tec0 though.....he's Gimpy and he KO'ed me at 16%!!!! No Johns, though, Tec is just too good.

"Crank that Roy"

Cort

Apple Head
There's a big difference between occasionally having an easy time vs Falco/Marth/Sheik on YS and consistently doing well vs them.

Lumpy..

Smash Ace
other than upsmashing through the lower platforms... i agree that YS is bad for peach... really bad...
but every time i play there, it's against marth so... it might not be as bad as i think... no it is...

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
hum .. against marth I nearly only spotdoge his FAir/BAir .. ahm .. any aerial atack of him^^ and his Fsmash -> Downsmash, or grab, or dash to NAir .. but Marth is a very hard matchup though ^^
on YS u have a chance against marth with an easier edgeguard with WD to the ledge and while getting little off stage, but befor grabing the ledge droping a turnip and than grab the ledge, so that egdeguard is on ys most useful, because of that straight ledge I think

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I like to run near them and use the yellow nubbin thingy. Or float at them with my butt. Both are fun and leave me feeling satisfied.

The secret to beating Marth with Peach is to play bad Marths.

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
no matter what kinda marth u play against, I think spotdodging->lag-punishing is the key for winning against that ****-counter, correct me if I'm wrong

Samochan

Smash Master
no matter what kinda marth u play against, I think spotdodging->lag-punishing is the key for winning against that ****-counter, correct me if I'm wrong
Against mediocre marth players yes, rolling and spot dodging works often. But high level marth players predict these easily and counter, thus you also have to be intelligent in using these as well.

Top Bottom