• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Apex 2013 Results Thread | Jan 11-13, 2013 | New Brunswick NJ

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
^
Girl at a smash tournament?

MUST BE NICOLE.
well to be fair i just walked by and right away he asked "do you play peach?" and peach is my secondary so i said "yeah!"

and he asked if i was nicole cause he heard there was a really tall girl smasher who was kick-*** with peach

nicole and i are easily the tallest girl smashers by far and we have the same hair colour lmao i guess it's an easy enough mistake to make

M@v

Subarashii!
You posting reminded me; shoutout to everyone in my pool, including you, EE(you all should follow him on twitter), and Mr.Eric for an epic as hell marth vs mk set.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
shoutouts:

toast-- honestly i'd have rather played a falco than a sheik. i don't doubt that you could have played better, but i could have too. frankly i thought we both played badly lol. mostly nerves on my part, but i felt that i loosened up somewhat as the set progressed. anyway pretty sure both the winner and loser leave a set thinking about things they could have done better. so it goes

norcal-- you already know (including you in this mccain)
robin-- thanks for teaming dude. let's do it again in the future. we can make some noise with more reps
johnny-- thanks for the games. know you are bummed about your showing but shake it off. you're a beast. also we need to get hammered at some point
dunk-- great to finally meet you
oscar-- always a blast. wish you still cared :/

vanz-- was fun hanging out with you in the room
doh-- too fabulous
bidwell-- good to meet you, thanks for suffering my peach LOL
milkman-- when we sat down i was like "who the **** is this fox. he is kicking my ***." then i saw your games against johnny and daniel clued me in as to who you were. good stuff, hopefully we cross paths again
blackchris-- we didn't get any matches in unfortunately, but i will hit you up next time in i'm in nc
kirbykaze-- already loving tuco
prog-- we only interacted w/n groups but you are hilarious
dogysamich-- quit hatin. don't stay mad at the caliber
lauren-- nice meeting you
hax-- also only interacted w/you in groups but hopefully i get to play you next time. nice showing

i prob forgot some people so apologies, but i will add people as i remember

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Doing a shoutout will be hard and I know I'm going to miss a lot of people. My brother and I always try to meet every person we possibly can, and I think we met and had conversations with hundreds of new faces.

My first shout out goes to Twin 1. Wouldn't be where I am or nearly as loved without you there.

Also I'd like to thank all of the people there and not there who fell for our prank and to Armada for going along with it. By having a few select people say that Armada was banned, we were able to throw a small match into a dry forest and turn back to watch it become uncontrollable. Thank you everyone who helped with the prank and everyone who fell for it (no insult). That was hilarious and made this tourney have one more memorable aspect to it! The twins love you guys and girls, thank you :D

Now for the real shoutouts:

LOZR: You were cool as hell! Fun to party with and our arm wrestling match was too hype! Much love bro.
Axe: LOVE YOU AXE!!!
Taj: LOVE YOU TAJ!
Wobbles: eh, you're all right. Just kidding, LOVE YOU WOB!!!
Tai: we didn't play :(
Dr. PeePee: You were a pleasure as always! Made me laugh and put up with a lot of our jokes. Stay awesome, Doc!
Lauren (Nurse VaJayJay): It was great to finally meet you in person! You were hilarious and a lot of fun.
SNAP: Twinslers List, that is all.
Phoot, Blackest of all the Chris, and every other NC smasher we hung out with Saturday, you guys seriously made this tourney go from great to perfect for me. Thank you guys!
AlexStrife: You ran a great tourney, good stuff!
MariaBattleAxe and FullMetal: Great stuff being awesome TO's and keeping people in their places! It was awesome talking to each of you.
Prog: Great commentating with you! You had me laughing and you probably hold the world record for the fast melee match upload.
D1: Mah doo!!! Much love bro. It was a pleasure as always.
Dogy: You are one awesome guy. Thank you for the commentary fun.
Mizuki: It was fun talking with you.
Okami: thanks for all the help and laughs!
Dobs: Good to finally meet you. Great magic!
Banks: Great set bro! And you are one of the wittiest people I've ever met :D
Thorn and the other guys we roomed with. It was fun and thank you again!
Tect: Great set
Milktea; It was awesome talking to you! You're a great person, stay amazing ok :D
Animal: Good job making it out of pools.
Stabbed: You are one of my favorite smashers. Hope that voice of yours made a speedy recovery!
Renth: It was great meeting you! You are one awesome dude! Keep in touch!
Light: Good stuff carrying me in teams. How's that back of yours feeling?
Kage: you woman beater! Lol you were awesome bro!
KirbyKaze: great talking to you. Love that sheik!
Mango: sup
Mangos Lauren: fun talking to you!
S2J: you are only you when drunk, that cracked me up too much haha.
WestBallz: Good stuff!
Hax: we have to play next time!
Anyone I played in pools not mentioned yet: good stuff! Great talking with you guys!
All of the other cali players we talked to: You guys crack me up. Thanks for everything :D
Javi: MI AMOR!!!! CUATES!!!!
All of the Mexico players: you guys and girl were awesome!!!!!
The Finish players: how'd the guy like his vid saying he messed up?
Leffen: Leeeeeeeeeffen. Leeeeeeeeeffen. Leffen. Leffen. Hey Leffen... hi!
Armada: congrats! It was fun talking to you a bunch this weekend.
Volvo: You were too cool!
Jake13 and Mojo: fun train ride back. The laughs, oh the laughs.
John the Twin: WOO! Go twins!
Pawls to the Wall and Michelle: nice meeting you two!
Those Brawl twins we met: younger twins are still better :D twins rule though all around.
Hbox: Good stuff! Next time you've got this!
Ice: It was a pleasure finally meeting you! You were too fun, but never try to outrun twins :p
Vivi (Ice's lady): great to meet you!
DOH and MacD: You two are just too fabulous
MattDotZeb: You make me feel like a better person just by being around you. Every tourney I am throwing you on my shoulders for cheering!
Vudujin: hard to believe at Apex 2010 we interviewed a scrubby luigi that everyone blew off as a nobody. "Why would you interview him!?" We said because you never know who a rising star is going to be and everyone deserves some spotlight. Now look at you, your luigi kicks all the ***!!! Keep it up!
Cactuar: you're great!
Scar: fun talks, though brief
Reno: dat sheik!

Ok it's 1:30 in the morning and I have to be up soon. I'm forgetting a bunch of people but you guys can always hit me up and we'll chat away for hours :D

Apex was possibly the most memorable tourney and most fun tourney for my brother and I. Thanks to each and every one of you who helped make it that way! SMASH!!!! WOOO!!!!!

AXE 09

Smash Master
So I've noticed there's no video thread made yet for Melee. Does anyone have any objections to me creating one?

VoiD-

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to everyone who got a chance to stop by the SSF2 booth. It was a ton of fun to see how a bunch of different people played. Thanks for the games and your (continued) feedback!

Shoutouts to everyone on the SSF2 team for obvious reasons, though you probably won't read this. You know already.

Shoutouts to Alex Strife and the rest of the staff for hosting my favorite tournament ever, even though I spent more of it than I'd like to admit coding. It was pretty much the perfect combination of everything that makes a smash tournament great, at least from my scrub spectator POV. Hope you'll let us come back next year!

Shoutouts to Ramsey for getting too starstruck when he saw Hungrybox to go over and say hi.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Posted on FB already but only complaint was that having us wake up at around 9AM to get ready for Day 3 then having us wait till 2AM to play out Winners Semi finals was really draining IMO, Winners Quarters was played out around 5/6 hours before WSF was and that was kinda annoying lol. IM HUMAN I GET REAL TIRED

Other than that grrrrrrrreat tourney.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Hungrybox I should have lent you my hat. I'm sorry.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
I had blast at this even though I was sick and/or hungover the entire time. Shoutouts to all the people I played and all the homies.

:phone:

tw1n

Smash Champion
I am going to be the evil twin and be lazy. But my brother was right. We met so many new faces and we spoke with almost every single player at this tournament. There are so many to give shout outs too, I know I will miss a lot. So I am going to copy my brothers (with some slight modifications) and add a few more. Much love to everyone.

My first shout out goes to Twin A. Wouldn't be where I am or nearly as loved without you there.

Also I'd like to thank all of the people there and not there who fell for our prank and to Armada for going along with it. By having a few select people say that Armada was banned, we were able to throw a small match into a dry forest and turn back to watch it become uncontrollable. Thank you everyone who helped with the prank and everyone who fell for it (no insult). That was hilarious and made this tourney have one more memorable aspect to it! The twins love you guys and girls, thank you :D

Now for the real shoutouts:

BlackestChris in the land: Thanks for teaming with me. I will never forget those jabs!
Renth: Dude!!!! Why did we never meet earlier!
LOZR: You and the rest of NC were too good! Ah!
Axe: LOVE YOU AXE!!!
Taj: LOVE YOU TAJ!
Wobbles: eh, you're all right. Just kidding, LOVE YOU WOB!!!
Tai: we didn't play :(
Light: Did you enjoy your first EC tourney?! Hell ya you did!
Dr. PeePee: You were a pleasure as always! Made me laugh and put up with a lot of our jokes. Stay awesome, Doc!
Lauren (Nurse VaJayJay): It was great to finally meet you in person! You were hilarious and a lot of fun.
SNAP: Twinslers List, that is all.
Phoot, Blackest of all the Chris, and every other NC smasher we hung out with Saturday, you guys seriously made this tourney go from great to perfect for me. Thank you guys!
AlexStrife: You ran a great tourney, good stuff!
MariaBattleAxe and FullMetal: Great stuff being awesome TO's and keeping people in their places! It was awesome talking to each of you.
Prog: MegaBus! And I am glad you finally had a chance to see some twins magic.
D1: Mah doo!!! Much love bro. It was a pleasure as always.
Dogy: You are one awesome guy. Thank you for the commentary fun.
Mizuki: It was fun talking with you.
Okami: thanks for all the help and laughs!
Dobs: Good to finally meet you. Great magic!
Banks: You are one of the wittiest people I've ever met :D
Thorn and the other guys we roomed with. It was fun and thank you again!
Stabbed: You are one of my favorite smashers. Hope that voice of yours made a speedy recovery!
Kage: you woman beater! Lol you were awesome bro!
KirbyKaze: great talking to you. Love that sheik!
Mango: sup
Mangos Lauren: fun talking to you!
WestBallz: Good stuff!
Hax: we have to play next time!
Eggz, SilentWolf, Prime and the other smashers in that room: BLAZING WHITE

Erich: Gotta stick those edge guards man. But it was great finally having you come to one of these :D

Anyone I played in pools not mentioned yet: good stuff! Great talking with you guys!
All of the other cali players we talked to: You guys crack me up. Thanks for everything :D
Javi: MI AMOR!!!! CUATES!!!!
All of the Mexico players: you guys and girl were awesome!!!!!
The Finish players: how'd the guy like his vid saying he messed up?
Leffen: Leeeeeeeeeffen. Leeeeeeeeeffen. Leffen. Leffen. Hey Leffen... hi!
Armada: congrats! It was fun talking to you a bunch this weekend.
Volvo: You were too cool!
Jake13 and Mojo: fun train ride back. The laughs, oh the laughs.
John the Twin: WOO! Go twins!
Pawls to the Wall and Michelle: nice meeting you two!
Those Brawl twins we met: OLDER twins are still better :D twins rule though all around.
Hbox: Good stuff! Next time you've got this!
Ice: It was a pleasure finally meeting you! You were too fun, but never try to outrun twins :p
Vivi (Ice's lady): great to meet you!
DOH and MacD: You two are just too fabulous
MattDotZeb: You make me feel like a better person just by being around you.
Vudujin: hard to believe at Apex 2010 we interviewed a scrubby luigi that everyone blew off as a nobody. "Why would you interview him!?" We said because you never know who a rising star is going to be and everyone deserves some spotlight. Now look at you, your luigi kicks all the ***!!! Keep it up!
Cactuar: you're great!
Scar: fun talks, though brief
Reno: dat sheik!

Apex was possibly the most memorable tourney and most fun tourney for my brother and I. Thanks to each and every one of you who helped make it that way! SMASH!!!! WOOO!!!!!

We love you guys and this community has done so much for us.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Atilla:

Lil's Room:

Mango:

McCain:

3/4ths of the Sisterhood of the Travelling Downsmash

L0ZR:

Jesiah:

KirbyKaze:

Brawl taking til 4 am:

Oscar (from Texas, don't get conceited Cali):

TwinA:

Whippersnappers complaining:

Obsoleet:

Prog:

Everyone who attempted to camp me/New Jersey in general:

Shroomed:

Armada:

Alan:

Room 536:

Ice:

Tw1n:

pewpewu:

hbox:

Cactuar:

SFAT and my damn M&Ms:

Leffen sucks chant:

M2K being on fire day 3:

Leffen:

PP acting like a chode in GF:

My weekend diet:

Trail:

Money Matching MT:

Bracket Pools into 128 man bracket? No teams pools?

Wobbles:

Dogy:

JakeXIII's pose:

Alex asking me how I liked the tournament:

Tournaments without Xelic:

Tirno:

My shoutouts:

Rosedemon

Smash Champion

God DoH shoutouts are always so ****ing good.

LOL@The leffen chant one cuz I totally agree.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx

However, I do want to give a shoutout to AZ? He's a melee player from NJ, jumped my car so I could make it home. Message me when you see this, I want to throw some cash your way.

TheLake

Smash Master
I dont know whats the point of having a GRUESOME ANAL SEX with you DOH at every national

if you dont even give me a single shout out

all i ask is like for a disney movie clip or somthing

or jurassic park

but nooooooo

WHATS THE POINT OF GOING *** TO ***

IF YOU DONT GET A SHOUT OUT!

/rant

Spife MM me

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
(Gonna just copy paste this into the apex thread too)

So, I was writing up my shoutouts for the Apex thread in large form, since I'm quitting smash. I was trying to think of all of the players I had personally met over the past 5 years to list every single one of them. And it just made me remember all the crazy and awesome stuff thats happened to me. From my first time ever on a plane in 2008 for ECRC C3 and agreeing to being housed by a complete stranger to me known as chudat (who housed alot of people that tourney), to the insanity that was CoT4 (hilarious angry mob, radio style commentary) and Apex 2009 (ally beating m2k for the first time while refusing to die on smashville), to the Gigabits tournaments that went into 4-5am, to being stranded at Genesis 1 and HOBO (shoutouts to San Antonio), to being apart of the Black Comedy Variety Hour commentating team (♥ DC), to finally placing and winning tournaments after being a pot monster for so long, to traveling to all of these places I had never thought of or tried to before, to making new friends and brothers in arms. And I'm not gonna lie, I teared up thinking back about all of this.

Smash saved me. Before brawl came out, I was in a really ****ty spot of my life back in 2006-2007 for various reasons. And I dont think any amount of TOing, tourney attendance, donating, verbal player/TO support, or pot monstering could even come close to repaying what you guys have a whole have unknowingly done for me. There are too many people to individually thank, but I will take my time to individually thank the two most important ones in my long journey. And for those I dont list here, if I have ever met you in person and shook your hand or gave you dap, or won or lost to you in tourney for any reason, thank you anyway.

Nicholas Bernard (also known as HRNUT) was the first true friend I found in this community as someone I could hang out with outside of the game, and not just someone who I could only stomach at tournaments. He whooped my *** in brawl daily with whatever character he felt like using that day (still does now actually, not gonna lie), gave me advice, gave me reason and confidence to travel, and showed me that I could get more out of this game than just something to do on weekends. And although I have now made more friends from the community that I consider close enough to be brothers, he is still the catalyst. Our last names are different, but he is my family.

Daniel Rodriguez (also known as chudat) gets special appreciation because he housed me at my first ever OOS tourney. It was the first time I had left the state on my own. The first time I had ever even been in an airport, let alone fly in a plane. He gave me a ride to and from the airport, and housed me, all while being so nice about it. It probably wasnt a big deal to him because he was housing many many other people for C3, but it was a huge deal to me. His kindness made me more confident to fly to more tourneys alone if I ever had to...and the rest is history pretty much.

State of Georgia: In all my travels, the entire state of Georgia has been the most supportive overall. They have housed me the most, they have helped me the most, they are the most chill to hang out with, in and outside of tourneys. So thanks to SleepyK, DRN, Biglou, Kismet, Michaelis, P-1, PB&J, and honorary GA Reflex and his brother who's gamertag I cant remember

I say I'm quitting, but will I? History proves that most smashers who say they are quitting never truly quit. Sure enough, they are back entering tourneys at some point. So I cant honestly say that I wont be back after some time. I've already achieved the goals I made when starting this game back in 2008, which were:
A. Make new friends
B. Get really good at the game, locally, then regionally, then hopefully nationally
C. Since I always knew I would main diddy kong because DKC2 is my favorite 2D game of the 32-bit gaming days, I wanted to be known as a great diddy kong player. Maybe not the best, but someone in the discussions for top 10, all while having my own playstyle. I didn't want anyone to think I played like other people
I feel like I met all of those goals, which is why I don't see myself coming back. But you never know.

For those interested, I am now starting my journey into the FGC. I'm going to play AE only to try to get really good in this game, as its very fun to me (although it sucks being a pot monster in a game again at a local level). You can add me on facebook or follow me on twitter if you want lol. I will still be at FGC tourneys that happen to have smash (like winter brawl and now probably EVO), and I will also be at Genesis 3 because G1 and G2 were really fun for non-tourney reasons and I want to support them (I wont be entering though, unless someone wants to pay for me LOL). I have made alot of good friends in Florida so of course I'll still chill with those guys again at locals (shoutouts to Tampa and Gainesville specifically). Good luck to you guys that continue to play the game. Please when Smash 4 comes out, support the new game as a whole. Even if you dont like it as much as melee or brawl or even 64, you guys need to come together and support the new game.

-Keith "GDX" Kelly
@GameDragonX
Xbox Live (if you want to play AE or madden): GameDragoonX
PSN: (if you want to play AE) GameDragonX or GDX

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol I love you DoH!

And Armada is retiring now... Prog is retiring... HBox is flirting with the notion of retiring...

Well damn.

yoshq

Smash Master
Are videos going to be posted on the Apex Tourney channel? Or perhaps will there be compiled links on a results/video thread?
Is there any footage of hype Brawl sets - read Mr-R's slaughter - which weren't on stream ?
http://www.youtube.com/user/fpsFALSE
http://www.youtube.com/user/CLASHTournaments
http://www.youtube.com/user/yoshq7
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaxelrod
http://www.youtube.com/user/spiralflame88

all of the top metaknights vs. Salem
Oh my god, the relevance.
wonder who else will have the patience to do shoutlikes like zinoto lol
yeah....
Should go in OP.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=15231829&postcount=281
This as well.
My apex shirt smells like fish #swag
So... you drowned in pools?

Salem and crowd reaction to winning apex
McDonald's dollar Iced tea, I drink that.
Super hard Armor Pieces, I throw that.
APEX 2013, I win that.
Xyro, I may have had some disrespect for you in the past, but I must admit your collection of relevant GIF images is unparalleled in the mortal world.

Lazy SHoutouts:
Asa - GGs
Mav - GGs
Ally - Still beating me at Falcon dittoes... oh well at least I started having fun instead of taking them seriously.
Sky - you already know
The Ponytail Twins - Nice seeing you guys.
BSL - nice seeing you again
KillLock - Great seeing you again. It would be fun to get lunch wit ya or something, maybe at Impulse
Tony T - Fun playing and talking
Orion - Nice to pretty much meet you haha
ANTi - we'll have to play next time
Lycan - did your hustling work at all?

Too many people to shoutout... had fun with everyone. Great meeting all the new people & even missed a lot like Dark.Pch, TheLateGen, Mr. Eric, didn't get to reconnect with Koro, met Neo although didn't really get to chill. Shoutouts to meeting Desti!! You're an awesome dude. Dat man scarf. & I already did a bit of shoutouts on Facebook so y'allready know who you are on there. Great time, would hit again. 8/10

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Wished I coulda played you YoshiQ. If it wasn't for a traveling MM we would have played. RRR, has spoken that you're quite the player and I wanted to try my luck. Aw well~

:phone:

Top Bottom