• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Anti-Megaman thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foe

Smash Journeyman
Just want to say this before you read this: I'm not really against or for anything here. So I'm not flaming up Megaman and praising other characters right now.

Megaman may have been on Nintendo games but I would say he also has been in the most non-nintendo games out of all too. Though I am not sure and that could be irrelevant, just my opinion. Also I think that there may not even be any more 3rd parties. Through popularity, I think Geno would win but I think the most logical would be Bomberman.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
keeping up the kitten spirit, here is what kittens want to do to Megaman-haters-with-no-arguments-whatsoever (aka Lord Hokage):

:lol:

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
This thread fails, nowhere enough pissed of fanboys. Megaman fans are pretty claim and not quick to bite peoples heads off so they arn't the ones to go for.

Now if you really want flames, make a anti Ridley/geno thread. Now that would be full of Lulz :laugh:

So TC , next time you want to piss off fanboys for kicks, think Ridley fanatics or the Geno cult.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Geno thread would be up in arms against you instantaneously.

I want Megaman in but the question for me is more what style they decide on, cause he has changed radically and none of his techniques seem very easy to put in Brawl (copy skill has to be totally different from Kirby, or not there at all... and if he can't get new guns what's the point).

I also want Bomberman in, just because of those pictures someone made of him kicking bombs at people in Brawl screenshots.

RDK

Smash Hero
y'know......besides the fact that megaman has been on nintendo more times than both of them combined.
Not true. Bomberman has been in WAY more Nintendo games than MM. But try again.

@Allstar: gotta agree with ya on Geno, but I'm not too sure about Bomberman...I'd still prefer Geno=MM>Bomberman...but that's just me...
I'm starting to get sick of Geno fanboys. I wish he was never even created. Do you people even realize that, outside of SWF, Geno doesn't even have a close amount of supporters as he does here. His only cult following is here at SWF, and it's the only reason he got high marks on the polls. That doesn't mean he'll make it in.

Cinder

Smash Master
I'm starting to get sick of Geno fanboys. I wish he was never even created. Do you people even realize that, outside of SWF, Geno doesn't even have a close amount of supporters as he does here. His only cult following is here at SWF, and it's the only reason he got high marks on the polls. That doesn't mean he'll make it in.
Wow, that's a little harsh, dontcha think? I'm not a Geno fanboy (but I AM a Lucario fanboy:grin:)...but he does have high marks on the polls (even if it is just 'cuz of us), and he would be cool...but to each his own, I reckon...

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Yeah, Geno thread would be up in arms against you instantaneously.

I want Megaman in but the question for me is more what style they decide on, cause he has changed radically and none of his techniques seem very easy to put in Brawl (copy skill has to be totally different from Kirby, or not there at all... and if he can't get new guns what's the point).

I also want Bomberman in, just because of those pictures someone made of him kicking bombs at people in Brawl screenshots.
45%classic, 35% X, 10%.EXE, 5%legends, 5% other.

this is based on what I guess the chances of each form are.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice

o_O, I sense phail in that post.

First of all, I'm pretty sure that Megaman has been in a LOT more games in Nintendo than Bomberman, phail #1

And the fact that Geno was both in the Brawl AND Melee polls, pretty much means that he does have a fanbase outside this forum, phail #2

aside from MM vs Bomberman, I think Geno is a shoe-in, so, yeah PHAIL

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman

I'm not a Geno fan really, but you're just being stupid. The poll was taken from Japanese gamers that had nothing to do with these forums... the reason he got high marks was their support. So you have no clue as to how many people actually want him in.

And I'm having a hard time believing there are more Bomberman games. I'd like to see some comparison lists if anybody has bothered with it yet.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
counting the games listed in wikipedia, bomberman has had around 30 Nintendo games, while Megaman easily gets over 45, so yeah, more MM games

RDK

Smash Hero
Ah, n00bs. How fun they are.
I'm not a Geno fan really, but you're just being stupid. The poll was taken from Japanese gamers that had nothing to do with these forums... the reason he got high marks was their support. So you have no clue as to how many people actually want him in.
Stupid, am I? I'm not talking about that poll. Please try not to blindly enter into a conversation, spouting off crap about things you don't understand.

And BTW, just because **** voted for Geno on Sakurai's poll doesn't mean that they think he's the best choice, or that they even played his games.

First of all, I'm pretty sure that Megaman has been in a LOT more games in Nintendo than Bomberman, phail #1
"Pretty sure" doesn't cut it, friend.

And the fact that Geno was both in the Brawl AND Melee polls, pretty much means that he does have a fanbase outside this forum, phail #2
I never said he DIDN'T have a fanbase outside the forums. I said it was considerably smaller than the one at SWF.

Foe

Smash Journeyman
34- BM
44-MM

I think for MM. I counted and then forgot..it's either 42-45. But doesn't matter much.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
See.

Look at how much controversy just the mentioning of Geno brings. Now imagine a whole thread based with a opening post saying that Geno and Ridley sucks. Pure lol.

Cinder

Smash Master

Stupid, am I? I'm not talking about that poll. Please try not to blindly enter into a conversation, spouting off crap about things you don't understand.

And BTW, just because **** voted for Geno on Sakurai's poll doesn't mean that they think he's the best choice, or that they even played his games.

I never said he DIDN'T have a fanbase outside the forums. I said it was considerably smaller than the one at SWF.
Can we just drop the Geno argument?!? We should either be discussing kittens or flaming Lord Hokage...

Toesrus

Smash Cadet
i agree 100%, i really dont think megaman would be a good addition to this game.

RDK

Smash Hero
Irony FTW
I like how you find your own jokes funny. But go ahead and continue, if you think it is. You're just another ridiculous fanboy that blows his top whenever someone doesn't agree with his opinion.

Whaddaya know--I summed up the whole Geno thread just then. Talk about killing two birds with one stone.

Cinder

Smash Master
I like how you find your own jokes funny. But go ahead and continue, if you think it is. You're just another ridiculous fanboy that blows his top whenever someone doesn't agree with his opinion.

Whaddaya know--I summed up the whole Geno thread just then. Talk about killing two birds with one stone.
*clutches head in agony* AGGHHH!! We get the point, you don't think Geno is popular...if you dislike him so much, create an anti-Geno thread...this isn't a place to talk about Geno...it's a place to talk about kittens:p

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I was talking about Megaman having more games than Bomberman.

The fact that you are bringing up Geno shows that you want a reaction, thus will do anything for it, and are a troll. Please people, just ignore **** like this.

*looks at 1st half of post*

QFT.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
O RLY? lets see here

Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 5
Mega Man 6
Mega Man 7
Mega Man 8(was later ported to the GC)
Megaman and bass
Mega Man in Dr. Wily's Revenge (gameboy)
Mega Man II (gameboy)
Mega Man III (gameboy)
Mega Man IV (gameboy)
Mega Man V (gameboy)
Wily & Right no RockBoard: That's Paradise
Mega Man's Soccer
Mega Man: The Power Battle (was later ported to the GC)
Mega Man: The Power Fighters (was later ported to the GC)
Mega Man Battle & Chase (was later ported to the GC)

Mega Man X
Mega Man X2
Mega Man X3
Mega Man X4(was later ported to the GC)
Mega Man X5(was later ported to the GC)
Mega Man X6(was later ported to the GC)
Mega Man Xtreme
Mega Man Xtreme 2

Mega Man 64

Mega Man Battle Network
Mega Man Battle Network 2
Mega Man Battle Network 3
Mega Man Battle Network 4
Mega Man Battle Network 5
Mega Man Battle Network 6
Mega Man Network Transmission
Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge
Rockman EXE 4.5 Real Operation

Mega Man Zero
Mega Man Zero 2
Mega Man Zero 3
Mega Man Zero 4

Mega Man ZX
Mega Man ZX Advent

Mega Man Starforce
Mega Man starforce 2

thats about 45 games right thar.
and heres bomberman:

Bomberman
Bomberman II
Bomberman '93 (was later ported to the wii)
Bomberman B-Daman
Super Bomberman
Super Bomberman 2
Super Bomberman 3
Super Bomberman 4
Super Bomberman 5
Bomberman 64
Bomberman Hero
Bomberman 64: The Second Attack
Bomberman 64(japan only game, not realated to the other BM64)
Bomberman Jetters
Bomberman Generation
Bomberman Land 2
Bomberman Land Wii
Bomberman (WiiWare)

Atomic Punk
Pocket Bomberman
Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman!
Bomberman GB 2
Bomberman GB 3
Panic Bomber
Bomberman Quest
Bomberman Max
Bomberman Tournament
Bomberman Max 2
Bomberman DS
Bomberman Land Touch!
Bomberman Story DS
Bomberman Land Touch! 2

thats about 32 nintendo games......

here, however, is where I strongly agree with you. He gets too much attention over here, considering how much I HATE him. I bet 3 out of those 4 geno votes came from translated messages from SWF.

RDK

Smash Hero
*clutches head in agony* AGGHHH!! We get the point, you don't think Geno is popular...if you dislike him so much, create an anti-Geno thread...this isn't a place to talk about Geno...it's a place to talk about kittens
I don't really HATE Geno. I don't want to create an anti-Geno thread. I just can't stand his fanclub.

To whoever called me a troll, whatever. I'm not a troll. Call me what you want, I don't really care.

Let's just forget that little topic deviation and get on with the conversation.

@Yeahdude:

I laughed too hard, and almost hurt myself. :chuckle:

here, however, is where I strongly agree with you. He gets too much attention over here, considering how much I HATE him. I bet 3 out of those 4 geno votes came from translated messages from SWF.
Hey, glad we agree on something. :)

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman

It's the only poll with any relevance to the issue, so perhaps you should take your arguments from places that count instead of being so inclusive to these forums. And quit acting like you're witty and trying to skirt around what you say when people call you out on it.

No, you didn't specifically state that there were no fans of Geno outside of here but you implied it which is enough. Also the person never said that either, they might have meant that there was MORE of a fanbase then you were giving credit for.

I'm glad I make someone smile though (whether it's from love or hate). :D

RDK

Smash Hero
but you implied it which is enough
.....so the fact that you thought I implied something automatically makes it my intention?

Amazing argument there. Straw Man at its finest.

This thread is now about Captain Falcon.
MUST RESIST, lol. He's just too sexy.

Stryks

Smash Hero
1.- I would like to say not only their laser, but their charge bomb, as well as movement such as jumps and also look similar
2.- -yeah agree, but Megaman is at risk of not getting in which I hope he doesn't simply because I don't llike the guy that's all
3.- -Snake is a HUGE icon, he's had several games and has sold millions of copies worldwide, and is also popular in Japan if you didn't know
1.- Megaman cant morphball nor lay bombs nor screw attack and:

Megaman jump

Samus jump

2.- That alone KILLS ur thread, 100% biased

3.- WRONG, megaman is an iconic character since the NES, revolutionazing games and is incredibly popular, so is snake, but I bet out of 100 random people, more would know megaman than snake...

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
This thread is now about Captain Falcon.
Knee of doom and Falcon punch, there thats all that needs to be said about him.
Now back to the Geno drama. Just got to wait for the Ridley fanatics to join the party now....

Hell why doesn't someone just satisfy my want for angry fanboys and just make the thread.

Funny thing is, I have no problem with Ridley or Geno, just somehow the fans made me hate the characters. Funny how that works....

Always hated Lucario though.

Lucario.......

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
.....so the fact that you thought I implied something automatically makes it my intention?

Amazing argument there. Straw Man at its finest.

MUST RESIST, lol. He's just too sexy.
Yeah, my mind just magically pulled it out of the air. Had absolutely NOTHING to do with your tirades against said character's popularity. Ahem.

Captain Falcon ran over my mailbox!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom