• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Anti-Megaman thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakath

Smash Ace
You've yet to give an actual reason for Rock Man not to be in Brawl. Well, you've yet to give an actual and GOOD reason for it anyway.

You just state your opinion going around without trying to give any real evidence, fabricating what you wish when people ask you to give a properly designed arguement. As soon as you have one, maybe you can try to play with the big kids and argue against Rock Man in the game.

Till then, go away.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean any one cares.

And its not because your stating your opinion that I say that its that your so inconceivably stupid and ignorant that you wont listen to any thing we say and you say **** like "MM sux".... are you autistic or something? but that would be an insult to autistic people.

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
ok, you want some arguement then I'd be glad first of

-Megaman looks too similar to Samus plus both have similar moves
-sure Mega may be popular, but other third parties such as Bomberman, Pac-Man, Viewtiful Joe, Geno also have a chance for a slot, thereby possibly cutting out Megaman
-Megaman is from a fighting game, and should stick to capcom fighting based games rather than smash fighting
Megaman isn't as big as an icon as Sonic, Mario, or Snake, sure he is big, but not big enough

if you got some arguments against mine, i'm listening

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
To be fair guys, there are in fact bigger n00bs than Mr. Hokage (Naruto is **** though, by the way) here... I don't if any of you have spent any time on NSider before it was canned without warning, but one of its users in particular, King Mananan, is almost single handedly responsible for the entirety of Lip's fan base thanks to his inexplicable hatred for the character - and if advocating the boycott of Brawl wasn't bad enough, he went so far as to pretty much blame the Bush presidency and 9/11 on her... and no, sadly I'm NOT kidding... If he's not the poster for ultimate n00bness, I really don't know who would be...

Granted, hatred towards Mega Man is a cardinal sin of which forgiveness is nigh impossible - unless it were directed exclusively toward the .EXE and Starforce incarnations, then it'd be okay... (Those series need to die in a fire...)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

-sure Mega may be popular, but other third parties such as Bomberman, Pac-Man, Viewtiful Joe, Geno also have a chance for a slot, thereby possibly cutting out Megaman
-Megaman is from a fighting game, and should stick to capcom fighting based games rather than smash fighting
Megaman isn't as big as an icon as Sonic, Mario, or Snake, sure he is big, but not big enough

1) what moves do they have in common...their laser? Ooh...one move and it doesn't even have to act the same...
3) Every 3rd party choice IN Brawl now has been in a crossover fighter...plus Bomberman has as well
4) Since when is Snake an icon...Megaman is much more than him

Legolastom

Smash Hero
1. No they don't... not at all, they have a blaster but thats all.
2. But they are no where near as popular / deserving as him.
3. He isn't as big as Mario but he is much bigger than Snake as almost / as big as Sonic (All Sonic has is old rivalry with Ninty). Also he isnt actually from a fighting game... even if he was that would surely be a plus.

Cinder

Smash Master

1. He has hundreds of games to pull moves from...and looks aren't everything...
2. They don't cut him out...they just compete for the spot
3. THIS IS FAIL!!! One, he's IN a fighting game, not FROM one...two, he's in a fighting game...that makes him more capable of a Brawl spot...and when was Bomberman in a fighting game? Seriously, this argument is FAIL! Roflcats can't partray your stupidity...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
3. THIS IS FAIL!!! One, he's IN a fighting game, not FROM one...two, he's in a fighting game...that makes him more capable of a Brawl spot...and when was Bomberman in a fighting game? Seriously, this argument is FAIL! Roflcats can't partray your stupidity...
Bomberman has been in a fighting game

RDK

Smash Hero
I'm ashamed that a fellow Bomberman fan made a thread of this calibre of stupidity.

Hokage, you need to not speak again. Ever.

Rakath

Smash Ace

Glad to see you try, however:
- Rock Man looks nothing like Samus in or out of armor, and the only shared move if a chargable energy shot from an arm cannon. Otherwise they have nothing in common.
- Joe and Geno aren't iconic to their respective companies (seeing as Rock is iconic to Capcom, Joe can't be) Joe in no way threatens Rock's inclusion. Geno isn't owned by Nintendo, but is a Mario character, thus not a representitive of Square Enix. Pacman is iconic, however not in connection to Nintendo itself. Bomberman is iconic, is connected to the Nintendo, but isn't on Sakurai's list nor is his game series as popular as Rock Man's series. This arguement is valid, just not thought out so well.
- Rock Man is a platformer character, not a fighting game character. This arguement is faulty on its face.
- Rockman is celibrating 20 long and glorious years in the gaming world, as the icon and star attraction of Capcom. This does make him as big an icon as Sonic and Mario. Snake isn't as big as any of the three (but he's badass).

Care to try this dance again?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
DreamMix TV World Fighters just called... They want you to know that you fail...

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
To be fair guys, there are in fact bigger n00bs than Mr. Hokage (Naruto is **** though, by the way) here... I don't if any of you have spent any time on NSider before it was canned without warning, but one of its users in particular, King Mananan, is almost single handedly responsible for the entirety of Lip's fan base thanks to his inexplicable hatred for the character - and if advocating the boycott of Brawl wasn't bad enough, he went so far as to pretty much blame the Bush presidency and 9/11 on her... and no, sadly I'm NOT kidding... If he's not the poster for ultimate n00bness, I really don't know who would be...

Granted, hatred towards Mega Man is a cardinal sin of which forgiveness is nigh impossible - unless it were directed exclusively toward the .EXE and Starforce incarnations, then it'd be okay... (Those series need to die in a fire...)
yeah, I've read some of his threads actually in Nsider, that guy should be in a straightjacket for real...

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

The only possible same move Megaman would have is his charged shot. Other then that. they are completely different.
Bomberman does have a chance. I do not believe Pacman does though. Viewtiful Joe has a 2% of making it. Geno is th eonly contender for the 3rd 3rd Party slot but a possibility is Nintedno finally buys the rights to the character. Who knows. But that is hardly ana rguement for Megaman not being in Brawl.
He's been in several but that's not his sole game franchise which Nintedno looks mostly at. Snake has appeared in a fighting game as well.
Actually, Megaman is a much bigger icon then Snake. That's just a fact.

Anyways, please note I do not support Megaman in anyway. I am indifferent on the subject. I am only arguing because the thread maker is a complete ******.

RDK

Smash Hero
DreamMix TV World Fighters just called... They want you to know that you fail...
That garners an air-five.

*WINDS UP*

P.S: @Venus

WTF?

tirkaro

Smash Champion

no, they would not. didn't you at all pay attention to the comic I posted three pages back? just because they have one similar feature, doesn't make them similar.

its actually the exact opposite. he's the most popular and demanded 3rd party character who wan't sonic. he means trouble for all those characters. for example, VJ as pretty much no chance as long as megaman is around. VJ has a 0.00000000000000000001% chance compared to megaman. bomberman might get in, due to the close relationship between hudson and nintendo, but heck, nintendo lets capcom make ZELDA games. and the zelda
series is known as the most holy and perfect franchises nintendo has. and of all the companies they develop one, they let capcom make them. if that doesn't prove thier relationship, I dunno what does. but both MM and BM can get in. MM over BM though.

*facepalms* further proof of your ignorance. megaman IS NOT FROM A FIGHTING GAME! he's from his own series! which are a series of PLATFORMERS (aka, not fighting games.) he's only appeared in 2 fighting games as a novelty "guest" character anyway.
*in snake voice* are you kidding me!? megaman is MORE iconic than snake. he's more iconic than most other characters in smash right now. he's the most iconic 3rd party character so far. by that one sentance, I can already tell you know nothing about megaman, and your lucky I'm bothering having this conversation with you.

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
1) what moves do they have in common...their laser? Ooh...one move and it doesn't even have to act the same...
3) Every 3rd party choice IN Brawl now has been in a crossover fighter...plus Bomberman has as well
4) Since when is Snake an icon...Megaman is much more than him

I would like to say not only their laser, but their charge bomb, as well as movement such as jumps and also look similar
-yeah agree, but Megaman is at risk of not getting in which I hope he doesn't simply because I don't llike the guy that's all
-Snake is a HUGE icon, he's had several games and has sold millions of copies worldwide, and is also popular in Japan if you didn't know

Zevox

Smash Lord

1) I think you need glasses. Mega Man is a child cyborg with blue mechanical parts. Samus is a full grown woman in a red space suit. They look nothing alike. Their only similarity is that both use blaster canons on their arm - thats less of a similarity than Ike and Link both using swords, and would impact exactly one move of his. Big deal.
2) So they do, yet the fact that Mega Man has been the clear #2 choice for a third-party ever since they were revealed to be possible gives him an edge over all of those. Add to that the fact
3) He is not from a fighting game, hes merely appeared in a couple as a guest (much as he would in Brawl). He originates in his own action/platform games, and has been in literally over 100 of those.
4) Not quite as big as Sonic or Mario (because no one is), but Snake hes easily a greater icon than. Plus hes certainly much bigger than the ones you listed in #2 (only Bomber Man and Pac Man come close to him).

Zevox

Cinder

Smash Master
I would like to say not only their laser, but their charge bomb, as well as movement such as jumps and also look similar
-yeah agree, but Megaman is at risk of not getting in which I hope he doesn't simply because I don't llike the guy that's all
-Snake is a HUGE icon, he's had several games and has sold millions of copies worldwide, and is also popular in Japan if you didn't know
-Oh, I'm sorry...I had no idea MM could roll up in a tight ball and drop bombs...ZOMG...

-Bias...pure bias...that ruins your argument...you're biased

-And so is Megaman...ZOMG...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
*face palm*...my bad :embarrass...I got caught in the heat of the moment flaming Lord Hokage...besides, my knowledge of video games is fairly limited...
Bah... I feel bad for being an ******* now... :embarrass

Sorry, but I tend get a bit defensive when people talk smack about the B-Man... Don't take it personally, but please don't take it out on him on behalf of Mr. Hokage's baseless hatred toward Mega Man...

RDK

Smash Hero
Sorry, but I tend get a bit defensive when people talk smack about the B-Man... Don't take it personally, but please don't take it out on him on behalf of Mr. Hokage's baseless hatred toward Mega Man...
.....you forgot my virtual high-five. I thought we were Bomber-buddies? :urg:

@Venus

I thought you were stealing my trademark red font just to be a ****, but NVM.

Zevox

Smash Lord
1) Mega Man doesn't have a charge bomb ability, and certainly none of the robot powers he steals in his games are akin to Samus' bombs. And how do their motion and jumps look any more similar than any other two characters'?
2) But thats not an actual reason why he won't get in, which is what you were (supposedly) giving.
3) The same can be said of Mega Man, except with "over a hundred" instead of "several" games, and "very popular worldwide" rather than just "also popular in Japan."

Zevox

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
.....you forgot my virtual high-five. I thought we were Bomber-buddies? :urg:

@Venus

I thought you were stealing my trademark red font just to be a ****, but NVM.
What!? Like, red font is MY trademark!!! Haha, I have used it since I started posting on my first forum which was around 7 years ago. One time, when I was writing a paper, I found out I accidently typed in [ color= red ] in one of my sentances.

Anyways, Lord Hokage is just plain ol f.uckberries.

Cinder

Smash Master
I just realized something...and you gotta love the irony...the more you flame MM, the more I want him in...I can't wait for Sakurai to give us the update, so we can all point and laugh at your pitiful n00biness...

Cinder

Smash Master
and Bomberman doesn't?

also, just to add something, the Naruto anime is crap, but I found the Manga to be excellent.
Win...

I'd also like to remind you [Lord Hokage] that people are pushing for Dark Samus...if you're basing clone-ness on LOOKS, DS is a 100% clone (but DS would be totally different movewise;))

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
also, just to add something, the Naruto anime is crap, but I found the Manga to be excellent.
They're quite similar. But I think the art style works best in manga form.

Also, I find this thread to be quite humorous.

"They look the same" for two characters who only vaguely resemble each other is one of the funniest reasons for thinking a character cant be in.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
and Bomberman doesn't?

Sorry, but by that logic, Samus is in fact copying off of Bomberman, as his game was released BEFORE Metroid in North America, and in Japan, he's got Samus beat by THREE years (on MSX in 1983 -vs- on FDS in 1986). And if we were to take BOX ART (NA box art, nonetheless) seriously, then we'd be forced to recognize THIS atrocity:

Need I say more...

Sorry dude, but PWN you did not... And stop ragging on Bomberman already.

Rakath

Smash Ace
You guys really shouldn't be judging a series by its English art:

- Rock Man 2

- Bomberman 2

- Metroid

So your counter arguement is valid, but the original arguement is faulty.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You guys really shouldn't be judging a series by its English art:

- Rock Man 2

- Bomberman 2

- Metroid

So your counter arguement is valid, but the original arguement is faulty.
Bomberman was not intended to look like his currect form in the first game, not even in the Japanese version...I'm certain of that.

Rakath

Smash Ace
I tried to find a Bomberman 1 box, but the thing is nigh non-existant, even on the intarweb.

Rakath

Smash Ace
There's a vague similarity between that Bomberman and Samus, but nowhere near as big of one as the English boxes. And the Rock Man counterarguement is dead because he really was supposed to be cute innocent chibi robot boy from conception. He's based on Astroboy and all.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
There's a vague similarity between that Bomberman and Samus, but nowhere near as big of one as the English boxes. And the Rock Man counterarguement is dead because he really was supposed to be cute innocent chibi robot boy from conception. He's based on Astroboy and all.
True, but the name RockMAN didn't really help that concept much now, did it?

Rakath

Smash Ace
No, rightly didn't help much. But I don't think they figured American box artists sucked that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom