• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Anti-Megaman thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Capcom and nintendo dont have segas and nintendo relationship. megaman ain't getting in. i wonder when will street fighter 4 is released. hopefully its around the time brawl is so that we can see sf4 fall flat. but S.F. fans and smash bros fans are very separated
capcom and nintendo's relationship are actually closer than nintendo's and segas. why else do nintendo systems get all the megaman games? the only recent megaman games to not appear on nintendo consoles are the PSP remakes. while in that time, the DS already has 4 more megaman games. not to mention other things, like bringing okami to the wii, and making MONSTER-FUKEN-HUNTER 3 a wii exclusive. if that doesn't show capcom's and nintendo's relationship, I dunno what does.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Answer this:

A ROBOT is in a game with human/animals/kirby YET in order for Mega to get a POWER FROM ANOTHER THEY HAVE TO BE DEFEATED AND THEY HAVE TO HAVE TO BE A ROBOT TO GET THE COPIED ABILITY, how would he fit in Brawl? Don't use the Samus argument because she doesnt use copy and if Mega and Samus use Ice beam its considered clone

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Answer this:

A ROBOT is in a game with human/animals/kirby YET in order for Mega to get a POWER FROM ANOTHER THEY HAVE TO BE DEFEATED AND THEY HAVE TO HAVE TO BE A ROBOT TO GET THE COPIED ABILITY, how would he fit in Brawl? Don't use the Samus argument because she doesnt use copy and if Mega and Samus use Ice beam its considered clone
simple, use one of two solutions:
1. dont let megaman use his copy ability
2. let him use the copy ability anyway. guess what? IT DOESN'T HAVE TO MAKE SENSE! by that same logic, mario could kill everyone by jumping on them, DK's foward B would instantly KO pikachu, snake would actually use real guns, and not just random explosives pulled out of nowhere, bowser could destroy everyone by touching them, peach wouldn't do anything but yell "HELP", and all that jazz. so yeah, it doesn't need to make sense.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
simple, use one of two solutions:
1. dont let megaman use his copy ability
2. let him use the copy ability anyway. guess what? IT DOESN'T HAVE TO MAKE SENSE! by that same logic, mario could kill everyone by jumping on them, DK's foward B would instantly KO pikachu, snake would actually use real guns, and not just random explosives pulled out of nowhere, peach wouldn't do anything but yell "HELP", and all that jazz. so yeah, it doesn't need to make sense.
Mario jumping is kinda obvious but alright fine.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Answer this:

I see you're foolishly fishing for reasons why Megaman can't be in Brawl. Also, I heard you were no better than those who say "Ridley can't be in... he's too big". You don't have a good reason. You're applying the rules of Megaman games to Brawl. They're different games. Have you seen Zero-Suit Samus' Final Smash for example? She just summons another suit!! Out of nowhere.

Go back to thinking school. Learn to think. With your brain.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I see you're foolishly fishing for reasons why Megaman can't be in Brawl. Also, I heard you were no better than those who say "Ridley can't be in... he's too big". You don't have a good reason. You're applying the rules of Megaman games to Brawl. They're different games. Have you seen Zero-Suit Samus' Final Smash for example? She just summons another suit!! Out of nowhere.

Go back to thinking school. Learn to think. With your brain.
Thats nice. But I never claimed Ridley was to big, to be honest I don't even have a negative post about him.

Also sure you could call it foolish but seeing how as many people want Mega in Brawl WITH his copy ability, how would it work? tikaro at least provided 2 reasons as to why and how.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
I still dont see how megaman wont be in brawl. He has all the qualities. Some of these arguments are ridiculous.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
what are you talking about, capcom and nintendo are on decent terms. with their past history togeatjher I would be suprised if megaman wasnt in. dont forget megaman originated on a nintendo console and still mostly runs on nintendo consoles.
1. 10 MM games on the SNES and Nes... likely more but they are just the main ones.
2. Resident Evil 4 exclusivity deal.
3. Nintendo even let Capcom make 4 friggin Zelda games!!
5. Monster hunter 3.
6. Long and fruitful history with each other.
7. If Capcom never made SF2 then Smash wouldn't even be around today.
8. Capcom is closer to Nintendo than Sega and Konami combined!!
9. Some other stuff that im not even going to bother to mention... (Like VJ coming out on GC first).

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
7. If Capcom never made SF2 then Smash wouldn't even be around today.
o_0 are you even making sense? of course smash would still be arouind regardless whether Street Fighter was ever made or not, in fact Street Fighter has NOTHING to do with smash so I dunno what your talking about

8. Capcom is closer to Nintendo than Sega and Konami combined!!
nope, you are wrong again, actually Nintendo and Sega are as close as Capcom and Nintendo, but when you add Konami, then the trio would be closer that just Nintendo and Capcom

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
because I'm still around, and when Megaman doesn't get confirmed I will be laughing so hard, it won't even be funny :p

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
BOOOOO MEGAMAN RULES whoever made this thread.

there are no more deserving characters than him because

1. he was second only to sonic on the poll.
2. as much as i like bomberman, megaman is simply a better known character, if only for his sheer amount of games, and most of which are pretty good.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
bored tirkaro is bored.

its finally here folks! the 2nd part to the epic biography revealing the true history of lord hokage!
after killing dio brando, lord hokage invaded smashboards, where jojo happens to be a member!
can he survive the wrath of the ultimate n00b?

it seems hokage is nearly unstoppable! can any amount of intellegence stand a chance against him? what will jojo do? how will smashboards put up with this guy? find out on the next episode of the history of lord hokage!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Tirkaro = PWN master, I kneel before such greatness...

and got pwned hokage, oh wait ur named after a naruto character? oh ok it makes sense now...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
BOOOOO MEGAMAN RULES whoever made this thread.

there are no more deserving characters than him because

1. he was second only to sonic on the poll.
2. as much as i like bomberman, megaman is simply a better known character, if only for his sheer amount of games, and most of which are pretty good.
Technically 1 was incorrect...While Megaman was second, Sonic was not even on the Polll...However Geno was. BUT Geno can be included in the roster with Loopholes. So, excluding Geno, Megaman was 1st

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Naruto is crap.

And that comic ws pretty incredible.

However, I dont really want Megaman in. If there are going to be so few 3rd party characters, there are other characters who I personally would prefer.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea who you would "Personally" prefer.

While on the other hand many, many, many, more people would prefer Mega man.

And thats just popularity don't even need to tell you how much he deserves it and how close Capcom are with Nintendo.

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Yhea who you would "Personally" prefer.

While on the other hand many, many, many, more people would prefer Mega man.
Sorry, I didnt notice that i said "SINCE I PERSONALLY WOULD PREFER ANOTHER CHARACTER THAT MEANS HE ISNT GETTING IN" I could have sworn I was just stating my opinion...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Technically 1 was incorrect...While Megaman was second, Sonic was not even on the Polll...However Geno was. BUT Geno can be included in the roster with Loopholes. So, excluding Geno, Megaman was 1st
... Third party poll's...

Sorry, I didnt notice that i said "SINCE I PERSONALLY WOULD PREFER ANOTHER CHARACTER THAT MEANS HE ISNT GETTING IN" I could have sworn I was just stating my opinion...
Well you never said that you didn't... it would have been more clear if you said something "But he is still likely to get in" I just dont see the point in just saying you dislike a character.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
... Third party poll's...

Well you never said that you didn't... it would have been more clear if you said something "But he is still likely to get in" I just dont see the point in just saying you dislike a character.
What's the third party poll?

True Fool

Smash Ace
I'd take Megaman over most third-parties. The only ones over him who I'd like to see are Ninja(FF), almost anyone from Street Fighter/Soul Calibur/almost any other 2D fighting game as well.

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
^nah, maybe you should, just because I state my opinion here doesn't give you the right to start kicking me out so... no I won't leave and yea Megaman sux!

Cinder

Smash Master
^nah, maybe you should, just because I state my opinion here doesn't give you the right to start kicking me out so... no I won't leave and yea Megaman sux!
Maybe you should back your opinion with some logic, instead of creating a thread with the sole pupose of flaming supporters of one of the most popular (and likely) third party characters...seriously, you need a life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom