• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Anti-Megaman thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The amount of supporters of Megaman is proportional the chance of Megaman in Brawl.

The amount of MONEY Nintendo and Capcom will each make by allowing/putting Megaman in Brawl is proportional to the chance he will be in Brawl.

The amount of Megaman haters is proportional to the chance of him being in Brawl.

The intelligence of said haters is inversely proportional to the chance of Megaman in Brawl.

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
i completely agree with the opinion that megaman shouldn't be in brawl

however i definitely don't want bomberman either

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
no i make it the Anti-Megaman thread and I say Megaman ain't and shouldn't appear in Brawl simply because I rather see Geno, Bomberman, Tails, Knuckels rather than that good for nothing Samus-clone

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
no i make it the Anti-Megaman thread and I say Megaman ain't and shouldn't appear in Brawl simply because I rather see Geno, Bomberman, Tails, Knuckels rather than that good for nothing Samus-clone
Nothing wrong with liking Geno and Bomberman but Megaman is far from a Samus clone

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
This thread is pathetic...pathetic on all levels of the word. I ask you, why dedicate a thread to hating a character? The best thing to do is to distance yourself from said character, not create a bloody thread with them as the main subject!

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
finally some arguments!!! As you can see from my sig, I also support Geno, but I think that another Sonic rep is too much (I thought Tails was already confirmed as an AT?) , but Megaman would also be a great addition, and DEFINETLY NOT a Samus clone.

Francly, I don't see why do you hate him so much, all you have done in this thread is post "Megaman SUXZ"... that annoys me

BTW I think that Anti-char threads shouldn't be allowed, since the more the merrier!!!. Anti- threads beats the purpose of Smash, to unite characters in one GREAT game (Megaman and Geno would make it the greatest!)

Stryks

Smash Hero
One: Ur a kid who only sees the physics of the character and thus evaluate its status, if that was too complex for you it means ur dumb...
two: Megaman is a 3d party character, will sakurai:

choose mega over all the rest of the candidates
contacts capcom
waits for a response
gets response and set up a meeting
sakurai tries to convince capcom in adding megaman
waits for a response
gets a response and adds him to the game
sees possible moveset, entrance, role in subspace, music, stage

JUST to become a samus clone?

FAIL

Rakath

Smash Ace
So... Rock Man shouldn't be in because Bomberman and Rayman are more popular from more popular games, and because Rock Man is a Samus clone?

First, the Samus clone thing is directly false and playing games from both series would utterly disprove that.

Second, so the 11 Rayman games and 37 Bomberman games somehow prove those series have more popularity than the Rock Man series which has 50+ games at least. Even excluding the likes of Dash series and EXE series (and even excluding the sports and racing games) the Primary Rock Man series still has 26 games. Of those 26 games off the top of my head. Rock Man 1 has 3 remales (PS1, Anno Collection, Powered Up), 2-6 has PS1 and Anno remakes, 7-8 were in Anno, Rock and Forte got rereleased on the GBA to make up for the lack of English release on the SNES, Both arcade games were in Anno. X Series and its remake in Anno, Z series has 4 games, ZX series has only two games currently but it doesn't look dead yet.

So certainly (sarcasm), the Ray and Bomber are more loved than the Rock, no question (SARCASM). You all may not like the fact that Rock Man could be in Brawl, some of you may hate this idea. However short of Geno he's the top contender for 3rd party shot.

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
^ nope I beleive Geno should deserve the spot rather than Megaman because like I said he would be a Samus clone with his charging bomb

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
^ nope I beleive Geno should deserve the spot rather than Megaman because like I said he would be a Samus clone with his charging bomb
Geno is able to get in because of Loophole...that should have nothing to do with Megaman

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
what, because he was in MarioRPG? that still gives Geno as much of a chance as Megaman thereby having an equal or greater chance than Megaman

Rakath

Smash Ace
what, because he was in MarioRPG? that still gives Geno as much of a chance as Megaman thereby having an equal or greater chance than Megaman
Except the third party cast is supposed to represent non-Nintendo franchises. Geno being a third party rep won't represent Square, as he's a Mario character. It rightly depends on if Geno is counted as Square first or Nintendo first.

Cinder

Smash Master

Why can't this thread just die, already? *shakes head*

Let me set this straight...Megaman and Geno, as well as any third party, has a chance...and "anti-soandso" threads only bring shame upon their creators...just let this thread die...it's only going to bite you in the ***...

EDIT: I just noticed Lord Hokage's sig...and here is my response:

KILL LORD HOKAGE!!!:sniper:

Stryks

Smash Hero
Not really, megaman is the 2nd most wanted 3rd party character, and seeing how the number of 3rd parties in brawl are slim sakurai should go by popularity, and thus megaman has a kick *** shot at being in brawl...

and for the megaman=samus clone:

One: Ur a kid who only sees the physics of the character and thus evaluate its status, if that was too complex for you it means ur dumb...
two: Megaman is a 3d party character, will sakurai:

choose mega over all the rest of the candidates
contacts capcom
waits for a response
gets response and set up a meeting
sakurai tries to convince capcom in adding megaman
waits for a response
gets a response and adds him to the game
sees possible moveset, entrance, role in subspace, music, stage

JUST to become a samus clone?

FAIL

tirkaro

Smash Champion

now that dio has created the ultimate n00b, lord hokage, will he make it? most importantly, how will smashboards be able to handle lord hokage's n00biness?! is smashboards doomed forever!? is it possible for him to get banned? find out of the next episode of the history of lord hokage!

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice

Why can't this thread just die, already? *shakes head*

Let me set this straight...Megaman and Geno, as well as any third party, has a chance...and "anti-soandso" threads only bring shame upon their creators...just let this thread die...it's only going to bite you in the ***...

EDIT: I just noticed Lord Hokage's sig...and here is my response:

KILL LORD HOKAGE!!!:sniper:
QFT (especially the killing part)

@TC: if you are such a big Geno fan, you should be reading the geno support thread, and you'll realize that Geno and Megaman can both be in Brawl, there is an article about Geno's status as 2 1/2 party, you should REALLY read it, so that you could finally drop the "geno deserves that spot!" argument ¬¬

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
The amount of supporters of Megaman is proportional the chance of Megaman in Brawl.

The amount of MONEY Nintendo and Capcom will each make by allowing/putting Megaman in Brawl is proportional to the chance he will be in Brawl.

The amount of Megaman haters is proportional to the chance of him being in Brawl.

The intelligence of said haters is inversely proportional to the chance of Megaman in Brawl.
QFT... although there were many I could have quoted. Well, this is the lamest thread I've seen in a while, so of course, here I'm posting. *palm to face* Yeah, there would have to be some major legal hangups, or contract disagreements between Capcom and Nintendo for this dude not to be in. If Sakurai loves retro gaming as much as his reputation suggests... well, he's in. (Unless he has a strange grudge against Capcom/Megaman.) I'm gonna say he has a good 70% chance of making it.

(No if only they would include WW Link.) And heck, I wouldn't mind Bomberman either.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
IMO.... I'd rather have another Pokemon, or a clone, than Megaman in Brawl.

But that's me.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Capcom and nintendo dont have segas and nintendo relationship. megaman ain't getting in. i wonder when will street fighter 4 is released. hopefully its around the time brawl is so that we can see sf4 fall flat. but S.F. fans and smash bros fans are very separated

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
what are you talking about, capcom and nintendo are on decent terms. with their past history togeatjher I would be suprised if megaman wasnt in. dont forget megaman originated on a nintendo console and still mostly runs on nintendo consoles.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I think that the big reason why he'll be in. There are so many Megaman games for Gameboy, it's not even funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom