• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2012 Florida Power Ranking Thread! (Powered By Bath Salts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Wrong or not it's the new pr thread. Even though i was on the panel i didn't get to participate in the discussions this time around cuz lack of communication due to my internet situation atm.

@Gallax your results are post apex. And iirc the cutoff for post apex was june 6. If all those wins were b4 june 6th then yes, you NEED to be put on below seibrik somewhere. Granted if all that was from 1 tourney then at the same time that's just not enough. Gotta have more of a data pool as well as strong results.

@MVD i actually agree with you. Based on the results i'm hearing(as i haven't seen the data in question) from you then ya, you should be ahead of hrnut.

@Xaltis From what i'm seeing/hearing you did not enter enough post apex to be put on this pr. And when u did it wasn't too significant.

@Awal :facepalm:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
@Xaltis From what i'm seeing/hearing you did not enter enough post apex to be put on this pr. And when u did it wasn't too significant.

This PR is supposed to combine all the months together. Not 2 separate ones. That was the dumbest thing that could have been done. Please just delete this thread.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Lol at everyone telling someone on the panel to lock the thread

If you don't wanna be part of it, just go back to playing lol.

Edit.

Nevermind. Not worth it.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Let it be known....

D-Torr - This season should have been started fresh instead of being based upon a then-unknown PR. Asserts that the current PR system assumes that PR members were influenced by their PR status despite them being unaware of that status.
That's all I said. I never said delete this thread. In fact, I don't even have a problem with the PR. Congratz to everyone. I just saw something blatantly wrong with how it was done. Thanks Exdeath for seeing that.

8Bitman

Smash Master
MVD, wasn't there a tourney where you sent me to Loser's and took me out??? I swear I remember that happening...

Either way idc for the PR, it's never right to me.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Because you dissapeared for months.
Didn't perform well in the last 6 months
and then you're confused why you're not on the PR
while makin' ridiculous claims about how this should be locked, and we're all scrubs.

If you put yourself in any of the shoes of the people who worked hard on this, you'd feel like a sack of **** having to read your posts demean the work of these "scrubs" who actually got together to make something for the community.
And rather than trying to work with it, or fix it, burn it to the ground.

I'm not responding to you from now on.

8Bitman

Smash Master
If you're trying to argue PR's with Xaltis...

You're gunna have a bad time...

Xaltis

Smash Hero

Wow I guess Kurro makes the bad admin/mod list. And lol @ Mink. I'm confused on why Viper is on it. And how I have 2 winning records over 2 people on it.

If you're trying to argue PR's with Xaltis...

You're gunna have a bad time...

Only if you don't have common sense and are an *******.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Xaltis you're bad, chill the F*** out. There is a damn good reason why you're not on this. Stop complaining, being on the PR is definitely not that big of a deal (I am not trolling).

If you want to be on the PR, be as active, if not more, than the people on it.

Not gunna lie, I think Viper shouldn't even be on this list, but he is hella active and does 9,001 times more sh** for his community and for Brawl than you do.

Seriously chill the F*** out. Hell I am better than you by far, you just use a counter to my character. If you aren't on the PR, there's a reason for it, stop being a baby and accept it and prove everyone wrong for next season.

Stop trying...

Xaltis

Smash Hero

LOLOLOL I'm better than you. I place better than you every time and have a winning record over you. You're trolling is terrible.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Like I said, if you're trying to argue PR's with Xaltis...

You're going to have a bad time.

I wasn't even trolling... You're just too heated for no reason... Holy Sh**...

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Like I said, if you're trying to argue PR's with Xaltis...

You're going to have a bad time.

I wasn't even trolling... You're just too heated for no reason... Holy Sh**...

Brett calm down. It's not that big of a deal.

If you weren't trolling then you were just being stupid. I'd just say I was trolling if I was you.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Wow, Taylor you're dumb online.... I have no idea why you get so worked up over something as insignificant as PR's...

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Tough luck. That's how it is. Fix it by winning now.
I was gonna say something else but I'm in no power to since I'm not a panelist. I'll say this though.

Jeff and Taylor, tough luck to you guys. Even though you were on the PR for 0 days 0 minutes 0 seconds, you guys were clearly defending your spots for 6 months. That's how it is. Wanna change that? Just win.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Wow, Taylor you're dumb online.... I have no idea why you get so worked up over something as insignificant as PR's...

Since when did having fun and making jokes become into worked up?

And I'd be the same in person like I always say. Nobody is stupid in person though to say stupid things.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
You can think of me however you want. Cuz all in all in person we'll still get along just fine lol.

And you are good enough to be on the pr. You just have to have the results during that time for us to actually put you on.

Apex-june 6th is the period.

You know the rest.

June 6th to apex i'm guessing would be this period.

Just do your best.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ahh ok how does everyone else feel about a 3-month period? I'd be down for that tbh. I just feel like with florida's interaction level 5-6 months would be better to garner more data so it'd be easier to objectively go over the results.

@Xaltis

...lol.Sorry to hear that,however, i'll live.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
What about a rolling 1-2 month period that refreshes every week?

You guys need to learn how to be more organized.

And how to use Excel.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Finally, we can all agree on this being the new official PR as well as the concept of the PRs suck.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Power rankings are done in like every sport which differ from actual standings due to analysis of overall factors, not just wins and losses. In terms of us, it's not that power rankings are a bad thing. We just have been doing them wrong for the most part. Another thing is that most of us put way too much into them as if they are the law when it really is not. Going back to sports, they are treated as just analysis nothing more because at the end of the day, the goal is winning not about anything else.

Basically, I'm trying to say to leave them be. The PR is not a bad thing. What's bad is treating it like it means anything of worth and value.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Power rankings are done in like every sport which differ from actual standings due to analysis of overall factors, not just wins and losses. In terms of us, it's not that power rankings are a bad thing. We just have been doing them wrong for the most part. Another thing is that most of us put way too much into them as if they are the law when it really is not. Going back to sports, they are treated as just analysis nothing more because at the end of the day, the goal is winning not about anything else.

Basically, I'm trying to say to leave them be. The PR is not a bad thing. What's bad is treating it like it means anything of worth and value.
I'm fine with the PR system. Just this time people got screwed over REAL HARD which isn't fair to them. Sorry that I like to be fair and people get mad at me for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom