• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2012 Florida Power Ranking Thread! (Powered By Bath Salts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I'm going to ask one thing of the panel.
Put a spot in the OP for the brackets/results of every tournament in this upcoming season. Everybody who hosts a tournament should put the bracket into this thread for it to be updated. If we want 100% accurate PRs, we need to 100% accurately report results.
This includes pools and the like. If the reporting is accurate, this list will be accurate.

Man, wins against me are worth so much now...
Its all on Mink now...

:sonic:

:phone:

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I'm fine with the PR system. Just this time people got screwed over REAL HARD which isn't fair to them. Sorry that I like to be fair and people get mad at me for it.
I wasn't referring to you or anyone. Just making a general post on what PRs are supposed to represent and how they differ from standings. Plus I'm not even mad at you so don't bring that to me lol.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Lol so you and Jeff?

The only people besides Halberd that aren't on the list that were on the old one. I don't think Halberd plays brawl much anymore.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
The only gripe I have over this is that I feel some of my wins were neglected.....wins over Viper, Fyre, GDX, a few others. Otherwise, glad that this is out now and it gives me people to shoot for. Didn't realize I was relatively close. I've got this next season! I hope.
Dude... from 8th place on down it was honestly "Who sucked **** the least". After 7th place ppl didn't have enough wins 2 show off why they shud b on the PR. So we put basically who sucked the least. EVERYONE had stupid losses and that's the problem. Yeah sure u only had Pr losses. But over half the damn PR is SFL players!

SFL is SO stacked!!!

& MVD... if u think u can beat HrNut then beat him NEXT TIME. We just don't have the results to show that you CAN beat him last PR.

That's the thing folks... we based everything off of RESULTS.

*continues 2 read thread from page 2 on.*

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Jeff and Taylor kinda got shafted by the 2 PR setup the panel used. Both were ranked based on their previous rank (Pre-APEX PR) for the Post-APEX PR. However, both the Pre-APEX and Post-APEX PRs were released to the public at the same time essentially meaning the Pre-APEX was in effect for 0 days 0 minutes 0 seconds. I would say not in effect but several losses they had were weighed heavier because they were PR'd but they were never aware of their position during the 6 months it covers because there was no PR to begin with. They were playing under the August 2011 PR. That's their slight at this PR.

Before anyone comes in and says oh D-Torr why you care about the PR... I don't care about the PR personally. I'm just trying to let the panel know that the process they used is a flawed one.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I demand that not only we change the PR but this thread be deleted in honor of TwoDimensional Jeff and Taylor X. Rose, it is an outrage that they aren't on the current PR. Blasphemous indeed.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Jeff and Taylor kinda got shafted by the 2 PR setup the panel used. Both were ranked based on their previous rank (Pre-APEX PR) for the Post-APEX PR. However, both the Pre-APEX and Post-APEX PRs were released to the public at the same time essentially meaning the Pre-APEX was in effect for 0 days 0 minutes 0 seconds. I would say not in effect but several losses they had were weighed heavier because they were PR'd but they were never aware of their position during the 6 months it covers because there was no PR to begin with. They were playing under the August 2011 PR. That's their slight at this PR.

Before anyone comes in and says oh D-Torr why you care about the PR... I don't care about the PR personally. I'm just trying to let the panel know that the process they used is a flawed one.

Thank you. And I would be 100% fine with not being on the PR if it was fair.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I understand where you're coming from d-torr. And it's definitely a valid point. But it had been way too long since an update was done and giving something for the ppl to work with while keeping it objective was one of the main goals. In the end we just felt it best to do it this way to help keep it objective by separating two large data pools to help quantify the skill levels of florida as well as document the change in results of existing and past pr members.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
That's why the people who care need to save it on their flash drive or upload it AT the tourney. There's also staff who run tourneys at venues like NLL who don't care either.
THIS!!!

. Dont pick up a job if your just going to half *** it.
We didnt half *** we simply posted all results available to us. Even when I posted in teh other thread that any1 should post PR MM's or tournament results 4 us NO1 ****ing did so please. STFU about us half assing this ok??? O wait..

U aint wanna be onteh PR anyways.

yall are gAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Its been made VERY clear that there is NOTHING wrong with being Gay right Kyon??? **** n if u have a problem with it grown the **** up.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Ur 4th IMO and not even this PR would change my mind

but after conversation and voting... thats not the case...

QUOTE=FGCU Viper;14608011]Explains[/QUOTE]

Dude almost ALL the ppl that complained are the ppl that missed the opportunity to b on teh panel. YOU lead us all to fix this. YOU dont deserve to be treated like **** afte rYOU singlehandedly put in so much work to help out this state as a whole.

AfroQT

Smash Master
OH yeah and please get Vinyl on here too. Take Esam off and replace that spot with Vinyl the Kirby Player.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I understand where you're coming from d-torr. And it's definitely a valid point. But it had been way too long since an update was done and giving something for the ppl to work with while keeping it objective was one of the main goals. In the end we just felt it best to do it this way to help keep it objective by separating two large data pools to help quantify the skill levels of florida as well as document the change in results of existing and past pr members.
The best way to keeping it objective was by starting fresh since it was way too long since the last period. Things can happen in a 10 month period and things did happen. I mentioned earlier that FL Melee went through 4 years between PRs. The first thing they did was make sure they can find a new period where some good tourneys come up in a 2/3 month span and make a fresh PR and it worked.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I haven't cared for it for myself personally. I just see something wrong and posting on it.

also: LOL at the Post APEX PR being based on the Pre APEX PR when they were made both at the same time. Nothing wrong there, let's keep moving folks.
It wasn't... I based my opinions on 1st on Wins vs Losses and how bad the wins vs losses were(like did you lose to sum1 who we all KNOW is a scrub or someone of mid lvl or ESAM lvl). 2nd the Top 3 spots were EASY 2 figure out and from there you base the current PR off of who else in on the PR. Lastly you gotta factor in the ability to beat someone outside of you region(NFL{We are FREE minus RYO & Chess}CFL and SFL)

A Loooooooooooooong time ago Seibrik pointed something out to me.... most of the ppl on the PR didn't lose to anyone off of the PR. Nowadays ppl dont travel, play anymore or care enough to have it like the good... SIMPLE days. spots 6-10 were hard cuz every1 losing to randoms(dont qoute me on that but jus understand my point here)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ya but that wouldn't acknowledge the successes that DID happen at all. Which i entirely disagree with. It would also leave us with a terrible starting point for this pr since the other1 is extremely outdated.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Ya but that wouldn't acknowledge the successes that DID happen at all. Which i entirely disagree with. It would also leave us with a terrible starting point for this pr since the other1 is extremely outdated.

An outdated PR > a false PR.

We just need to start fresh from the last PR. I just want this to be fair which it isn't.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Taylor, It was the right thread.

I had my problem, took it to PM's with Viper when he replied, and we talked it out and now I understand completely why I'm not on. Took care of it right there lol. So kudos to Viper for quickly sorting it out for me.

Honestly, now that its all said and done, I'm just looking to play and whomp peeps.

You guys should too.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Taylor, It was the right thread.

I had my problem, took it to PM's with Viper when he replied, and we talked it out and now I understand completely why I'm not on. Took care of it right there lol. So kudos to Viper for quickly sorting it out for me.

Honestly, now that its all said and done, I'm just looking to play and whomp peeps.

You guys should too.

I tried that and after I made all my points he pretty much did this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqs9DYisSsg

B_AWAL

Smash Master

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Yeah ive only lost to ryo and mampam. I also beat Viper and Kyon and Trump. How I am not on this lol
Bcuz u went 2 1 like 2 tourneys and you ONLY beat Viper and Kyon. Get off you own ****.

I won a tournament in November, beating GDX/Kyon/Trump/Ed. Then at NLL I did well again. Even Viper looked at me and told me, to my face after I beat him, that I was clearly a better player than him. Now this? Lol. PR's are a joke.

I just cant understand how Ive been so solid for 2 years now, and I still dont get recognition. People hatin on that :snake: :marth: :pikachu2: action.

DUDE... YOU NOT PR WORTHY... MAYBE THATS WHY YOUR NOT ON THE PR... Instead of STFU and playing in tourneys you dont go 2 em... past 2 years damn near and you still *****ing about not being on the PR. U whined so much about it helll u helped make a CFL ONLY PR!?! Wut the F@CK does that even MEAN!?!?!?!?! SUre you ONLYU lost to certain ppl... but maybe next time you should have just WON... PERIOD. Lesson 4 ur life. GO to tournaments and dont lose. PERIOD and you'll be on the PR. THis is the 1st PR where the panelists are NOT SFL STACKED and your still not on!!! U have NO excuses this time. MAN UP AND GET BETTER.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
The only success that's worth acknowledging is 1st place in a tourney. I understand placing well as a means of judging growth but that shouldn't carry so much weight for people. I've never been on the PR and I would care very little if I wasn't first on it because being first is the ultimate goal unless you're playing for something else. This is my opinion btw.

On the terrible starting point issue, I'll refer to the Melee PR as it stands. HBox, Colbol, and Plup stand at the top. Excluding Shiz from this since everyone knows he's good although he's inactive, if you ask people who the top 3 FL Melee players active, you'll probably get the three I mentioned. That PR was started fresh using results from several tourneys within a 3 month span. The previous PR was extremely outdated as well but they got it right. Don't see how that would be an issue at all.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
The only success that's worth acknowledging is 1st place in a tourney. I understand placing well as a means of judging growth but that shouldn't carry so much weight for people. I've never been on the PR and I would care very little if I wasn't first on it because being first is the ultimate goal unless you're playing for something else. This is my opinion btw.

On the terrible starting point issue, I'll refer to the Melee PR as it stands. HBox, Colbol, and Plup stand at the top. Excluding Shiz from this since everyone knows he's good although he's inactive, if you ask people who the top 3 FL Melee players active, you'll probably get the three I mentioned. That PR was started fresh using results from several tourneys within a 3 month span. The previous PR was extremely outdated as well but they got it right. Don't see how that would be an issue at all.
I agree w/your first point. However, many ppl find it gratifying to see evidence of their improvement.

Personally, my motivation simply comes from wanting to get better and seeing the fruits of my labor. But i also don't think having this pr so there's no gap is an awful idea worth this much of an issue. We should just work hard to keep up w/results so no problems come up again.

As for your second point i don't see how you could do that w/o making it extremely complicated w/o some pre-existing notion of skill levels. By establishing these 2 prs we gave the data a voice to help things along. Imo that's the only reason to of broken it up into 2 separate ones. I disagreed with it at first but ended up giving my ok as well,like the others, thinking it a non-issue tbh.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
lol vinyl shut the **** up you f4gb4g

if you consider gallax "that good" HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

wtf is wrong w/ new smashers today

who remember retro (the kirby)? at least that guy had some balls and more accomplishment than this ******
LOL #TRUTH

Viper changed his name to 9th in Florida LOL.

That's mad weak. Why are content with that? You shouldn't be proud the there are 8 better players than you in this state alone smh.

This is true but it might not mean that he is content it could just mean the start of him just simply getting better.

you're more butthurt than anyone LOL

Yes... I am more butt hurt... bcuz me Loli and Viper busted our ases off and wasted our own personal time 2 make this **** AFTER you all said you DONT wanna b on the panels(Maybe not you but alot of other ppl) Or ppl say that a PR should not even exist and then wen we make it based off of the SAME ****ING RULES THAT WE FROM BEFOREHAND you all wanna get mad....

***** calm down ryo wouldn't beat me.in tournament again, HRNUT would cause I'm *** at the ditto, I live an hour away from anyone with no car so Stfu *****, I'm the only ***** to have a winning record on riddle so ur argument is invalid.

Seibrik has a winning record over Nick Riddle 2.... o wait. he has a winning record over you 2!!! *GASP*

& BTW U just admitted that HRNut would best you... granted YES he has not been more "Consistent" than you his "RESULTS" show that he is better than you @ beating more people. PIt him against any1 outside of SFL and he prob would do better than you. And I'll remember your words about you possibly beating RYO while he is giving you the DYCK next time you 2 play. And if you beat him... FINE I'll man up and POST saying that YOUr better than RYO but as of NOW My opinion still stands. & it stands due to results... Dont like it? GEt better!!! DO my words STING???? Feel the pain and let it motivate you everytime you play!!! Thats teh SAME **** that happens to me!!! Sure I'm personally upset that I have been playing this game since day 1 and I haven't been on the PR once. But I have pride and lately I'm FINALLY able to play due to work(I DJ EVERY weekend).

While I do apologize 4 my excessive language I want you to just do 1 thing... GET BETTER. Your insulted by your placing??? THen remember it EVERYtime you plug in your controller and play!!! Get better and WIN!!! YOU are someone I ROOT 4 EVERYtime I see you go OOS u kno WHY??? Bcuz YOU have the ability and skill and time that I DO NOT. I personally want players like YOU HrNut, Seibrik, ESAM, RYO and NickR(THere are more of you but I dont wanna list every1) to be the best in teh world bcuz I WANT you all to live that dream 4 me!!! granted I should b aiming to do it myself.

B***H

Y U MAD???

I'm pretty sure screwing people out of their PR spot would be considered cheating.
Ok... Give me CONCRETE reasons as 2 WHY you feel like your screwed out of the PR?

Why...would she take that challenge? That's so much work

When is getting a blowjob not free?

Idk... Free head is free head...

[collapse=AWAL quote][/collapse]

What does she get when you bust in 2 minutes?

Liqour is my Invincibility power-up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom