• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2012 Florida Power Ranking Thread! (Powered By Bath Salts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Lol, I was hella bored, I know it was random. But that's just what I feel the PR should be...

EDIT: I thought you played Ryo, MVD, if so then I would switch you and Ryo, but that's it...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Lol what? No.

Ryo is still gonna be # 2. #3 at lowest. Plus his OoS performance.
OOS performance generally isnt used in creating statewide PRs. and If they ever are, they shouldn't

I dont agree with PRs anymore, but (for future reference) if people are gonna continue to do them, then they have to do it as good as possible under the circumstances

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
We should just make a.

"These people are good in FL" list.

We can have people listed in an order from 1-10

And it'd be alot of fun if we had a theme to go along with it :D

We could use recent results to make it too.
I'm getting all excited!

8Bitman

Smash Master
Yeah, while your idea works Danny, I feel the NLL in September will help with making a new PR, hell Danny, you might even get put on it if you do well at it, doesn't hurt to wait a month.

Also to agree with GDX's post, I never agree with PR's, there will always be opposition to at least one player per PR, but I think it's fun to at least write up your own, and for what reasons, or to at least clarify what YOU think of the PR and what you feel it should be. I never hate on PR's, I mean ****, if YOU'RE truly good, you WILL be on it, if you're the one complaining about not being on the PR, then you damn well don't deserve to be on it cuz you probably suck..... Unless you're 9 or 10, those are always unpredictable.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yeah, while your idea works Danny, I feel the NLL in September will help with making a new PR, hell Danny, you might even get put on it if you do well at it, doesn't hurt to wait a month.

Also to agree with GDX's post, I never agree with PR's, there will always be opposition to at least one player per PR, but I think it's fun to at least write up your own, and for what reasons, or to at least clarify what YOU think of the PR and what you feel it should be. I never hate on PR's, I mean ****, if YOU'RE truly good, you WILL be on it, if you're the one complaining about not being on the PR, then you damn well don't deserve to be on it cuz you probably suck..... Unless you're 9 or 10, those are always unpredictable.
well, the PRs are more of a snapshot of current achievements rather than actual skill levels. People tend to forget that sometimes, which is how alot of these PR spot arguments come up every season.

playing FGC games have taught me the ways...people just know whos good and no one cares what number you are except the number beside your placing in the tourney

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I enjoy having a PR because its a snapshot 4 ppl who are new 2 FL or new 2 smash 2 see. Ill never 4get my 1st OOC tourney I ended up losing 2 Equi... 2 my shock I ended up losing 2 #7 in the state @ a 100 man tourney. It was interestin 2 get into this vast new world.

:sonic:

:phone:

Noa.

Smash Master
I've always liked the idea of a PR. It's just gives people to strive towards and players to look up too. Obviously the motivation to get better and place better should be stronger, but the pr is kind of a bonus. Plus there's nothing wrong with congratulating players for doing too well. Just don't get butthirt of it's not perfect cause it's not that big a deal.

:phone:

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I only suggested that the NLL be the first tournament because we've already had various tournaments following a PR that isn't even entirely accurate and people were talking about how they wanted to immediately change it. We have enough tournaments/records to back it up already so adding an even bigger tournament with more upsets will probably alter some results a bit. I think it'd be better suited as a first.

In the end I wouldn't really care though since NLL is gonna be hype as **** regardless.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I only suggested that the NLL be the first tournament because we've already had various tournaments following a PR that isn't even entirely accurate and people were talking about how they wanted to immediately change it. We have enough tournaments/records to back it up already so adding an even bigger tournament with more upsets will probably alter some results a bit. I think it'd be better suited as a first.

In the end I wouldn't really care though since NLL is gonna be hype as **** regardless.
Hmmm ya i can see your point. And i actually agree. Looking back i forgot quite a few tournaments. We've had a bunch of interregion tourneys.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Yeah a pr for every 200 mile stretch of FL sounds great lets do it.

I also vote for the no pr idea. Whatever happens i just dont want one pr, at the very least 2, OR 0.

No Kyon not purto ricans silly

DTORR:
This is the FL PR thread i'd really appreciate it if you'd take Persona talk out of here thanks man im just saying cuz i will report you.
(btw i just reported you)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Nah... NFL only has RYO, Puma & Chess

CFL and SFL have so many great players

might as well keep it the same...

A NFL PR Thread wud b like the speCial olympiCs 4 FL

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I'm jus bein real... only ppl in NFL to beat ANYONE worth mentioning outside of NFL are RYO and Chess

MAYBE PUMA

We got heart in NFL but we need to praCtiCe and play more

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Chess: RedHalberd & RYO

Puma: IDK I jus remember him beatin Xaltis I gotta look baCK to see who he has beaten

o! & SaintKai from PCola WAS ranked in AL @ 3rd/4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom