• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Obama Vs Mccain Results

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
John McCain camped alot in this tourney, but Obama had better mindgames.
Anyone know who won teams? I heard Palin suicided 3 times.

Zori

Smash Champion
I herd palin went back Alaska to being a hockey mom with her kids popo and nana.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
What unfortunate results. Never before has a more deserving, experienced, and genuine man been denied the presidency.

bobson

Smash Lord
Pfft, Obama just got lucky. If that economic crisis hadn't spawned next to McCain in the second match he would've won.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Obama deserved this win even though i'm sad McCain lost

and LOLOL at this being in tourney results

as for teams..i heard Palin tippered McCain 3 times FTL

kirbstir

Smash Lord
What unfortunate results. Never before has a more deserving, experienced, and genuine man been denied the presidency.
Maybe McCain from the year 2000. This McCain was a completely erratic shell of his former self.

His claims that the campaign wouldn't have gone so negative if they had done town-hall meetings is ridiculous, and anybody who took that seriously has a big problem with naivety.

His suspension of his campaign to "handle the economic crisis" was a cheap ploy to look more presidential, but in actuality just inserted campaigning politics into the discussions, and he offered no solutions himself on the matter. And his whining about Obama being sexist with the "lipstick on a pig" remark, when he himself had used that line plenty of times before, was unacceptable.

His attacking the ruling on Guantanamo detainees deserving fair trials lost all respect I had for him as a POW.

The straw breaker was when he chose Palin, who represented everything he stood against in 2000, as a running mate. She was clearly divisive, intolerant, and proudly ignorant, and yet he chose her in hopes of drawing up support from disillusioned Hillary supporters.

Hopefully the man he used to be returns, because I would've proudly voted for that guy.

EDIT - As a libertarian, this is the saddest picture I'll see all day =(

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hopefully the man he used to be returns, because I would've proudly voted for that guy.

EDIT - As a libertarian, this is the saddest picture I'll see all day =(

Ron Paul for president! Much better choice than either of the two main candidates. Maybe next time.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
McCain tried to tornado spam Obama, but Obama's DI is too good.

rhan

Smash Hero
Mc Cain doesn't know how to wavedash! And Palin doesn't know how to L-Cancel! That's why they failed as a team! :o

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Does it matter? He's more well known and has much more support than the "official" Libertarian Party candidate, Bob Barr.

But yes, he wasn't on the ballot and even if he got over 50% of the popular vote he wouldn't become president. That won't stop me from voting for him again though. I refuse to choose between the lesser of two evils.

Fonz

Smash Ace
I don't get the libertarian hang up about states rights. What is wrong with giving the government a little power to make country wide laws that clearly should be upheld? If we had always gone with Ron Paul's push for "state's rights" slavery would still be legal in the south. Why should states get to decide which civil liberties they can withhold from their residents?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Are we really having this debate here?

According to the Constitution (remember that thing?), the federal government doesn't have the right to legislate on civil rights anyway. Anything that's in the Bill of Rights, freedom of speech, religion, right to privacy, etc., the government can't constitutionally make laws about. The two major parties don't give a **** though.

If you think about it, slavery was unconstitutional from the get-go. They are people and they have all the same rights as everyone else. It's a shame it took a constitutional amendment to end slavery when the Constitution should have done that in itself.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Nah, legally they were property, the had that amendment basically to say that they are indeed humans and have rights.

They actually weren't considered humans back then so you could work them just as hard as you can work a horse.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Wow, Donkey Kong ***** McCain just like Obama did, nice match-up, which I could have been in it. ^_^.

Fonz

Smash Ace
Are we really having this debate here?

According to the Constitution (remember that thing?), the federal government doesn't have the right to legislate on civil rights anyway. Anything that's in the Bill of Rights, freedom of speech, religion, right to privacy, etc., the government can't constitutionally make laws about. The two major parties don't give a **** though.

If you think about it, slavery was unconstitutional from the get-go. They are people and they have all the same rights as everyone else. It's a shame it took a constitutional amendment to end slavery when the Constitution should have done that in itself.
Sounds cliche but the constitution isn't a suicide pact. And I'm not talking about limiting freedom of speech/religion/privacy. I don't think making it legal for gay couples to marry limits any else's freedom, yet Paul believes they should not receive this right unless a state decides they should. If there is something in the constitution that would make you believe that this law shouldn't be allowed, it doesn't tell you something is wrong with the law, it tells you something is wrong with the constitution.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
There are Libertarians here? I hope you voted for McCain, because his policies are far closer to what you'd like than Obama's. >_>;

Top Bottom