• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Obama Vs Mccain Results

kirbstir

Smash Lord
There are Libertarians here? I hope you voted for McCain, because his policies are far closer to what you'd like than Obama's. >_>;
His aggressive foreign policy and inability to speak about the economy at all would drive any libertarian away from McCain. Add his selection of Palin and you have someone no libertarian would ever vote for.

Even so, on the economy both basically had the same policies about the bail-out (which I was against). Where they differed is McCain's acceptance of the trickle-down theory, one that I am vehemently against, and has been shown time and time again not to work on a national level.

I am not a hardcore libertarian, because I feel that some regulation on the economy is needed, and pure capitalism does not work. Because of this, and the fact that I am socially liberal, Obama's policies more closely match mine than McCain's policies do by far.

D

Deleted member

His aggressive foreign policy and inability to speak about the economy at all would drive any libertarian away from McCain. Add his selection of Palin and you have someone no libertarian would ever vote for.

Even so, on the economy both basically had the same policies about the bail-out (which I was against). Where they differed is McCain's acceptance of the trickle-down theory, one that I am vehemently against, and has been shown time and time again not to work on a national level.

I am not a hardcore libertarian, because I feel that some regulation on the economy is needed, and pure capitalism does not work. Because of this, and the fact that I am socially liberal, Obama's policies more closely match mine than McCain's policies do by far.
this applies to me as well, word for word.

on a separate note, trickle-down economics has historically NEVER WORKED ONCE. EVER.

Supporting any advocate of trickle-down economics is betting on someone 100% guaranteed to lose.

edit:

Does it matter? He's more well known and has much more support than the "official" Libertarian Party candidate, Bob Barr.
If you were going for support on a relative level, you wouldn't be supporting the libertarians anyway.

Just throwing that out there.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'm not a libertarian, I'm a republican, but Ron Paul was the best choice of candidate for president in this election.

Forget what he believes, even if you don't like it, he stands up for it and doesn't back down, which is more than i can say for any president since Ronald Reagan.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Both of them being in favor of the bailout just showed me that they have no grasp on how the economy works, and would rather just bail out their buddies on Wall Street (especially Obama who received truckloads of campaign contributions from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, two of the banks which deserve a large portion of the blame for the whole subprime mortgage thing). Once they both voted for the bailout, I decided I couldn't vote for either one in November.

They're both pro-war too, which doesn't help.

Both major parties are basically the same. I give up on this country.

Fonz

Smash Ace
LBJ should have never privatized Freddie/Fannie. The bailout was done horribly, but despite wallstreet's incompetence letting all of the investment banks collapse is also not an option. If you're saying Obama had more ties to Freddie/Fannie you're just ignoring the facts. Just one example, McCain's campaign manager was actually on Freddie/Fannie's payroll. What was his job? To personally receive 15,000 dollars a month through his company in order to do nothing besides give them access to McCain.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm not gonna be offended if you attack McCain, he was never my candidate :laugh:

And Obama definitely has more ties to Wall Street in general. Look at his first cabinet appointment! Hardcore Wall Street insider, and one of the biggest proponents of the bailout. What a ****ing joke.

The only reason I voted my district's representative back in is because he had the balls to vote against the bailout.

Fonz

Smash Ace
Pfft, Rahm Emanuel was a good pick. He worked for Freddie for one year, 7 years ago. He worked in banking for 3 years and in congress for the last 6. He wasn't selected for his banking history. He was selected for helping to engineer the massive democratic gains in the last 2 elections and being good at getting things done (dead fish in the mail?)

Running for political office takes money. That's why you see lots of lawyers, bankers, company executes and some doctors. It'd be nice if that wasn't the case, but that's just how it works.

Plus Barack means lightning in Hebrew and Rahm means thunder in hebrew. Thunder + Lightning? How could he pass that up! ;)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah he definitely needs help with fundraising, what with him only spending the most on his campaign of any politician ever in the history of the world, combined with having the mainstream media promote him for free. I guess it costs about half a billion dollars nowadays to become the most powerful man on the planet.

That thunder and lightning thing is kinda cool though.

Fonz

Smash Ace
Rahm's expertise wasn't in fund raising. He knows everybody and will be good at twisting arms to help Obama get his agenda accomplished. If you don't agree with his agenda than Rahm might be a particularly worrying pick ;)

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
I heard that they were going to play melee to decide this at first but in a set of friendlies Obama 3 stocked McCain too many times so he started Johning about not playing brawl so he could play DDD.

I also heard M2k showed Obama how to play Marth.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
I'm not a libertarian, I'm a republican, but Ron Paul was the best choice of candidate for president in this election.

Forget what he believes, even if you don't like it, he stands up for it and doesn't back down, which is more than i can say for any president since Ronald Reagan.
Isn't that the opposite of what a president is supposed to do? Aren't they supposed to reflect what the people want, not what he wants? :/

Deez.

Smash Lord
Wow... I think people who pick McCain are funny... and I don't mean that in any disrespect its just funny how you think he woulda made a better president than Obama... he had about how many years left to live? 2 at most... and him having more experience is true but what has he done with the experience... **** UP just like Bush did... so like I said i think ppl who voted for McCain are funny. and again with all do respect :p

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
That be some fine ignorance you're showing there boy.

Dont pick me out as a Mccain supporter btw, I dislike both, but that's just stupid reasoning.

And silly noobs, Obama mains Azen.

Top Bottom