• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYTE SW Regional REGISTER!! Axe B-Day, M2K, STAB, Twins!- IMPULSE Circuit

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I'm a Brawl player? News to me. BTW poor trolling

:phone:
You're actually a BlazBlue player, which is even WORSE than being a Brawl player ahahaha.

But before that yes you were a Brawl player that nobody in your own crew even liked. And you were horrible at the game.

$20 says you're ****ty at BB as well and that if you played any of the fighting game regulars around town they'd **** you up and they don't even play that game.

Anyways, complaints....I'd like to hear about them in detail. Wish s2j didn't edit his post because I wanted to see what he said. I didn't have the experience of how the bracket and matches themselves went since I didn't enter but I'd like to read and see what people have to say because it's interesting no matter what.

Bing

Smash Master
Elvis keep hosting, **** happens, learn from your mistakes, acknowledge these mistakes and move on.

Honestly I'm sure this man wanted more from this event, and it didn't go well, doesnt mean tear him a new *******

FoxFireMage

Smash Apprentice
Skipped my post eh? The truth must hurt.
It wasn't worth my time, but if you want a reply, hey I'm a nice guy.

How is Blaz worse? At least its an actual fighting game, unlike this children's party game you people put on a pedestal. Plus, I don't play it competitively, as I have much more important things to do than practice for hours each week, like work, and producing 4 plays. I enjoy the story of Blaz and watching good matches, about it really. Lastly, I had no "crew" when I used to peruse this game. I had someone I hung out with at the time, and hanging out with him as the only reason I even touched a GC controller for this game, we no longer speak so I don't bother. My skill at this game is irrelevant because A I don't even own a Wii, B I never practiced, and more importantly C I couldn't care less.

Now, my original post a page ago, was directed at everyone whining about NYTE, because Elvis took his time to give something to this ungrateful community. And a lot of people are now whining about it. When 1st off they should be thankful that he wanted to host this tourney, and 2nd there's more important things in life. But well Ruby (who I've never met, don't even know who he is) decided to up and be rude and confrontational, and then you did the same. So you got your post noticed. Happy?

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Well elvis im sorry that you had to baby sit a grown man number one.

Number two, M2K never planned anything with PHX players at all so please don't blame us for his mistakes. When you plan on attending a tourney, you will make plans to know that you will have a place to stay and get around the state that you are not use to being in.

Besides that great tourney, sorry to hear that your not hosting anymore. Gl to you and your wife.
This.

10This-es.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
How is Blaz worse? At least its an actual fighting game, unlike this children's party game you people put on a pedestal.
What does this have to do with anything? A game is as competitive as the community makes it. If a community deems a game is competitive, then that's what it's treated as. Pokemon is way more fluffy than Smash, yet there's national tournaments every year for it. Alternatively, you've got a "real fighting game" like Virtua Fighter, which has a tiny community in comparison to almost any other fighting game community. Just because you think you're childish for playing smash doesn't mean you actually are. Heck, you might as well go so far as to say that playing any video game competitively is childish or whatever. But yeah, you should just keep your opinions to yourself. It'll make you sound a lot less obnoxious.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
This is an entertaining argument to watch.

Edit: And while I'm at it, I'd like to say: LOL at FoxFireMage's idea that Blazblue requires "hours of practice a week"

Edit edit: LOOOOL @ people who play Blazblue for the story

Sorry, mostly I just feel like being a jerk to FoxFireMage because he's being a jerk to everybody else.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Whatever. I'll post results soon. I have to get M2K to the airport later this evening, no thanks to some selfish people from PHX.
This is very upsetting to read Nyte. Not a single smasher from Phoenix, ESPECIALLY the one I know you are referring to, held any responsibility towards m2k. He is old enough to know when to take care of his own ****. I know people who are autistic and others who have aspergers, and they take care of their stuff and get things arranged ahead of time. It was no ones fault but his. No one was selfish. Simple as that. So you may wish to apologize because now some AZ smashers are pretty damn upset.

ShellShocked

Smash Rookie
I loved the tourney, and thank you for it Elvis, it was much more of a blast than I had expected it to be. I thought the tournament was run just fine, tbh, I think the socal players are just butthurt over not being able to smash on more local Tucson boys and take their money, i'm not smack talking against socal at all however, I met some amazing people at the tourney that came from socal, (STAB, Morino, Vincent, Baka, 666bros) I just think that they weren't expecting the tourney to be as loaded with talent, but with not a lot of people. IMO, tourney ran fine, socal, sorry we couldn't make it worth your time and money, but Elvis can't force local players to come to his tournament, the man tried his best and I respect him wholeheartedly for that. Also, Ruby, sorry, but people have school and work,M2K just made plenty of money at the tourney, give your region some slack.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I didn't expect it because it's never happened before; no one has ever done that to me (there were like 20 people who just walked away when I ask for housing for one day). I understand that I should not have relied on others but that situation has never happened so I did not think to expect it. I am not trying to justify it I am just explaining my mindset; it has not happened in past 100 times why would it happen now. I know better now though. Next time I will just get guaranteed housing in the future since apparently only vectorman wanted to help me. I thought there was going to be around 80 people here and I would have a ride back, I didn't expect all remaining people to just leave like that.

Another thing, a LARGE amount of you arizona smashers were being pretty disrespectful during my matches. There is a difference with talking **** for hype and just being downright rude and disrespectful. Both at Apex vs ocean and my experience here (specifically during my later matches vs axe and s2j and in WF and GF in ssb64) there were several people just being plain downright disrespectful. I am very used to it by now but it does make the experience unenjoyable and makes me not want to return, which I probably won't. A lot of you guys from AZ were really cool, and a lot of you were just being pretty rude. You all know who you were. Thanks for hosting Nyte, I can understand why this would be your last tournament you host.

D

Deleted member

same i was shocked by how much **** talk happened against jason, like personal attack stuff lol really ****ed up

Mew2King

King of the Mews
And if you win 4 out of 5 events on a plane ticket paid by someone else, why can't you afford a night a Motel 6 34.99?
it wasn't. My ticket was 347, and after travel expenses from home to the airport, and back there, it's way past 400, and around 450 after all the entry fees (maybe more idk I'm just guesstimating but it's pretty close to that). I got 200 dollars that either vectorman or nyte said they will pay me (I did not get yet but one of those two nice guys said they would send me), but atm from tourney winnings alone, I pretty much broke even for winning 4/5 events. I know this part is my fault but i split melee singles/doubles when they asked cuz I don't like saying no to people cuz I like to help others out (it has been my downfall for years but that's how I am and I probably won't change it). Money wise I currently am pretty much around 0 atm though, until I get the 200 back.

I don't take a motel because I never had to, and it's BORING. Why pay to sleep alone when I could house for free WITH SOMEBODY while PLAYING VIDEO GAMES AS WELL? That doesn't seem good to take the motel with that comparison.

The situation has never happened to me before, so why would I expect it to suddenly happen now? As I said, it is my fault for just assuming people would help but it should also be understandable that I am basing it off the last 100 times that process being okay. I know better now though.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I know that the car I was scooted along in was full to the point where we were already uncomfortable. Our housing situation had two people on a bed and 3 people on the floor surrounding it in the little remaining space as well as the other people Kyle was willing to house in his room across the hall (I think Mike and Tommy). We were packed, both in housing and travel.
"There is a difference with talking **** for hype and just being downright rude and disrespectful."
"i was shocked by how much **** talk happened against jason, like personal attack stuff"
I didn't watch any of the Brawl or 64 stuff, but I was in the crowd for the most of the Melee stuff on the big screen for day 2. Maybe I'm baised from being in AZ and hearing us **** talk each other, but, for ****'s sake, after every game where **** talk went down there was clapping and congratulations from EVERYONE afterwards. When Baka won against Light, did people boo? When Axe and Wobbles lost, did the crowd kick you out? No. We talk a bunch of crap to pep up our players because we're giant, insecure *******s that need our friends to come and talk crap so that we feel better about ourselves. At least, that's how it appears to play out in front of me. The second the words "GAME" appears on the screen and the inevitable shouts of OH-S HI T die down, people will cheer for the victor. They have respect, it's just not the respect you think it is/want it to be.

tl;dr
**** talk don't always mean we think you're ****.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Just take this as a life lesson. Kind understand where you're coming from, Noam to us it just seemed like you were being irresponsible, but it's nice to see the situation from your standpoint.

I would have loved to house you/etc, but with my current living situation, it wasn't possible.

Cori: you weren't there for it, or perceptive enough, but new Mexico, and a few Arizona players were very blatantly attacking Jason on a personal level, and that didn't sit right for me.

@the Denny's crowd: this is why I left early. I was disgusted at the conversation that was going on, and just had to get out of there.

Jane

Smash Hero
I think there is a certain amount of trash talk that is acceptable, but during M2K's sets that line was crossed by a large margin. Some of the things being shouted were pretty ****ed up and its not right to treat anyone like that, let alone the smasher WE brought here for OUR benefit.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i agree entirely that the ****-talk during grand finals was absolutely out-of-line. yeah, some level of ****-talk or hype is acceptable, even healthy, but the way people were acting during THAT SPECIFIC SET was atrocious.

i really wanted johnny to win, and i wanted to cheer harder for johnny during that set, but i didn't want to be associated with the crowd at all during that set.

Another thing, a LARGE amount of you arizona smashers were being pretty disrespectful during my matches. There is a difference with talking **** for hype and just being downright rude and disrespectful. Both at Apex vs ocean and my experience here (specifically during my later matches vs axe and s2j and in WF and GF in ssb64) there were several people just being plain downright disrespectful. I am very used to it by now but it does make the experience unenjoyable and makes me not want to return, which I probably won't. A lot of you guys from AZ were really cool, and a lot of you were just being pretty rude. You all know who you were. Thanks for hosting Nyte, I can understand why this would be your last tournament you host.
i'm all for hype and respectful trash talk for big matches, but i really don't remember arizona specifically being that bad to you during grand finals. i think it was mostly the other people there.

if i remember correctly, it was mostly new mexico and socal cheering against you, but it probably seemed like arizona was saying it because it was an arizona tournament and you didn't know most of the people that were talking trash.

i'm not saying that nobody from arizona was involved (i don't remember that clearly), but i do think that arizona is not as much to blame as you would think for the messed up things that were being said during grand finals.

in particular, i remember stab (socal) and neil (new mexico) being largely involved

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Neil had been attacking m2k, And Avenger personally since Friday, and continued as far as I know until he left Sunday. I couldn't stick around for that.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
it wasn't. My ticket was 347, and after travel expenses from home to the airport, and back there, it's way past 400, and around 450 after all the entry fees (maybe more idk I'm just guesstimating but it's pretty close to that). I got 200 dollars that either vectorman or nyte said they will pay me (I did not get yet but one of those two nice guys said they would send me), but atm from tourney winnings alone, I pretty much broke even for winning 4/5 events. I know this part is my fault but i split melee singles/doubles when they asked cuz I don't like saying no to people cuz I like to help others out (it has been my downfall for years but that's how I am and I probably won't change it). Money wise I currently am pretty much around 0 atm though, until I get the 200 back.

I don't take a motel because I never had to, and it's BORING. Why pay to sleep alone when I could house for free WITH SOMEBODY while PLAYING VIDEO GAMES AS WELL? That doesn't seem good to take the motel with that comparison.

The situation has never happened to me before, so why would I expect it to suddenly happen now? As I said, it is my fault for just assuming people would help but it should also be understandable that I am basing it off the last 100 times that process being okay. I know better now though.
I was under the impression that Elvis had paid for you to come out here. My bad.

Btw, your welcome for giving you a floor sleep on and blanket to sleep with for 2 nights, even if you're not going to thank me.

Edit: Sorry to be a jerk and expect a thank you, but yeah. New Mexico thanked me a good 5 or 6 times each.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
I was under the impression that Elvis had paid for you to come out here. My bad.

Btw, your welcome for giving you a floor sleep on and blanket to sleep with for 2 nights, even if you're not going to thank me.

Edit: Sorry to be a jerk and expect a thank you, but yeah. New Mexico thanked me a good 5 or 6 times each.
ok thank you. I usually am pretty anti-social and don't really talk or say thanks for things I am used to due to it being or not being a habit, but that does not mean I am bad -_-

Also @ Tai, I don't know who it was, but it was a bunch of people and they were all being very rude. I don't know who is from where for the most part since I do not know most people very well or at all.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Debating on my long *** post I'll be putting about how ****ty everything was...

Then again I'd like my things to be read... so who knows what i'll put or what i'll do

Most likely not.. honestly.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Yeah, I should definitely apologize. Mew2king I went kinda of over the line when I was **** talking you during GF (and 64 winners finals). I was really hyped up for socal, and had heard nothing but negative stories about you the entire car trip up. That + the whole controller thing before GF made me a bit remorse-less when it came to ****-talking. Anyway, I'm sorry, I definitely should have kept it to a minimum or probably not said anything at all because I know that I don't like it when it happens to me (though obviously on a much smaller scale since you get farther in tourney).

Hope I didn't offend anyone irreparably.

D

Deleted member

also

why is the prize pool 660 when there are 35 entrants that should be a minimum of 700

DarkMarth

Smash Rookie
Another +1 for Vman to post his thoughts.

And it's really stupid how the community treats some of its best players like M2K. It **** like this that makes guys like Mango not want to play.

Top Bottom