• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYTE SW Regional REGISTER!! Axe B-Day, M2K, STAB, Twins!- IMPULSE Circuit

MetaRik1

Smash Rookie
I really wanted to go to this ancient was told to talk to Elvis for an alternate way too waive. The fee but I never got the chanceXD

:phone:

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I can give some significant pools updates...

Silly Kyle 2-0ed Westballz. West went Falcon.
Tai 2-1ed S2J. Good set.
S2J 2-1ed Forward. First game Forward kinda pooped on him then Games 2 and 3 were really close with S2J winning.
Wobbles 2-0ed Westballz. West went Falco gm1 and Falcon gm2.

Those were the most "hype" sets I guess to say. Most other major stuff wasn't streamed. GG7 vs M2K was 2-0 M2K's win iirc. Gm1 M2K won on FD Sheik vs Falcon with like 76%. Gm2 he won as Falco iirc.

Pool 1 results(just the ones who made it out/got top 4)
1. Wobbles
2. Silly Kyle(I'm guessing this)
3. WestBallz
4. ???(Idk this one, maybe Nicknyte?)

Pool 2
1. M2K
2. GG7
3. baka4moe
4. Rubyiris

Pool 3
1. Axe
2. Light
3. Jetfour
4. Stab

Pool 4
1. S2J
2. Forward
3. Tai
4. OkamiBW?

Aber

Smash Journeyman
I can give some significant pools updates...

Silly Kyle 2-0ed Westballz. West went Falcon.
Tai 2-1ed S2J. Good set.
S2J 2-1ed Forward. First game Forward kinda pooped on him then Games 2 and 3 were really close with S2J winning.
Wobbles 2-0ed Westballz. West went Falco gm1 and Falcon gm2.

Those were the most "hype" sets I guess to say. Most other major stuff wasn't streamed. GG7 vs M2K was 2-0 M2K's win iirc. Gm1 M2K won on FD Sheik vs Falcon with like 76%. Gm2 he won as Falco iirc.

Pool 1 results(just the ones who made it out/got top 4)
1. Wobbles
2. Silly Kyle(I'm guessing this)
3. WestBallz
4. ???(Idk this one, maybe Nicknyte?)

Pool 2
1. M2K
2. GG7
3. baka4moe
4. Rubyiris

Pool 3
1. Axe
2. Light
3. Jetfour
4. Stab

Pool 4
1. S2J
2. Forward
3. Tai
4. OkamiBW?
thanks dont stop

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
There aren't a whole lot of entrants, which means every pool was a death pool haha.

Doubles was especially stacked.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
post brackets

seems like no one is running this tournament
Most of running the tournament occurs at the venue, not on smashboards. It's definitely more important for the tourney to run smoothly than for people who aren't attending to have updates.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Worst stream quality I've seen for an Impulse event. Looks like it's being recorded with a slightly older generation smart phone. Stream lacks activity between matches, players aren't taking it seriously and are wasting time, and no commentary(which isn't always a bad thing, in this case it is.)

Disappointed in the lack of tech preparedness and organization. I'm not there so I can't say much, but this is just my opinion. I understand it is harsh and without full knowledge of what is happening at the event, but from a spectator standpoint this is ridiculous.

Go Axe and S2J <3

Screenshot of stream:

Saffy

Smash Ace
Worst stream quality I've seen for an Impulse event. Looks like it's being recorded with a slightly older generation smart phone. Stream lacks activity between matches, players aren't taking it seriously and are wasting time, and no commentary(which isn't always a bad thing, in this case it is.)

Disappointed in the lack of tech preparedness and organization. I'm not there so I can't say much, but this is just my opinion. I understand it is harsh and without full knowledge of what is happening at the event, but from a spectator standpoint this is ridiculous.
This ^. I was expecting much more overall as far as it goes for spectators at home. The brawl stream was really bad, 1 frame per second... You shouldn't promise stream if it isn't quality tbh. I'm sure all your brawl viewers watched VENGEANCE instead as that is what I did.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
This needs to be addressed. An event of this size and player skill should have a decent stream. These tournaments and live-streams are what's getting people into melee and expanding the competitive franchise.

HYPE, good commentary, good stream quality, and organization really make tournaments things to remember.

Whoever wants to check out 99 stock Fox dittos head on over to NYTE SW Regional main stream @ http://www.ustream.tv/channel/meleelivestream = D

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
ya'll are some needy mother ****ers

at least don't assume the whole tournament was run poorly just because the stream was bad

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Most of running the tournament occurs at the venue, not on smashboards. It's definitely more important for the tourney to run smoothly than for people who aren't attending to have updates.
youd have a point if u were running the tournament and it was well-run

but it wasn't

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I guess I don't need to quote Johnny's thoughts of the tourney no more lol.

But, the most important thing we must take away from this experience WILL BE. That this is not a "AZ can't host events" or "EC events are better." We must take as much feedback into account as possible to make future events more organized and structured.

Where were NYTE's weak points? strong points?

Things to look at for next tourney:

- testing internet connection prior to event (stream quality was disgusting)
- recruit known commentators? (definitely adds to the stream experience, although tough to provide)
- Draft a schedule, discuss a schedule, approve a schedule, ENFORCE THE DAMN SCHEDULE

Feel free to add suggestions

Morin0

Smash Lord
^ IDK but I won 64, looool.

Edit: Good tourney; I had fun. I lost all my Melee pools matches but I had fun nonetheless. Big ups for having plenty of setups to play friendlies. Crazy matches went down. Johnny/s2j is too freaking good with Falcon.

That is all. :)

Edit2: smash 64 top 4 results (off of the top of my head):

1. Morino
2. M2K
3. B-Rex
4. TheColtMaster
(5th place might be Westballz or s2j)

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Melee Results

1. M2K
2. s2j
3. Wobbles
4. Axe
5. OkamiBW
5. GamerGuitarist7
7. Light
7. Tai
9. Baka4moe
9. WestBallz
9. Silly Kyle
9. Sung
13. J666(he took Forward's spot in the bracket because he had to forfeit)
13. Jetfour
13. Rubyiris
13. Stab

Brawl off the top of my head

1. M2K
2. MikeHaze
3. Dekar
4. Silly Kyle

Top Bottom