• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ny smasher wants to come to austrila :D

Allied

Smash Master
Hey whats up i'm allied from 100% juice i would like to travel out of country and austrila seems mad legit place to go to for some fun

could someone post up some information on what goes on there

smashfests
tournaments
etc

hopfully someday soon i would like to head on there i just would like some info thanks ;]

MTGod

Smash Champion
Well, it all depends on where you want to be in Australia :p I can only give you info on the Perth scene as I personally haven't been over East, so hopefully an Easterner can shed light on their scenes for you :p

For the Perth scene (West coast of Aus), our average tournament turn out is about 20, and we have a few decent quality players as you will see by SQUAT and Rocky results, two recent Aus national tournaments... We do hold a few smashfests as well, not sure how they compare with the frequency of Eastern smashfests, but to guess it's probably one every 2-3 weeks approximately (same goes for tournaments)... As for the people, I'd like to say we have a fairly diverse community personality-wise :D Most of us are friendly :p

AFAIK there's plans for a few major Aus tournaments (nationals) later on this year... I know Perth's looking at having one in early 2011 as well, which we are trying to make as big as humanly possible, so do keep that in mind :D

Whichever you choose, Australia's awesome, you'll love it ^^

Nova

Banned via Warnings
If you're into Melee - QLD/VIC/NSW
If you're into Brawl - NSW/VIC

This is not to disrespect the other states (seriously if any of you took offense to that in WA, SA, or QLD, go smash yourself with a baseball bat), but Victoria and New South Wales generally are larger so Melbourne and Sydney (the respective capitals) are generally the highest attendance.

That being said, at our last national, the winner of Brawl came from Western Australia. Winner of Melee came from QLD. You need heaps of information to go on here depending on your preferences and other stuff (like not just Smash, but places you want to see). The next national is in Melbourne called Robocop, the event before that held last year (called Rocky) was awesome to attend so that also might be worth looking into.

I'm tired and spewing out random info. Muh.

Allied

Smash Master
na son i play both i would definitally like to check it out definitally get a non stop smashfest going LOL not this every 2-3 weeks stuff ;]

i'll most likey end up coming down for a national or something i'll try to keep myself updated here i definitally would love visiting the aussies ;] +++ i heard mad hot chicks are there so YOU KNOW I'M DOWN SON!!!

btw come down to apex 2010 :D if anyone needs housing or having trouble with that I GOT YOU!

_X_

Smash Lord
na son i play both i would definitally like to check it out definitally get a non stop smashfest going LOL not this every 2-3 weeks stuff ;]

i'll most likey end up coming down for a national or something i'll try to keep myself updated here i definitally would love visiting the aussies ;] +++ i heard mad hot chicks are there so YOU KNOW I'M DOWN SON!!!

btw come down to apex 2010 :D if anyone needs housing or having trouble with that I GOT YOU!
Come to Melbourne bro, we have the keen hook-up. We'll get you whatever you need, hookers, money ... hookers, smash bros, what ever you need.

We also boast the might Cao who is amazing Melee guy.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
NSW is the best, great scenes for both games, near-half-weekly meets, tournaments usually at least every month, highest concentration of good players in the country (for Brawl anyway, not sure about Melee but we have some **** Melee players too), etc.

Be sure to stop by sometime. :)

Also a bunch of us are planning to go over to America again this year, which will probably include Apex 2. **** will be good times.

tibs7

Smash Champion
with this madt ho chiks thing, adelaide (SA) are the best for that, but that place cant really entertain you soo dw bout that. But Victoria, we have madt hot chiks to and things to entertain you for a very very long time.
Pretty sure Victoria has 3 tournies per month, so if you really want smash and some real quality players you come to us ;)

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Melbourne has Tibz, you can go raving with him and **** =D

Plus were pretty good at those smash bros games, also we have the next Major tourney

Sirias

Smash Champion
If you're gonna come to Aus...
Why the f*** would you come for Smash...?
Lol.
Jk.
... No not really.

Brisbane is fail for everything, except lazing about in the sun and doing crud all. c:
TANNING TIME~

Allied

Smash Master
Thanks everyone is mad nice ;D hopfully sometime later this year i'll be heading down for a trip ;DDD by the way i hope everyone in aus comes down to NJ for APEX 2010 i'll be there and if you need a place to stay or whatever PM me i'll help you out or post in the apex thread

its also my birthady on august 8th so i really! hope everyone goes hahah

If you're gonna come to Aus...
Why the f*** would you come for Smash...?
Lol.
Jk.
... No not really.

Brisbane is fail for everything, except lazing about in the sun and doing crud all. c:
TANNING TIME~

Haha it would be more a side thing, since i usually travel for smash anyway i really wanna come to check out aus sometime i've always heard really good things ! :]

Sieg

Smash Champion
Don't listen to that kid, he hates everything.

Yeah, Aus is pretty nice. It's a good place for a holiday.

You'll have fun pretty much anywhere you go. Except maybe Darwin. lol.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Darwin is awesome. Hot, humid, stormy and has the chance of getting the odd Cyclone/Hurricane.

Oh wait I'm the only one that gives a **** about that. :(

Sydney > Brisbane > Canberra > Perth > Darwin > Melbourne > Hobart >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adelaide.

This isn't in terms of Smash level though 'cause Melbourne would be 1st or 2nd. I just don't like it there. Larger version of Adelaide ftl.

Zero

Smash Hero
Go to Melbourne if you like cold, dreary, depressing weather.

Go to Queensland if you like good weather.

Go to Sydney if you're awesome.

:)

and bring snakeee along

Pete278

Smash Lord

and bring snakeee along
Hey, in that third last line, you misspelt Perth. I don't know how you typoed it as 'Sydney', but you did somehow. Ah, such silly mistakes on smashboards.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne IMO. Make your way down the East Coast and end up in Melbourne for the grand finale, Robocop! Wooo!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I like it how everyone's making weather comparisons about Australia when there is nowhere in Australia that offers an ideal climate, like a year-long dry Southern California/Mediterranian one, which he could get back in the states.

Anyway, I would recommend the entire east coast of Australia as well, as it's the main tourist trail, covers the majority of Australia where people live, and there are strong differences between the major cities. They all have different strengths, so if you don't like one you'll like the other. Or you can probably like them all.

Sydney is the preferred international gateway to Australia, Melbourne is the preferred alternative to Sydney, and the rest of the cities are more stereotypically Aussie.

In blatant american terms:

Sydney is like a prettier Los Angeles
Melbourne is like a flat and hipster San Francisco
Gold Coast is like a wannabe Miami/Orlando happy land
Cairns has tropical **** like Hawaii
Adelaide is like the midwest (everybody avoids it or flies over it)
and Perth is like Alaska, since it's that much further from everything else.

You can get wallabies and hot chicks everywhere.

Yours sincerely,
a superior traveler to anyone else on SWF. ~

Nova

Banned via Warnings

Yours sincerely,
:( I've been to the US like 12 times (Puerto Rico is technically a territory, so I'm counting 80% of my trips there).

It's valid.
In my own mind anyway.

Also, lol @ the Adelaide comparison. Soooooooooooooooo true. Adelaide is the city of corpses. Serial killing capital of Australia. You will DIE if you come here.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
****it Cao, I'll superior traveller you...!

Nah lol it's so true.

Anyway, I will readily admit Melbourne is definitely the most interesting and vibrant city I've been to in Australia, in terms of culture.

But in terms of smash - Sydney all the way, baby!

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne IMO. Make your way down the East Coast and end up in Melbourne for the grand finale, Robocop! Wooo!

That and what Cao said are the good advice. :)
I also recomend Tassie (NOT for Smash though, for holiday etc)

If you come to QLD I can most probably house ya and even drive ya ****.
We are probably the most relaxed scene, we have a good mix if Bi-Smashuality (we play both games) and good players at both games, but mostly you'll have fun with us. :)
Oh, and if you play N64 this is the place to be :chuckle:

tibs7

Smash Champion
if you want to pay like 20 bucks for a ride on a train, go t sydney :p

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Pfft.

Hawaii is about 20 billion times better than Cairns.
Get a scuba license and dive the reef then come back to me and say it again with a straight face. <3 Cairns IS the reef experience, the town itself is rather dull besides the various clubs that dot the place and the backpackers that make it otherwise. Otherwise, yes Hawaii is about 20 billion times better than Cairns in everything else, I'm going there for a week later this year, i'll send you a postcard!

Oh and Nova! PR is a sovereign state of the US, I know! But it's not the 'real' America. I've lived there for all up 4 years. Hopefully I'll make it to PR sometime too, for the awesome Smash scene of course.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Get a scuba license and dive the reef then come back to me and say it again with a straight face. <3 Cairns IS the reef experience, the town itself is rather dull besides the various clubs that dot the place and the backpackers that make it otherwise. Otherwise, yes Hawaii is about 20 billion times better than Cairns in everything else, I'm going there for a week later this year, i'll send you a postcard!

Oh and Nova! PR is a sovereign state of the US, I know! But it's not the 'real' America. I've lived there for all up 4 years. Hopefully I'll make it to PR sometime too, for the awesome Smash scene of course.
I'll agree with you on that basis, not saying that Hawaii wasn't a good water experience.

Mum is heading there in March for like her 8th time of something lol. I've been 3.

Amazing place, really. Climbing Diamond Head was spectacular.

Allied

Smash Master
Darwin is awesome. Hot, humid, stormy and has the chance of getting the odd Cyclone/Hurricane.

Oh wait I'm the only one that gives a **** about that. :(

Sydney > Brisbane > Canberra > Perth > Darwin > Melbourne > Hobart >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adelaide.

This isn't in terms of Smash level though 'cause Melbourne would be 1st or 2nd. I just don't like it there. Larger version of Adelaide ftl.
hahah wow so many places to visit

If you go to Darwin, go during monsoon season. That's when all the fun stuff happens, like the floods.
LOLOL wut

and bring snakeee along
I plan on going everywhere snakeee is in college in albany right now mad far from me

idk when i would be going to aus tho

someone has a crush on snakeee ;]

I like it how everyone's making weather comparisons about Australia when there is nowhere in Australia that offers an ideal climate, like a year-long dry Southern California/Mediterranian one, which he could get back in the states.

Anyway, I would recommend the entire east coast of Australia as well, as it's the main tourist trail, covers the majority of Australia where people live, and there are strong differences between the major cities. They all have different strengths, so if you don't like one you'll like the other. Or you can probably like them all.

Sydney is the preferred international gateway to Australia, Melbourne is the preferred alternative to Sydney, and the rest of the cities are more stereotypically Aussie.

In blatant american terms:

Sydney is like a prettier Los Angeles
Melbourne is like a flat and hipster San Francisco
Gold Coast is like a wannabe Miami/Orlando happy land
Cairns has tropical **** like Hawaii
Adelaide is like the midwest (everybody avoids it or flies over it)
and Perth is like Alaska, since it's that much further from everything else.

You can get wallabies and hot chicks everywhere.

Yours sincerely,
Thanks bro i saved that post haha

Traveling money match 5 dollar ;P

Allied

Smash Master
ahhahaha Albany in NY my bad haha

still plan on coming sometime soon tho

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Hahah listen to CAO dude, everyone else here is just blatantly bias to their city. He knows what you should be looking for, lotta experience.

Personally, I'd say QLD. Beaches, tropics, the lot but I'm not sure what you're looking for.

Top Bottom