• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nu Nu NU *Smash* MA Player finder: Yo whaddup?

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I'm on a dining plan, which means unlimited meals, but I have a limited amount of cash left for the year. I figure I'd be spending ~$100 for this, which may be an over-estimate, but with gas money, hotel, tourney entry, and food for 2-3 days, it could get close. I have ~$200 for the rest of the year, for extraneous expenses and entertainment. It doesn't seem logical to blow half of my budget on one weekend, when I still have a month and a half to go on this money. Plus, it's not like it'll disappear if I don't spend it. My "allowance" amounts to $500 a semester I've saved since 7th grade, plus whatever money I make from a job, once I manage to find one >.> So an extra $100 couldn't hurt for the spring, when I spend more money anyways.

Methinks logic says no. Gah.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I'm on a dining plan, which means unlimited meals, but I have a limited amount of cash left for the year. I figure I'd be spending ~$100 for this, which may be an over-estimate, but with gas money, hotel, tourney entry, and food for 2-3 days, it could get close. I have ~$200 for the rest of the year, for extraneous expenses and entertainment. It doesn't seem logical to blow half of my budget on one weekend, when I still have a month and a half to go on this money. Plus, it's not like it'll disappear if I don't spend it. My "allowance" amounts to $500 a semester I've saved since 7th grade, plus whatever money I make from a job, once I manage to find one >.> So an extra $100 couldn't hurt for the spring, when I spend more money anyways.

Methinks logic says no. Gah.
Just do what Fatal does and make money from playing Smash!

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Sorry, I play melee, which means I have to be good to make money.

It was too easy, sorry. I don't hate brawl that much.

@Cog, I've tried getting an on-campus job, but my work-study fell through at the last minute, and most of the on-campus jobs are reserved for work-study. I'm trying to get paid to do research next semester, but I have to talk to professors about that.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I like having 1MB/s download speeds.

I don't like having to re-image my HDD every 3 weeks.

Cog, where are you getting your avatars from? I remember something from Facebook, but I forgot it already.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I was also joking. I know brawl takes skill, because I suck at it. I lost to random scrubs when I was playing as metaknight. I just saw an opportunity for a good joke and took it.

Also, my roomie could be the next mango Kage if he would just learn some really basic tech stuff. Kid is really good.

Spife

Smash Master
yeah fatal you should know by now that melee players take every chance they get to **** talk bawl. If I wasn't so tired I'd take this opportunity to take a shot at it just to prove a point.

uhhh I forgot where i was going with this.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
yeah fatal you should know by now that melee players take every chance they get to **** talk bawl. If I wasn't so tired I'd take this opportunity to take a shot at it just to prove a point.

uhhh I forgot where i was going with this.
Sounds like you're admitting you guys are trolling, should I start handing out infractions like Halloween candy?

Knock it off, no one finds it funny and it's self-destructive for the community. We should all be joining hands and singing in harmony because Mass Madness is reviving, not saying "HURR BRAWL SUX DURR." Grow up.

Spife

Smash Master
Sounds like you're admitting you guys are trolling, should I start handing out infractions like Halloween candy?

Knock it off, no one finds it funny and it's self-destructive for the community. We should all be joining hands and singing in harmony because Mass Madness is reviving, not saying "HURR BRAWL SUX DURR." Grow up.
Read you loud and clear boss.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I owe Spife and Omni and Kyu an apology. (Esp. Omni for the not being able to afford it bull****. I don't lie a lot but you caught me in one. :cry: )

The God's honest truth is...

Last week was like 3 weeks in one at work because of our F.O.R. and when it came to the night to leave I was literally so spent that after I finally got home I went to bed and slept for 11 hours straight. So I missed RoM2 because of exhaustion. (As if there'll NEVER be another tourny. :p )

I also didn't mean to come across as rude when you stopped again @ 10 but that's how tired I was. I got out of bed when my phone went off and I could barely stand straight. i was pretty pissed about being dragged around by my ma too. That's the last time i let her drive when I wanna get home.

I had a wonderful week-end that no one's going to take from me by flaming me and "No Johns" -ing me and I'm completely revitalized so whatever.

Oh yeah Spife when you start talking to me again (>_<) now that you know where I live you can come down and join me @ Flacos some saturday. Armegeddon is back and I know your Sheik would blow him away...

BTW my dog spent some time barking @ your car on Sat. morning...

Also, what's this about Mass Madness reviving?

P.S. Brawl and Melee at the competitive level are too different to compare and to say that one sucks as opposed to the other. Melee is speed based, Brawl is primarily defensive based. It's ignorant and like Dazwa get over it y'all

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
banks

is maine going to saffron city?

P.S. Brawl and Melee at the competitive level are too different to compare and to say that one sucks as opposed to the other. Melee is speed based, Brawl is primarily defensive based. It's ignorant and like Dazwa get over it y'all
melee is defensive based too. the game isn't very nice to ppl who approach [unless you are falco to a certain extent]

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
@Dazwa: Is it delicious candy?

And I'll knock it off, I was just trying to stir up discussion ITT.

So yeah, Game Underground HYPE!

Banks

Smash Hero
banks

is maine going to saffron city?

melee is defensive based too. the game isn't very nice to ppl who approach [unless you are falco to a certain extent]
working on it, it's a maybe at this point. it's like a 5.5 hour drive tho unfortunately >_>

Spife

Smash Master
I lost interest in saffaron city when I saw the other two had less then 50 turn out (unless I read wrong) and it's the same distance as rom. Economically, it doesn't make sense for me to go. Also, I'm partying that friday and don't want to cut it short.

Edit: lool sb, s'all good. I might come down some saturday, but I need to get on top of my school **** and then start playing smash more.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
So says the Ness player lol.

you forgot about Fox, Sheik, Marth and Falcon. they have approaches. :psycho:

Partially what I meant by "speed based" is that it takes faster fingers to play Meree (I.E. technical Foxes and Falcos).

Honestly if there was no random **** like tripping in Brawl I'd play it, but I have bad luck with that game. (I tripped into a Warlock Punch: no lie. I was Sonic after all.)

I know some people have no trouble with those things and that's good for you. Enjoy playing it. I can't though.

@ Spife. :bluejump: okay! glad it's not a relationship ending thing.

Make that inpromptu smashfest soon though! :bee:

Spife

Smash Master
This thread needs to be less dead /bump
back in the day I use to quad bump this ****

you guys should all have a link to this in your sig or on your profile or something. I'm gonna change my location to the ma player finder...OR HELL! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAA

speaking of hell
time to start a discussion on the *******ization of The Inferno via video game format. I don't know much, but I heard Dante has a scythe. Anyone else want to ***** about how horribly inaccurate that is or can I?

Top Bottom