• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nu Nu NU *Smash* MA Player finder: Yo whaddup?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
This just in:

Ace misses hosting tourneys.

Ace will not have real saturday off for awhile. I may try for October, or a date in November that doesn't conflict with VLS3 or RoM2. It will probably be a Brawl(Doubles and Singles) and Melee singles set up again.

Who would be interested in SMB4: Remeber Spaghettisburg?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Spife I have a date in mind for SMB4. I have a special hook in mind. I need to talk to work soon so i need to know if the date will be viable. Get at me on AIM or Call/Text if you still have my number.

Spife

Smash Master
maybe >.>
never intended on changing mains around, and that's in the first post. BUt i ought to change some peeps info so when i do i'll hopefully remember your inquary. I wish i could spell.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Spife's new hair due is all powerful. It makes his Link fight hard and loose.

My hair is short. It makes me play good and bad characters and loose regaurdless of what match-up or opponent skill level ect.

Got the Shawshank Redemtion for my B-day. That movie is epic for one so quiet.

Gonna get that thar "Glory" movie sometime soon.

I'm soooooooooo bored practicing tech skill against level 5s and 6's. someone play me dammit!!!!!!!! I wanna loose so I can improve! T_T

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I practice on like everything, atleast back when I had access to a TV regularly.

Roman, go on aim.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
CogSmooch's guide to getting people to play you in smash:

Step 1: If you live in Springfield, move.

there is no step 2
If i move out of where I live now it'll be out of this area of the country all together. :laugh: :bee:

shadowball, don't practice against 5's and 6's, only 1-3 otherwise you'll get bad habbits. I practice on 3's cause they DI like humans the most.
AH really? This I didn't know thanks. I'll try that. Let me know if you wanna spar huh? Wanna Fox ditto you. :bee: (Flaco's fox sucks lol...)

Roman.

Smash Champion
i would but im supa busy with college/work. I commute so that takes a good chunk of my day out but also since I don't feel like doing any extra curricular activities, i'm just hoping to get by with a 3.8+ gpa

go to mini madness though ^.^

Spife

Smash Master
lul roman, 3.8 is a little low for you isn't it? I'd expect at least a 6.0 (that's right, you would do SO well you add 2.0 worth of points to the potential).
In comparison, my gpa sucks, but to change topics before we make fun of it, should be another SMB soon, and I think we should up the venue to 10 and donate the left overs to GU, gotta talk to ace about it, but if it's $10 venue, we need 15 people to pay off (which we should get) so the more people we get beyond 15, the more goes to GU. This needs the **** hyped out of it, so I'm going to go get the date today.

Roman.

Smash Champion
like honestly, the venue is WICKED nice

we need to get legit players to come and hype this up

spife/ace make a thread for this tourney so we can start spreading it to ME/NH/CT/RI/NY because honestly, this could be a big tourney if we tried

although idk if i'd recommend the venue fee being $10 if we try to get so many OOSers to come

Spife

Smash Master
Well it's an economic decision; what will make us more money at the end of the day and you're right, $10 might not be the good idea. I'd put it some where in between but the few times I've had to pay a non-0/5 amount were stupid *coughs llhs2? $2 venue wtf?*

But yeah, we need hype hype hype, I"ll get the date today and we'll make the thread later. I'd make it now but I really need to be writing a paper.

Roman.

Smash Champion
yeah im righting a paper right now as well

i say that you should keep the venue fee $5 when you make the thread for now. If we can get some big names to say they are going, include that in the title, and see a lot of people posting that are coming to SMB then it should stay. If (as we go closer to the tourney date) we don't see the hype/big names we want, then change it to $10. I'm sure most people will still be attending.

although i also suggest a $0 spectator fee for anyone not interested in entering the tourney but is interested in playing melee/brawl

So Fatal

Smash Master
memph we need to chill soon dude, hows the apt?

Spife, I'll be at SMB, ace said hopefully it will be on the oct 24th! Hype!

Am I the only brawl player that posts here...=D

Spife

Smash Master
Fatal: yeah you are the only regular poster who plays brawl, on the other hand it's usually the same melee players anyway.

Roman: yeah I'm not charging a spectator fee, that's just ****ing stupid. I wouldn't want to force people to pay money to watch, if everyone were local I'd consider it (local being up to 20 minutes away) but to drive 1-3 hours to pay to watch is mad dumb.
Edit: as for the rest of your post, I think charging one and only one is a good idea, and that the only reason we might bump it up is to make venue. Honestly though, best ****ing venue in MA in terms of space, chairs and outlets.
It might be to late to get it into ECRC but we need some thing to bring people in, big names would work, but a Circuit event would do magic.

So Fatal

Smash Master
Fatal: yeah you are the only regular poster who plays brawl, on the other hand it's usually the same melee players anyway.

Roman: yeah I'm not charging a spectator fee, that's just ****ing stupid. I wouldn't want to force people to pay money to watch, if everyone were local I'd consider it (local being up to 20 minutes away) but to drive 1-3 hours to pay to watch is mad dumb.
Edit: as for the rest of your post, I think charging one and only one is a good idea, and that the only reason we might bump it up is to make venue. Honestly though, best ****ing venue in MA in terms of space, chairs and outlets.
It might be to late to get it into ECRC but we need some thing to bring people in, big names would work, but a Circuit event would do magic.
im sorta of a big name =D so is darc/dazwa

Spife

Smash Master
Maybe we've heard of him?

SMB is in western MA at a larger venue then GU, the room serves as a common room (cafeteria and meeting room) for the high school I went to (...when I went to highschool).
I still say GU is better (closer to everyone except people who live right off of 91 *cough*, more established, there are things to do there that isn't smash) but there's no denying this place is huge, and has chairs. For everyone.

Who do I talk to about ECRC?

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Jake and the mages. It's their circuit.

Also, I'll ask Kwan and N64 about it, but I might actually be able to make it to SMB if I can find transportation. Horray!

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
SPIFE! gonna try to get a western MA tourny started down here on opposing months to yours up there. I gotta find a venue but get organized huh. ;) :p

EDIT.

Also I was playing Flaco's Link with Sheik and decided at the last stock to go to Zelda, and Lightning Kicked Rinku in the face for the game.

But when it said who won, the game called Zelda "Sheik" even though it was CLEARLY Zelda on the victory screen. >_<

Stupid game rotfl...

Top Bottom