• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
448 wasnt that cramped lol... this sounds pretty cramped though.

anyway i guess i'm coming.

Gords

Smash Champion
Scoot, you should come then, dont worry about it being cramped, my place is bigger than Teds place and he has a lot of people in his home before during HTC. how awesome were they and they were really cramped as well

Gords

Smash Champion
CAO, Cheese
I need some answers
So my question for
Cheese
- how many from canberra do you expect to bring with you? (i would imagine 3 more if you driving)
CAO
- how many people are you willing to take back to your place?

Gords

Smash Champion
Only folks from ACT I'm familiar with, so Joe and Rose (if she decides to attend).
Actually that was my idea as well, thats why i want to know if anyone else from ACT was thinking of coming (eg scabe)
Although I was thinking if you were able to take a third maybe ted would be interested in staying at yours as well.

Cheese
i think i will need to cap it at you and rose from ACT (if rose doesnt come then maybe scabe) that way i can have the rest of everyone be able to sleep at mine. My idea is to reduce the people sleeping at mine to less than a dozen, (incl. myself)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Who's driving up from ACT and has room for him? lol
He says he might not have a phone nor internet (he's arriving a day or two before), so he'd be super happy if he knew the dealio before he gets on a plane to fly here.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
We'll be able to bring our setup.

I'm legitimately unsure of when we'll be able to be there and when we won't, there's a lot going on around this time but i'll pretty much def be there for at least some of it, accommodation's just going to be tricky seeing as it takes ages to get back to my place and (I actually did talk to my mum about this one legit guys) my mum's unsure about me sleeping there.

I'll figure out something don't worry. Just, I won't be able to confirm much between now and the next few days probably. =/

escro

Smash Ace
ok cool luco, good to see that you tried to talk about it with your parents
still, try to get a few things decided since that'll make it easier for gords to manage the heap of people that he'll be having

Gords

Smash Champion
Luco
what about sleeping here has she got a problem with? If worst comes to worst get her to call me I will be PMing everyone my number and arrival instructions and posting meet and tourney details (hopefully) tonight or tomorrow.

Im thinking of seeing Pacific rim on friday night and having dinner out somewhere, what do people think?

escro

Smash Ace
oh, yeah gords, forgot to mention,
work was cancelled for me this saturday so i can come earlier on saturday, or maybe even come on friday evening/night depending on whether i can finish stuff up quickly during the day
in any case i'll give you a call to see where you guys are at when i arrive (if you're at dinner or movies or smthing)
sorry if this complicates anything

Gords

Smash Champion
OK guys I messaged those whom I dont know if they have my number or may not know what to do when they get here.
Some reminders about my meet.

Please remember to bring:
-- something to sleep with (i.e blanket, sleeping bag) and pillow. (i have some but not enough for everyone)
-- towel
-- console and games
-- controller (or $36.50 if you want to buy a new one)
-- some money for tourney, dinners/food, likely movie)

Friday Events
so I was thinking of seeing a movie and depending on how many cars we have it could either go.

for not enough cars:
we all bus it from my place to city, buy movie tickets then eat at pizza hut across the road. then see movie.
possible movies times are
Event Cinema george st
-Pacific Rim - 8:30
-man of steel - (3D) 8:45, 9:30
-World war Z - 6:30, (3D) 9:00
-lone ranger - 8:40
-Monsters University - 7:20

If enough cars (likely cars: me, ZXV, invisi, cal?, foxy????????)
we drive to hoyts and watch movie, followed by a drive to newtown for burger fuel. (im so craving burger fuel right now)
possible movie times are
Hoyts broadway
-Pacific rim 6:40
-man of steel - 5:30, 8:40
-world war Z - 7:00
-lone ranger - 6:00
-monsters university - 6:40

Tourney details

Tournament to be called
'Oh My Gords (OMG) tournament'

Brawl events are to happen on Saturday,
and to include singles($5) and doubles,
Melee & project M to be played on Sunday,
and to include singles($5) and doubles.
Crews to happen if people want it, but will happen later in the night

rule summary
- brawl:3 stock, 8 min, no items
- melee/PM: 4 stock, 8 min, no items
- double elimination brackets
- best of 3 (loser, winner, grand finals best of 5)
- first game on neutral stage, selected by striking system (or random if agreed by all players)
- following games decided by (previous games) winner ban stage (2 in doubles and PM)>loser picks stage>winner picks characters>loser picks characters
- cant pick stage that you have already won on, unless agreed by all players
- brawl: ledge grab limit applies in the case of a time out (ted/shaya, what is the accepted ledge grab limit now, 35? any character?)

Brawl stages
neutrals
-battlefield
-final destination
-smashville
Counterpicks
-Yoshi Island (brawl)
-Delfino Plaza
-Halberd
-Lylat Cruise
-Pokemon Stadium 1

melee stages
-battlefield
-final destination
-dreamland
-yoshi story
-fountain of dreams (singles only)
-Pokemon stadium (countepick in singles)

Project M stages.
neutrals are those on the bottom line of the first stage select screen
counterpicks are all stages on the first page of the stage select screen
(exceptions: SSE jungle which is a doubles counterpick only)

This sounds like it covers all the basics, if i missed anything (Ted/shaya) let me know.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well, what are people's thoughts on Frigate Orpheon as a CP these days?
May seem left field/offputting but I feel like Rainbow Cruise is a better option over Frigate. I've hated on frigate forever personally, but it's trend of MK dominance, versus the steady improvement of Brawl player's mechanics/tech skill which synergise well with RC's perma platform cancel abilities.

LGL we either go for a flat like 30 for everyone or that + 20 or so for MK.

Ban MK in doubles imo.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I kinda want to but it sounds a bit crowded + there's a party on this weekend and I'd also like to watch EVO at the comfort of my own home.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ahh but i'd like to meet the best link in the world!! D=

Don't worry you can stay if you want to haw. :p ^_^

And I personally don't like Halberd at all - Frigate for me is meh but personally i'd either prefer RC or Brinstar.

Ehh, it's not up to me. I was just asked my opinion is all.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Luco halberd wasn't even up for discussion, nor was brinstar
lol
Well I talked about Frigate, what's wrong with me throwing in Halberd and Brinstar (2 stages that are commonly contested these days) as well? People can respond to or leave them as they like, I dunno. =/

Maaaan I have yet to meet so many ACT peeps. Looking forward to this!!

Wvz

Smash Cadet
I will be coming to this <3 <3
and I'll most likely be there for Saturday + overnight

also if you want me to bring my wii can you give me another text/message please, Gords =D

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
i'd rather play on frigate than RC, personally.

Scabe are you coming to this?
=OOO
I understand. I just feel something that has
Random flips
flips that can kill or happen in scenarios which force a character into an unrecoverable position outside either player's control
dominance of first part's right side holds up and platform induced hyper camp in the second part

I'm sure RC can have similar arguments presented (or even different/better ones) but nothing about RC is dynamic. I think that as we've gotten better at the game's mechanics, we're probably in a better spot to handle RC. A nice nuance here is that it's a stage that has almost complete platform cancelling everywhere, which speeds up the game; also Meta Knight cannot platform cancel out of any of his mid-air jumps.

I personally feel more poised in handling MK on RC than Frigate.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
lol luco dw i was just having a go at you, it's all good <3
Awwwww <3 ^_^

@Shaya: I agree with you... but I think alot of it has to do with the fact that i've never played on RC as a viable tournament stage and would be interested to see it happen. :O :p

tedeth

Smash Master
Oh My Gords guys come on.

RC? Really? New Pork City plz I is like that stage very much.

Go back to 2008 when everyone was ********, then you might be able to convince everyone that stage is fine.

Saying Frigate is worse than RC is like, top 5 stupidest things I've ever heard.

Brinstar is somewhere in the middle.

Gords

Smash Champion
to my knowledge RC hasnt been a CP for quite some time now, however i still see Frigate now and then. I think i will put frigate in the CP for brawl, but not RC.
regarding MK in doubles, I might ban a double MK team but not MK entirely. I dont think it will be an issue though.

I kinda want to but it sounds a bit crowded + there's a party on this weekend and I'd also like to watch EVO at the comfort of my own home.
the parties at my house scabe, hope to see you there

sounds great. I'd like to enter melee singles, do you have an idea of what time on Sunday it will start so I don't miss it?
Matt, I would get here around 11am, for a bit of a warm up and to meet people. I would like to get tourney matches started between 12 and 12:30pm for both saturday and sunday. We usually start with doubles, however I will be starting singles as soon as setups become available.

Also note to everyone, for saturday, if you plan on playing in the tourney be here by 11:30am,

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Moral of the story:
Initial notion that I forgot to stamp on harder and swept things into a slightly off putting path.

Basically
RC is better than Frigate.
So if you want Frigate legal (read: I don't, I think ted doesn't either)
better allow RC so I can actually have fun when I honor match people into not banning RC for me not banning Frigate (obviously I'll ban frigate anyway as I'll def lose first match on purpose, heuheuheuhue). FUN FUN FUN. IN the platform cancelling sun sun sun.

Alternatively, people MM me on RC. $$$$$

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
******** stage discussion aside, i would much rather see man of steel than anything else on that movie list. i'd also much rather not see a movie at all than see a couple of them.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
******** stage discussion aside, i would much rather see man of steel than anything else on that movie list. i'd also much rather not see a movie at all than see a couple of them.
Oh EA, nice to see you back dude - Delux noticed me on his stream chat and wanted me to tell you how much you contributed to ICs and how much he respects you and such. ^^

tedeth

Smash Master
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

This is dumb. Shaya I'm fine with Frigate, I said arguments could be made to ban it. Everyone except you (everyone that matters) hates RC. Deal with it.

And yeah EA your buddy Lux who you have spoken to a lot sure does need someone else to pass a message along to you.

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Gords, are you sure that there will be enough wiis? There was a shortage at the previous tourney if I recall correctly.

Similar point with TVs as well.

I'll be taking my wii with me.

Top Bottom