• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
*grins evilly*

I've only recently started getting into them, so I'm not brilliant. I've also picked up :dedede: as a side, somewhere recommended taking him if you main :popo: . Not sure if that's true or not... but the chaingrabs I've been pulling off are super-fun ^^

It's pretty amazing though, coming onto the board and seeing how much depth there is to the game, in individual character play, general engine mechanics, and specific match-ups. I've been reading tons over the last few week.
Mmm yep, I totally agree. And that's only scratching the surface. It's so exciting being a competitive player. I dislike it when people put competitive play down to not finding the game fun - I love the game even more from playing it competitively! :D

@Summoner, since I see him lurking: Hey dude my wii controllers are stuffing up. Do you ever get the nunchuk randomly stop working and have to disc-connect and re-connect it? That seems to be my biggest issue right now. =/

tedeth

Smash Master
Rule #1 Archmage: Never listen to anyone who isn't on the Power Rankings.

The only people who you should listen to who aren't power ranked are people who have been referred to you by Power Ranked players.

Sound advice. Should be given to all new players.

In fact, I'm going to do that from now on.

Gords

Smash Champion
Gords maaayte! (David speaking)...What time were you thinking of starting?
umm, which David?, and it will start as soon as the first person arrives on Friday.
Sounds awesome.
So, can we possibly get some four swords going on one of the days?
4 swords sounds amazing, everyone if you a GBA bring it, and EA bring your japanese 4 swords, I'm sure if we get enough GBAs we can everyone who wants a turn can play at some point
Have there been any decisions on tournament rules? I'd assume regular stuff.
tournament rules will be pretty much the same as the last boost tournament. And will most likely be played out on Saturday and/or Sunday.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
Rule #1 Archmage: Never listen to anyone who isn't on the Power Rankings.

The only people who you should listen to who aren't power ranked are people who have been referred to you by Power Ranked players.

Sound advice. Should be given to all new players.

In fact, I'm going to do that from now on.
I like this idea. DO IT! =D

Gords

Smash Champion
What happened to fruityman, you forgot your password didn't you.
And btw, remember I am at UNSW now, that's where the tourney is

Gords

Smash Champion
David,
Once you get here give me a call. Are you even staying Friday night?

Archmage
Just bring your SP and charger, I have cables and several copies of the game.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Yeah he got second at that tournament where patv freaked out because there was a hobo breathing down his neck. =p Anyway Gords I'm confirmed for this, it seems like your place will be pretty stacked so I might see if I can stay with Cao. Also I'll see who else from Canberra is interested in coming to this.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dont forgot that tourney that I smashed everyone at and won (when all banned stages were legal)

Nope, it's Rowan.
ah well, I didn't think anyone would get the reference anyway

I remember fruity, thats going back a few years.

derpmeister

Smash Rookie
David,
Once you get here give me a call. Are you even staying Friday night?
I won't be staying overnight. I'm happy just playing on the Friday. Besides, I figured it'd be one less person to cater for sleepwise.

What number should I use to contact you?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Is there an Australian Power Ranking somewhere?
Erm, I think he's joking a bit dude heh. Our brawl PR hasn't been updated in years and like no-one on it is even active anymore, save a few. ^_^

It does need to be updated though, I agree.

Luco, I've added you on Brawl, we should play sometime :3
Heh, i'll be a bit out of commission for a week or so but when I come back, if I get some time sure! :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah he got second at that tournament where patv freaked out because there was a hobo breathing down his neck. =p Anyway Gords I'm confirmed for this, it seems like your place will be pretty stacked so I might see if I can stay with Cao. Also I'll see who else from Canberra is interested in coming to this.
Make Wosebean come!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I dont think ted was joking

I wont be there since I will be in canberra, I have a thing on that I think wosebean is going to aswell :(

I hate cyrodill for what they did to my people

Gords

Smash Champion
What number should I use to contact you?
my mobile should still be the same as before, i still have your parents number (assuming it hasnt changed) if you want me to text them my number just in case. otherwise i can just PM you my mobile.
Erm, I think he's joking a bit dude heh.
Ted was not joking and i agree. Scoot really the only person in the top 4 that is not active anymore. and the best players are still around and will most likely be at my meet most of the time

derpmeister

Smash Rookie
Yup, we still have your mobile number. I'll PM you our home phone number (it should still be the same) and my current mobile number.

Looking forward to the event and many thanks for organising it. :)

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
I wish I could come, but duty calls! You guys are going to have to let me know a month in advance if any tournaments are happening.

Gords

Smash Champion
What's the problem RJ, and fat chance in finding out about anything a month in advance

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
I work weekends now, and sometimes two weeks is a little short notice for my bosses, so the earlier I find out about these kinds of fun things, the better.

mattk210

Smash Cadet
Hi, I've been interested in competitive melee for a while but I've never been to a tourney or a meet. maybe i've seen some of you around, I study at UNSW too.

Can I come to this evo weekend meet? (Can I get an address/times?) I'm most interested in the sunday because i have some SF4 friends that are organizing something on sat and mon. Though, I'd consider coming saturday if a house tourney was starting then (i'd go home to sleep).

(i assume melee will be the focus of the meet? I'm not good at brawl or project m or 64).

cheese619

Smash Ace
Gords you might have to cap this thing. There are a lot of people expressing interest in coming and your place is quite small.

Hopefully we'll have a not at someone's house tournament soon.

Gords

Smash Champion
Cheese,
I will admit i am getting more interest than i anticipated, since last time i offered something like this almost noone showed up even though there seemed to be a high demand for a tourney, but either way we should be sweet for now.
also regarding tourneys, one of the reasons we are hesitant to return the bowling alley is due to lack of numbers, which was another reason why I didnt expect so many.
If this has a good turn out I would be willing to host tourneys else where in the future.
My goal really is to hold a regular meet (like once every 4 weeks or so) and maybe get a tourney going along side it, (at a venue if the numbers are there).

Anyways here is the list of people i have so far that have expressed interest

*Archmage (fri-mon)
*Tom??(fri-mon)
*Escro (sat-sun)
*Invisi (fri-mon)
*Luco (fri-mon??)
*Luco's bro (fri-mon??)
CAO (fri-mon??)
*Ted (fri-mon??)
Shaya (fri/mon)
*David (fri-sat)
*Foxy?? (fri-mon??)
*Cheese (fri-mon??)
*Tiger Shark?? (fri-mon)
Mattk (sunday)
*Waveguider?? (fri-mon??)
*lux (fri-sun)
*Nathaniel (fri-mon)
*ZXV (fri-mon)

(if i missed anyone let me know)

other that will most likely attend but have yet to reply.
*Cal

other that maybe interested (but may not have not found out about it yet)
*Ricky
Patv
Ikill
Andrew
(with the exception of ricky, i would say that these people would be more likely to just make an appearance, rather than stay nights or attend multiple days)

those with * will most likely require sleeping
those with ?? after there name have yet to be completely confirmed
those with ?? within the time have yet to confirm the exact days they intend to stay

ok so about 22 people would be the max so far at my place at one time. I think this is ok, although still cramped (but hay we have fit a lot of people into smaller hotel rooms in the past, lol), for us to play and have fun without to much trouble. we could even maybe fit a few more in.
however room to sleep is more the problem. looking at the numbers, there seems to be about 15 max atm for those that will be sleeping here.

So my question for
Cheese
- how many from canberra do you expect to bring with you? (i would imagine 3 more if you driving)
CAO
- how many people are you willing to take back to your place?

based on the answers to these questions I have a few ideas.

Gords

Smash Champion
Double post just to keep it separated from the previous organization material above. (please dont give me an infraction:urg:)

Hi, I've been interested in competitive melee for a while but I've never been to a tourney or a meet. maybe i've seen some of you around, I study at UNSW too.

Can I come to this evo weekend meet? (Can I get an address/times?) I'm most interested in the sunday because i have some SF4 friends that are organizing something on sat and mon. Though, I'd consider coming saturday if a house tourney was starting then (i'd go home to sleep).

(i assume melee will be the focus of the meet? I'm not good at brawl or project m or 64).

I live at UNSW village, and i will PM you my phone number before the date.
For those that know their way around UNSW, meet at IGA near gate 2, then ring me so i can get you, otherwise just ring me when you get to UNSW and tell me where you are

The focus of the meet is to have fun hanging out with mates and playing video games, doesnt necessarily have to be smash, but in saying this since we are all smashers and love those games smash will be the series played the most. I would say there will be more setups for brawl but definitely a couple for melee/project m. trust me though there will not be a shortage of melee especially with CAO, Ted, cheese and most likely ZXV (on sunday) in attendance.

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Gords, I'll be there from Friday to Sunday afternoon.

Hmmm, I thought I'd get notifications for posts in this thread cos I'm watching it...

Keen to meet Wave and Archmage.

And I totally got your reference, Luke, but iirc, that book (and the movie) was so weird.

escro

Smash Ace
hooooolllllllyyyyyy shhiiitttttt gords 22 people??!
we had like 7? people at your place for 4/48 and that felt super cramped

i can't even begin to imagine what it's going to be like for this meet
=P

Top Bottom