• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
3 TVs, Wii, GCN if needed.

This time it'll be more about fitting all the equipment in.

SageMeson

Smash Cadet
small meet at my place on tues with mates, cherrybrook. something like 10-5:30. get back to us if interested anyone

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I'll go if someone I know goes (like tedeth or meteor or someone not crap). Boring extremely far meet with scrubs is boring.

Tempted to go anyway just to keep the scene active, though.

S.D

Smash Master
Shaya has all the money from tournaments that was supposed to go to gotgames. Now people want their prize money as gotgames is cancelled.

Anyways Teddy I'll do my best to make this tournament.

tedeth

Smash Master
Due to me going back to uni next week I'd like to do something this week if anyone's up for it.

Preferably something that doesn't require like 4 hours of travel tho.

S.D

Smash Master
Can I suggest moving Lylat cruise to CP for the next tournament?

It seems to be a general trend atm, and SBR stagelist leaves it up to the discretion of the TO to have it as starter or CP. Mainly because if the way its edges screw with recoveries and general lameness of the stage.

Just a little conversation starter perhaps.

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
Lylat is kind of the devil in stage form, but really. I've seen it used as a counter pick in a few tournament videos. It messes up some projectiles with the weird angle of the level (Aura sphere). Also messes with auto cancelling some aerials (Gdorfs dair). Platforms can really help some chars (ROB) and mess with some others. It allows some characters to attack through the bottom and hit people ledge guarding them (GaW's nair can). And worst of all it rotating slightly and tard ledges can be quite the annoyance to several characters.
It seems to have a few disctint advantages and disadvantages for certain characters, which can't really be said about the other stages.

Such an incoherent argument consisting of really fail points can't be said about the other neutrals, thus, i vote make it a counter-pick.

I'm sure this has actually been discussed properly in the stage discussion thread. Ultimately up to Tedeth either way and he'll have his own good reasons for whatever decision he makes :).

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lylat cruise probs should be cp, many characters get gimped on it and snake gets a huge advantage on it.

Defiled

Smash Apprentice
Lylat is kind of the devil in stage form, but really. I've seen it used as a counter pick in a few tournament videos. Platforms can really help some chars (ROB) and mess with some others. It allows some characters to attack through the bottom and hit people ledge guarding them (ROB's nair/uair can). And worst of all it rotating slightly and tard ledges can be quite the annoyance to several characters(Not ROB).
It seems to have a few disctint advantages and disadvantages for certain characters, which can't really be said about the other stages.
So, Lylat to stay Neutral? Sounds good to me. :laugh:

tedeth

Smash Master
Well it seems alot of people want it to be a cp. I mean I hate that stage it's wolf's worst stage so I'd love not to see it in randoms. The only thing is that when using the extended stage list involving stages like say delphino, where flying chars can all attack from below, it would be a bit strange to get rid of something just 'cause it messes with recoveries.

Also in terms of the matchup's listed, why not ban yoshi's because of say, wolf vs rob on that stage? It's pretty much a reverse of lylat in that situation.

At this point I prolly will make it a cp just because I want as many people to be satisfied as possible but it's good to have some actual SMASH DISCUSSION rather than all the bull**** that has been going on lately.

tkls

Smash Apprentice
notice i lag hasnt said anything for a while? could be coincidence, just saying...

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Tedeth said:
Due to me going back to uni next week I'd like to do something this week if anyone's up for it.
I'm up for something, always. As far as I know, though, Hunter Crew's having a training session this weekend, so if anything is arranged for then I won't be able to make it.

Enigmalik said:
Also messes with auto cancelling some aerials (Gdorfs dair).
Ganondorf's DAir doesn't auto-cancel.

I LAG

Smash Lord
notice i lag hasnt said anything for a while? could be coincidence, just saying...
well i think we should go with my awesome stage list

Neutrals

* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Smashville
* Yoshi's Island

Semi Neutrals

* Delfino Plaza
* Battleship Halberd
* Lylat Cruise
* Pokémon Stadium (Melee)

Counter pick

* Brinstar
* Castle Siege
* Distant Planet
* Frigate Orpheon
* Jungle Japes (Melee)
* Luigi's Mansion
* Norfair
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Rainbow Cruise

All other stages should be banned but you can add yoshi's island (melee) or something if you like. You decide if the semi neutrals should be neutrals or cp stages. I really think all australian tourneys should go with this list or something similar its a good stage list.

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
Haha Turtle, my response to that video when iso linked it to me in MSN:

Mike says:
holy ****
Mike says:
good melee players are ridiculous
Mike says:
waveshining is just ridiculous -_-

... minutes later.

Mike says:
lol.. wait.. so thats turtle in that video of fox?
Hayden says:
turtle, yeah
Mike says:
thats awesome

I thought it was funny :laugh:

@ Stage Discussion for tourney. This is copied directly from stage legality discussion thread. We can maybe use this as a starting point if we wanna actually begin a proper discussion. *shrug*

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter