• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

S.D

Smash Master
Nah you're alright. Double thunders looks all sexy and shiny, I'm just jealous is all. I think I actually physically bled when you did that to me :(

Mike is enigmalik.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
oh ok, whos the other guy then? im confused i feel a little bit disappointed that i cant get to know each and everyone of my fans personally but im a busy man.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I thought it could? I've seen Ganon's just bounce across stages with it with no lag?
Common misconception. The move simply ends before hitting the ground, it doesn't actually auto cancel. Same result though I guess. *shrug*

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
Mike = me
Hayden = iso = isorropia

Most people just call ganondorfs 'no lag dairs': 'auto-cancelled dairs', because they give the illusion of auto-cancelling and everyone will know what u mean anyway. Even though 'technically' the move just finishes before you hit the ground. /repeats what e_alert and fts said.

I'm pretty sure for something to technically be an auto-cancel, it gives little to no landing lag if you land in certain frame windows of the animation OR for some aerials landing at any point during the animation (like lucarios awesome nair). (should be called land cancelling imo).

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=169171

Wolf and Bowsers fair seem to autocancel from my testing, if you land at certain points in the animation.

I don't know what they call it when moves perfectly end on a shorthop like ganondorfs dair, ikes bair and pikachus dair etc (i used to think thats what auto-cancelling was). *shrug* i blame the definitions of smash terminology changing. :p

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
auto cancelling is landing after the animation ends!!! in order to receive 0 LAG the ****wit that made that thread idk if he called anything else auto cancelling, but he has no right to change the definition of auto cancelling from one game to the next so in conclusion auto cancelling is when the animation ends before u land giving 0 lag or in melee 4 frames or so any other definition even those posted by some ****wit on smashboards is wrong

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but, there are tons of cooldown frames after the slashing animation ends, where you can't do anything, but if you land during these cooldown frames you can immediately act again (and have no landing lag). Try full-hopping a fair.. and then try short-hopping a fair... you can't do anything after either until you hit the ground. You can even short hop a fair, and fast fall at the very end after the animation ends. The cooldown frames are apart of the duration of the aerial... and can be completely cancelled by landing, thus, imo it auto-cancels.

EDIT: @ turtle yea i agree completely. Also when auto-canceling was first discovered to be awesome in brawl and so easy as well (buffering an aerial from a shorthop)... a youtube video was posted that was called "Aerial/Auto-"Canceling" in Brawl (no lag from aerial moves)"... sooo i dont know who changed its meaning.

That auto-canceling thread is linked in brawl list of AT's thread thing, under autocancelling, so it's like.. the official auto-canceling thread.

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
Yea... Land Cancelling... because it cancels... when you touch the ground... i blame the brawltards (jokes) (i'm a brawltard mostly).

Edit: question @ turtle and S.D/anyone good at melee. do you jump with x or y... and when pillaring with falco... do you jump cancel the shine with a button or with the stick (by pushing up).

S.D

Smash Master
I don't read brawl forums but it sounds like auto canceling to me.

@ Mike: Personally I jump with y but apparently most people use x (y is the one on the right yeah)?

Pretty sure you can jc shines with either so long as you time it right. Just pressing up works best for some things, such as shine jc usmash. Someone correct me if I'm wrong I don't really play spacies.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
i use x i'd use up if i was trying to do like a shine bair like down b really fast then up and rotate to the direction for the bair then press a and most people use y it all depends on what you're comfortable with really...

unreon

Smash Ace
Edit: question @ turtle and S.D/anyone good at melee. do you jump with x or y... and when pillaring with falco... do you jump cancel the shine with a button or with the stick (by pushing up).
I never use the stick to jump.

With Falco I tend to always jump out of shines using X. Allows me to shorthop better. But that's just my preference. People use L while I use R, for example.

EDIT: It allows me to do shine>bairs much more easily. Pop off a laser, run with the laser, shorthop, shine, turn around in the shine, full jump, bair.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
thats the definition of auto cancelling you tard.
Auto-Cancelling is when you land during the IASA frames of an aerial you tard. gb2melee

S.D said:
I don't read brawl forums but it sounds like auto canceling to me.
It's not the same thing but is easily confused with certain aerials. So people do tend to refer to it as the same thing.

Enigmalik said:
and when pillaring with falco... do you jump cancel the shine with a button or with the stick (by pushing up).
Eh, I do it with the button, it makes the whole sequence so much easier to input and it's hard to short hop with tap jump in the first place. Also I jump with Y. xD

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
In melee wasnt it, in most cases, just landing in the cooldown frames of the aerial (usually after the hitbox dissapeared/unique aerial animation finishes).

Superdoodleman said:
D-Air

SAF: 80
Total: 89
Hit: 13-64
Auto cancel: <12 65>
LAndlag: 50
Lcanceled: 25
Frame example from Superdoodleman's Thing. Talking about Young links Dair.

In Gimpy's sheik aerial overview thing he refers to autocanceling:
Gimpyfish said:
"all of sheik's air attacks can be autocanceled effectively out of a short hop (save the down air)"
Which is the same way that S.D and turtle mean/use the term. If Gimpy's is wrong, then I don't want to know what right is. :laugh:

I think the term my have been lost/murdered/butchered in translation between the games. Or i'm just mistaken *shrug*. If what your saying is true to brawl E_alert, are they still called IASA frames? All you can do is land... you can't interrupt with any other action.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
[thread=169171]autocancelled aerials[/thread]

This is not the same as regular auto lag cancelling aerials in which the move has ended before the character lands.
Autocancelling is when an aerial's animation is cancelled at a certain point in its duration by touching the ground.
I always took that to mean IASA frames. Sounds like IASA frames to me. Interrupting is interrupting.

IDFC if Melee's different, we're talking about Brawl. :3

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
IASA frames are things like marth's dtilt, where the move doesn't end until say, frame 60, but inputting another action at frame 40 will immediately do the other action. Interrupting As Soon As is not the same as Interrupting by landing.

Dedu

Smash Lord
all of sheik's air attacks can be autocanceled effectively out of a short hop (save the down air)"
Sheik fair against shielders? Insta grab for them unless u l-cancel </3 Doesn't mean she's easy to play with.

To win easy in Meleeeeeeee... Marth Fsmash!

Fox is still the kickass player for fast fingers <3
Tap-Y, C-Down, J-Down, L-Press, Down-B, Tap-Y, J-SSE, R-Press, J-Right, Press-Y, Z-Press, Tap A, Tap A, J-Up, Press-Y, J-Up, Tap A, J-Down, L-Press... All this in two/three seconds!

Do I think like that? Nah mah hands do all da work. I just think SHFFLDair to shine to wavegrab to uthrow to uair finisher <3

I wonder if Brawl has anything similar to Melee's Fox technical speed and skill.
Oh wait its MetaFOOOXXXX!

Defiled

Smash Apprentice
Fox is still the kickass player for fast fingers <3
Tap-Y, C-Down, J-Down, L-Press, Down-B, Tap-Y, J-SSE, R-Press, J-Right, Press-Y, Z-Press, Tap A, Tap A, J-Up, Press-Y, J-Up, Tap A, J-Down, L-Press... All this in two/three seconds!

I wonder if Brawl has anything similar to Melee's Fox technical speed and skill.
Oh wait its MetaFOOOXXXX!
Guide Metaknight

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
lollz trust Dedu to mix up a Brawl quote with a Melee one. <3

tedeth/whoever - Anything new about a meet this week, or do I have to look toward Saturday as my next decent Smash challenge? D:

IASA frames are things like marth's dtilt, where the move doesn't end until say, frame 60, but inputting another action at frame 40 will immediately do the other action. Interrupting As Soon As is not the same as Interrupting by landing.
I guess you're right, but it really doesn't matter if they're called IASA frames or not. I just assumed that they were based on the description given.

I LAG

Smash Lord
after reading the last 3 pages all i remember is something about lag, cancel and which button you jump with and now my head hurts

Top Bottom