• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
Great day highlight was playing doubles with Fakeman. Or those games vsing tedeths donkey kong in melee was prity sweet hahaha.

Edit: i got ***** hard by half of the melee players, Turtles marth destroyed me, I didn’t get to play S.D that much but he beat me prity hard with roy lol, Hornsbey crew were all really good gave me lots of tips thanks guys, and yeah there were more people that beat me but pats fox owned more harder than anything, just shine spiked me a lot low percent like 5 or 6 times out of the 2 games I had nothing lol.

Anyway had heaps of fun would love to do it again hopefully it’ll be closer next time :

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
great tourney, I had heaps of fun and a lot of matches were played.. good venue good people made the trip plenty worthwhile. Did the best I could have done in melee singles I'd say, coming 5th behind the tank kullasdturtlepat, so yeah pretty pleased with that :)

shoutouts:

Tedeth: Amazing work hosting such a successful tourney, everything ran really smoothly and pro **** running it on PAPER lol. Nice placings in the tournaments as well, I actually didn't know you were that good at Brawl lol. Also thanks for making sure there was always a TV setup for melee to be played on even when it was Brawl time <3

S.D: Always good to see you and get owned by your Icies or Falcon or pretty much any of your characters. Great results in pretty much every event lol, all round great smasher and good to talk to in general. Hope your foot heals up quickly.

Turtle: wtf no brawl doubles win? I call hax lol.. Anyway once again it was good to see you and get combo'd to oblivion by your marth, you get so much better every time I see you, thought I might have had a chance going even with you but nope, turtle is still too pro for me <3. Nice placing in singles as well.

Meteor: Sorry I played gay in double elim :(. Just nervous after the rest of hornsby got knocked out by jiggs and I didn't want to take any chances lol. Thanks for some of the brawl tips and stuff, nice work in winning brawl singles as well to take your 2nd tournament win in like a week.

Tcranter: Pretty sure we didn't have any matches all day lol but you seemed like a cool guy so yeah

Pat: Thanks for the matchup advice man, probably saved me from getting knocked out before I got to lose to you lol. I sorta failed hard in our tournament set, played pretty appalling in both matches.. not saying I would have come close to beating you otherwise, just that I hope you've seen me play better because yeah I didn't present much of a challenge.

Gords: You're improving sooo much at melee, your Sheik is really quite good now. Had fun getting ***** by your Diddy in brawl double elims, apparently you're quite good at both games! Keep at it, you're a nice guy and next time I'll try to pose more of a fight for you hehe.

Tom (the other falco player): You're pretty darn good for your first tournament, way better than most for melee, just need more experience and tournies are the way to go for that. Hope to see you at the next event.

Kulla: Like every tournament we've been to you and Pat have sent us to Losers first round in melee doubles lol. So if the next tournament organiser could not do that that'd be great :). Seriously though your Sheik is way beyond me right now, never once did I really think I gained control of the match. Congrats on the melee singles win, you definately deserve it.

I know I've forgotten someone... I'll edit later or something.

Great tournament.

yeah that'd be right my post is like the last on the page so no-one will read my epic shoutouts

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
sounds like a great tourney, shame I missed it,
great work everyone, nsw is beast.

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
Tom (the other falco player): You're pretty darn good for your first tournament, way better than most for melee, just need more experience and tournies are the way to go for that. Hope to see you at the next event

Yeah thanks for taking 1st tourney into account :). I really want to get more experienced at melee like you said. I'll see you at lots more tournaments this year i hope. Any advice that you guys can give me like you did at tournament is great i really appreciate it.

You destroyed me in those few falco mirrors we had lol.

tedeth

Smash Master
Ok shoutouts.

Meteor: Beat me again man. That spike in our final game was so good. There was no way I was coming back after that. Your ness just seemed so unbeatable considering how well I did against him at luke's just a week beforehand. Grats on the win man you really earned it after a dodgey start.

Toby: AMAZING matches we had. You 2 stocked me, I 2 stocked you, then the final match ended up with me getting that dsmash while i was over 180%. I remember getting caught in bullet seed twice in the space of about 15 seconds and being like "Oh ****." Well played good sir.

E_Alert: Man your ic's have improved alot. I didn't get to play you all day unfortunately, but that might have been a good thing from my perspective. lol.

Gords: Great teaming with you man. We were doign well until cornaria came up. Low ceiling for the loss... But yeah your Diddy has come along phenominally well, and you ended up way better than you originally thought!

Jelly: I loved playing against you in melee simply because of that fully charged donkey punch that seemed to cover half of the stage. Good fun playing you.

Mi1oo: Great to finally meet you and your bro. You were really good at melee for your first tourney. You took both matches off me but they were close ones. The random stages were against me in our first game ha ha. Stadium cancelled so I get fd. As DK vsing a falco that isn't too nice. :p

Scar (Not the real scar): HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! That is all.

Kulla: Finally got to play you. Good that you played brawl, I wish I could have played you when you were at your best but oh well, it was still great fun. Grats on the melee win. Also, you forgot to collect your prize money for third place in brawl. Could have almost bought you a coke on the way home. :p

Turtle: Funniest part of the day wa asking you "Who did you just play" to have you answer "I donno, some spastic." Said spastic ended up being one of my friends that I brought ha ha. When I figured that out after reading the "pool" sheets, I laughed so **** hard.

Mr Fakeman: Captain Falcon main!?!? So manly. Good to finally play you, your wario was pretty good aswell. Next time we must have a wario ditto. I love riding another wario's bike. :p

Everyone else, thanks alot for coming. Hope you all had fun and hope you're willing to come again when I host another one. :)

S.D

Smash Master
yeah that'd be right my post is like the last on the page so no-one will read my epic shoutouts
Dw I read them :)

@Miloo - sorry I didn't get a chance to play you too much/help you out more on the day, I'll make more effort to do so next time coz its always good to see new people taking an interest in melee. I'm sure SS would be more helpful though and it sounds like you got some tips off him which is good. Hope to see you again next time.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i'm working on a hack that gives jiggs shiek's needle's and f-air
then it's fair game yo

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
@Miloo - sorry I didn't get a chance to play you too much/help you out more on the day, I'll make more effort to do so next time coz its always good to see new people taking an interest in melee. I'm sure SS would be more helpful though and it sounds like you got some tips off him which is good. Hope to see you again next time.
Actually when you said that I need to land more techs that actually helped a lot, playing a level 1 computer doesn’t really punish missed techs and what you told me was so true, you really do get fuked up if you miss techs :p. Yeah hopefully I’ll get to play your iceies next time even tho I’ll get around 4 stocked by them. Also were you from around Newcastle? Because I might be able to play you quite a bit if that’s the case.

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
I live in bulahdelah 1 hour north of newcastle, i go to newcastle alot, can prity much go to newcastle when ever i want. But at the moment i'm only interested in working on my melee game. brawl is still a bit of fun tho. If you want to talk or find out more (milooo@hawtmail.com).

Zero

Smash Hero
Ah yeah, I'm familiar with Buladelah. As for melee, that's fine. Do you have any other friends that are interested in the scene as well?

Mi1oo

Smash Apprentice
Ah yeah, I'm familiar with Buladelah. As for melee, that's fine. Do you have any other friends that are interested in the scene as well?
Well there's my brother who lives in Newcastle, he doesn't take it to serious tho and barely ever plays, And i got a mate that lives not far from me who loves playing but he doesn't have the games or wii. So you live near newcastle i'm guessing?

Zero

Smash Hero
Yeah, there's a Hunter Valley thread a little below us, if you wouldn't mind to take a look. :D I should organise something before school's back.

Zero

Smash Hero
Yep, it's all done and updated too! Now, we best take this Hunter discussion away from Western Sydney, Tedeth may feel agitated that we're hijacking his thread. :D

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
MTR was crying about not being able to find his wiimote. Check up with him

tedeth

Smash Master
ultra Lolz

is it missing a back?
I THINK there was one left there without a back but I'm unable to locate that at this time for some reason... But there is another one aswell.

On another note, someone should drive to QLD for summersmash and we can send a Western Sydney contingent. :)

Edit: Also I was thinking we should try and get some bi-weeklies going. Maybe alternate between a few people's houses?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Meet at my place next tuesday is likely. Just need to confirm with my parents and I'll give out details.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Okay. ****'s confirmed. Changing it to wednesday, though. Otherwise...

EVERALERT PRESENTS

NovaSmash Sydney
"Nagisa's not dead yet, but she did steal this name for me! <3"

It's about time Western Sydney picked up the slack with a smashfest! Play Barlw or Melay in my humble abode home! Work on your skilz! Laugh at the Hunter sillies! Also it's your last chance at Smash freedom before school goes back. :3

PLEASE BRING EQUIPMENT WHERE POSSIBLE, ESP. TVs

Details

Date: Wednesday, 28th Jan
Time: 9am-6pm
Address: 19 Whitehaven Ave, Quakers Hill
Phone: 0407 345 249

I'm also thinking of hosting a mini-tourney depending on numbers. If it happens it'll be something like a $2 entry, winner takes all. Double Elim or Round Robin by vote on the day. Otherwise the same rules as Tedeth's tourney. I'll cover the entry fee of anyone who brings a TV.

If the right people come there'll also be Sydney vs. Hunter crews, cause Zero's a fun-loving lass who wants it so. :3

Food

Station Chip Shop/s - 15min walk/5min drive.
Aldi / BP servo - 7min walk/2min drive lol
McDonalds / Subway - 30min walk/7min drive
Dominoes Pizza / random supermarket / other misc food shops - 30min walk/7min drive

Also we can order from various places if you so like.

Cold drinks + icypoles provided. <3

Transport (MAP LINK)

By train - go to Quakers Hill by train. If there's anyone here with a car and willing to pick you up we can do that, otherwise you'll have to walk or get a bus. (walking's recommended, it's not far + buses take forever, but it's up to you).

Walking from QH station - Leave the station via the police side (you should be able to see a police station up the street from the station), and follow the path next to the day care centre. When the path forks after the river, go left. When it comes out onto the street, follow the street left and take the first right. That's my street.

Bus from QH Station - Leave the station on the police side. There's a bus stop next to the churchhallthingy/day care centre, you'll see it if you follow the road in the direction of the police station. Catch the 751 Busways bus to Bali Dr, then walk DOWN Bali until you see my street.

Attendance
(8/10 Humans, 4/5 TVs, 3/5 Wiis, 1 GCN)

Me (3 TVs, 1 Wii, 1 GCN)
Zero? (1 TV?, 1 Wii?)
Aesthetic
Meteor
Tedeth (1 Wii)
Gords (1 Wii?)
Defiled
Unreon?
Iso (1 TV, 1 Wii)
Malik