• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Power Rankings v3 {26-12}

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
lol, finally got on this and I'm not even above gords? Clearly I can't even wavedash.

Im only playing melee at HTC2 now.

Zxv

Smash Lord
lol, finally got on this and I'm not even above gords? Clearly I can't even wavedash.

Im only playing melee at HTC2 now.
I felt as though non-PRs should constitute the bottom ranks first, as nobody had been consistant enough (imo) to be placed higher than the previous PR players.

Next update, you'll most likely move around a fair bit if you can keep up the good placements.

Once Ted and I iron those bad habbits out of you next week, I definitely see you going up wonders in the list.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
More like I'll teach you how to get chaingrabbed, fufuf-- Wait, which game did I say I was playing at HTC2 again?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Elo can never replace power rankings, as power rankings take more than just pure performance into account.

Zxv

Smash Lord
So much ELO hate... >_>

I doubt ELO will replace Power Rankings considering the feedback it's getting. Seeing, sure, but not PR.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

Basically everyone starts with a set amount of points, and gain/lose points based on whether they win or lose and who against, based on expectancy (bigger gap = more points exchanged if lower player wins, fewer if the higher player wins).

Don't get me wrong, Bryte, I love Elo (in fact, when Shaya was explaining his tournament program + elo idea to me I was like "holy **** this is *exactly* how I've felt since forever"); me saying it can't replace Power Rankings has nothing to do with how much I like it. It's just that Power Rankings and Elo Ratings taking into consideration different things, and therefore can't be (accurately) used to achieve the same goals.

Also stop capitalising "Elo" like it's an acronym, because it's not.

Zxv

Smash Lord
Well... Seeing as Turtle is now living in Sydney (iirc), if he starts coming to Boosts he'll obviously have to come back on this list. That'll be interesting.

Zxv

Smash Lord
So can i be on this :D
Good point. You are a lot better than I remember you to be - definitely have to verse you some more in the future.

Only problem is we've had so few tournaments that we can't really call this yet. Wait a few more tournies so we can get a better view on how you go against other PR players.

Also, get as much OoS experience as you can, as that really helps when taking you into consideration :awesome:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well me and scabe dont play anymore, so thats 2 free spots on the list already.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Good point. You are a lot better than I remember you to be - definitely have to verse you some more in the future.

Only problem is we've had so few tournaments that we can't really call this yet. Wait a few more tournies so we can get a better view on how you go against other PR players.

Also, get as much OoS experience as you can, as that really helps when taking you into consideration :awesome:
Put me on the next one kthnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom