• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NSW - Next Event: use discord or facebook i'm lazy

Buddfox

Smash Rookie
Smashing Good Time Tournaments are Sydney CBD Tournaments.

Next Tournament April 12th: SGT. Singles Tournaments: WiiU | Melee | N64 | 3DS

CURRENT TOURNEY RULES (http://redd.it/319386)

SGT. is flexible and will change rules to provide what the players want.
I would like to know your thoughts for SGT. in particular so post below
"X should be Y becuase Z" is your best chance of getting something.

Last edited:

rrrRandy

Smash Cadet
More like CarlingFREE, because they're all free:
ZxFREE
Mike WazowsFREE
FREE
Kill
RandFREE Sa Uh, I mean, more like CREAM OF THE CROPingford.

Yellowkirbyguy

Smash Rookie
Is it too late to join this Sunday's SGT? Cause i want to join since i've never been to a tournament before and its the holidays so i got plenty of time up my sleeve. It'd be a nice change from going online For glory every single time i play Smash.

(Edit: By the way on the facebook page i recently joned under the name "El Parto." so if you're wondering who in the world is that guy, it's me.)

Last edited:

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
Was a great event today, results aside I had a lot of fun just goofing off and getting combo'd by lava on Norfair. Can't wait for the next one!

Yellowkirbyguy

Smash Rookie
Lets see here, for my first tourney here's what i thought.

"Oh my god there are so many Diddy Kongs." I mean i knew i was going to see them but not this many xD (Edit to be honest this was before pools so yeah friendlies and competitive are two different stories~)
Er besides that I really had a great time! and i kinda regret leaving early xD (Not actually sure why i left, my mind was just full of alot of thoughts and then i made the decision) Next time i'll try and make the full course!

The atmosphere is really great too! Definitely makes me want to go again! I enjoyed all my matches (Friendly and competitive) and i've sorta got an idea where i am. Though i think not many people were expecting Samus, xD I have to up my game for when people learn how to deal with her effectively!

Last edited:

Connector

Smash Rookie
what were the final results for smash 4
i had to leave so couldnt play my remainding match/matches

Gords

Smash Champion
Smash City Anzac: at Club Burwood on the 25th April

hmm, i havent decided if I will allow mewtwo to be used at this event due to the fact that it wont be available to everyone and to all setups (mine included).
I am leaning towards NO just for this event.

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
I wonder how it works with porting over custom mewtwo sets to consoles that havent paid for him, i am thinking the WiiU just wont give you the option since you use the WiiU character select screen to select which character to port.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Just allow Mewtwo, there are like 3 people on the face of the earth who won't have a dl code.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I wonder how it works with porting over custom mewtwo sets to consoles that havent paid for him, i am thinking the WiiU just wont give you the option since you use the WiiU character select screen to select which character to port.
A lot of fighting games with DLC characters display characters that you haven't bought as blanked out on the screen because their data is still in the game so you can play against people who use them online so it's very possible you can transfer custom sets even if you haven't bought him on the Wii U version.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I just think it's silly as he'll be legal at BAM which is 1 month from this tournament. Would really like as much practice with Mewtwo as possible in a tournament setting before BAM rolls around.

And as EA said, I can already count at least 4 setups we will have off the top of my head that will have him unlocked. At least.

Gords

Smash Champion
VIC soft ban is pretty smart imo. Could just do that Gords?
Wtf is a soft ban?

I just think it's silly as he'll be legal at BAM which is 1 month from this tournament. Would really like as much practice with Mewtwo as possible in a tournament setting before BAM rolls around.
This is a good point. Even though I am hoping to have a tourney in May before BAM I can see your interest in practice.
Now I'm leaning towards yes.

Last edited:

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Wtf is a soft ban?
OFFICIAL STANCE ON MEWTWO FOR THE APRIL RANBAT!

MEWTWO IS HEREBY SOFT BANNED FOR THE APRIL RANKING BATTLE

What is a soft ban?

Soft ban means that mewtwo is able to be played if both players gentleman to the rule (if both players are ok with one player or both players playing mewtwo then you may play mewtwo). However, a player has every right due to preparation issues to refuse playing against mewtwo and the other player must adhere to his opinion. If a player if trying to bully or force another player to play mewtwo please call a TO and that player will be punished under the rules of fair play.

If both players are open to play mewtwo...knock yourselves out. But don't be mean about it if someone does not want to because he/she has every right to. Mewtwo will be officially legal after the 30th of april. Good Luck to everyone.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING SETUPS AND HAVE THEM UPDATED TO LATEST PATCH (RELEASED ON THE 15TH) AND MAKE SURE YOU MARK WHICH SETUPS HAVE MEWTWO. SETUPS WITH MEWTWO ARE ENCOURAGED TO BRING THEM.

Gords

Smash Champion
so a soft ban is actually just an outright Ban with a reminder that a gentleman's rule exists.

Hoe4u

Smash Cadet
This is for the tournament on the 19th! In Sydney.

Is there anyone else without a partner who wants to team? I'm from London and will be in Sydney this day! It's a shame it isn't a singles event but regardless I'm a Pikachu main and very solid at doubles. One of the UKs stronger players!

If you're hesitant my smash tag is 'Hoe4u'. I've been on 'NintendoUK's twitch stream and their YouTube channel for making it to grand finals against the 'beast 5' champion 'Jmiller' and that's without even owning the game at the time and using my Brawl knowledge.

I played against Eight, Aiba, Dainko and Gaki in Japan last Week! Took games off of Eight losing more, consistently 2 stocked Aiba, went even with Dainko and lost more to Gaki. These are all stronger players of their community.
If anyone wants to team hit me up! I land in Sydney tomorrow afternoon!

If you can house that would be awesome but I'm not expecting too much I have reservations as a backup!

I play SSBWiiU & Project M now you might find me under youtube as 'katy B'

Last edited:

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
This is for the tournament on the 19th! In Sydney.

Is there anyone else without a partner who wants to team? I'm from London and will be in Sydney this day! It's a shame it isn't a singles event but regardless I'm a Pikachu main and very solid at doubles. One of the UKs stronger players!
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You just want that Pikachu exp don't you Shaya? :bee:

inb4 Moxie & @Enemy suddenly show up and start dominating NSW in doubles <33333

Last edited:

Scarpian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scarpian
Shoutouts to Skyloft and 'Sneaky Falcon :4falcon:'

This is Kira's(partner) reaction to 'Sneaky Falcon':

sorry :/ lol

Also shoutouts to Hoe4u: It was great talking and playing with you man, VERY good Pikachu. Congratz on 2nd in Wii U doubles!

Have a safe trip! :)

Last edited:

Zero

Smash Hero
He'll never see it coming ¬_¬

Shoutouts to Mewtwo 6ways + Link on various laughable stages <3

:GCLT::GCLT::GCLT::GCLT::GCLT::GCLT::GCLT::GCLT::GCLT::GCLT:

No bobomb emote? Shame on you Shmashboards.

Top Bottom