• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

Gords

Smash Champion
Do the Americans still play their tourneys with the ledge grab rule and if is so how many grabs do the set it at?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I agree with the MK-only ledge grab rule. I'll be going to this with Billy/Booker, since we're going to a Sharks game the night before. I'll be more than happy to show anyone the first half of the Thriller dance in-between matches.
Melee hype.
Nah actually general hype.
<3 Cao
<3 Sydney
H8 my stupid posts.
stfu nova.
Loser.

ANYWAY
I really have no comments regarding the whole ledge grab thing.
Just that MK is a loser.
I also need to know how to change my name, because like the "Meta" part of it makes people think I use him.... *CRIAYE*

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Btw S.D, are you planning on showing up for meree love this tournament?
I have no idea about anything melee related from yourself (or any of the other sole melee guys either).

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I dont know about you scoot, but if I recall correctly, DEHF has been timing many meta knights out recently with the power of shdl and side bing away. He is employing what you would call stalling tactics.
well its DEHF we are talking about here, so its not side bing, its side bling mofo's

S.D

Smash Master
Btw S.D, are you planning on showing up for meree love this tournament?
I have no idea about anything melee related from yourself (or any of the other sole melee guys either).
Yes I plan on being present and doing melee.

I'll let all the melee guys know about this by other means.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Hey, just a question. Are we allowed to use the same character in more than one tier? I know you can use characters from that tier or below, so like, can I use Captain Falcon in all three tiers if I wanted to (lose)? Or do we have to use different characters for each tier?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I think you can use whoever you like, aslong as its not above the tier you're currently at. =)

Although I'm not sure, ill let shaya answer that for you lolol

dam i really wanna come to this... =<

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
lol n1 toby. ;)

95% confirmed for participation.
100% confirmed for equipment providan.

tedeth

Smash Master
dman Proby that sounds awesome. I would have liked to check that out if I wasn't hanging out with a bunch of nerds all day playing video games. :p

Good luck dude.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I just tried to imagine a tourney without toby, it was horrible, a hellish nightmare where shaya ran free and unchecked and the level of cool had BEEN DRASTICALLY REDUCED.
were it not for the timely arrive of ted, I would have been burned in the fires of shayas deciet and lies!

I remember last tourney that toby was at fondly, he had to play shaya and shaya was all like 'keikaku doori' and toby was like '**** you, kurayami nara kocchi no mon da' and cut the lights out with a sword, and preceeded to 3 stock shaya, win life and take off every zig.

needless to say that was the best day of my life, and I'm the biggest douche shaya knows because I similed happily upon conclusion of said match ;)

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
You can use Falcon in all 3 :).

So in Low Tier you could use Falcon,
In Middle Tier you could use Fox and Falcon
and in High tier you could use FALCON AND META KNIGHT.
Cool, thanks for the info. This'll probably be more help to my friend who only knows how to play two characters =)
And the tiers are gonna be using the new tier list right? So high tier is S-B, middle tier is C-E, low tier is F-G?

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
I remember last tourney that toby was at fondly, he had to play shaya and shaya was all like 'keikaku doori' and toby was like '**** you, kurayami nara kocchi no mon da' and cut the lights out with a sword, and preceeded to 3 stock shaya, win life and take off every zig.
I believe you forgot to mention how upon cutting out the lights, the electrical current was transfered from Toby's sword into an incredible bolt of lightning, which procceeded to hit the Hindenburg and bring it down in flames. Nice work Toby you helped to crash one of the worlds best air ships, you *******.

Once again S.D, Toby decides to leave us and prevent the formation of the triforce of commentary, one day though we will succeed and the world will be a happier and funnier place.

Finally Toby I hope you take a falcon kick to the head. That is all.

Toby.

Smash Master
But then when I cut the lights with the sword there was glass all around me and in my bed so I couldn't move.

Then my dad came in and said told me to get my feet of his furniture. Then he picked up the cards and threw them away because we didn't know what the hell we were talking about.

When I win the tournament I'll make sure the last punch is a falcon punch. I would prefer a falcon kick to the head, but I'll try for the punch.

Ted next time I hear about a tournament I'll let you know. It would be pretty lols if we had a smash brothers contingent :p

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
But then when I cut the lights with the sword there was glass all around me and in my bed so I couldn't move.
see you think your funny *******, but only you me and ted will get this joke anyway.

well maybe toby wont come, but I bet ninja tobi will righttttt?

also where the **** did ilag goe, havnt seen that kid in ages...
I miss the poor little fella

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I am geting a lot of ... hmmm... information? that points to this tournament actually having quite a large influx of new players coming!
And also a lot of players who may not have been able to attend tournaments often before!

So... yay :D

Toby.

Smash Master
I am sad that you aren't going Toby :(

Good luck with your endeavours :)
Thanks Anthony :)

All this lack of tournament attendance will only make my sudden return more dramatic anyway. Ideally, I'd be off the PR so all these new players will won't have any idea who I am. That would make life quite exciting - at least for the day =)

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
I'm a gonna beat you this time Scoot, maybe. I will certainly be getting my PR spot back though. Row Row fight the power...

Also I think the winner should get a CYCLONE JP, make it happen. For anyone who doesn't know CYCLONES are the greatest invention of the past thousand years, forget medical improvements and petty little things like the printing press. The CYCLONE is where it is at.

Imagine yourself sitting, unsure of what your purpose in life is. Suddenly on the horizon you see something moving fast, almost to fast. It is coming towards you at break neck speed, all your indecision suddenly disapears you know what you have to do. Your hand reaches out and plucks the CYCLONE from the air. It's influence is incredible you feel yourself becoming a better, smarter person. This is the power of the CYCLONE, don't doubt it for even a second or you will be on the fast lane to hell.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I pyew pyew all over Donkey Kongs since I had so much experience on Don. =P

The moral of this story is: if you're not the DON, your DK won't beat me.

And if it does, well I'll do something stupid to embarass myself. <3

Though I do that all the time by myself anyway.

Top Bottom