• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
screw a monday tourney, thats gay not maybe people could make that (ok maybe they could its holidays) sydney peeps should come to my massive meet
details here http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8935617&postcount=757
(it better actually get a good ****ing turnout this time) I will organize lifts to and from train stations or the jolimont bus depo (because catching a bus from central to canberra is cheaper and easier, more comfatable and safer, then a ****ty train that is made of ****. also I can house people too.

of course its on the 6th so if you came you'd probably be late for a monday tourney is you made it at all.

so you could
A. come to mine and miss a tourney
B. come to mine and get there late for a tourey (maybe shaya would be willing to do a tourney where the first half of the day is muck around events and firendlys and the second half is a quick tourney.)
C. come to mine, and shaya can come to and not host a tourney (will make people like ilag rage)
d. not go to mine and go to shayas tourney
e. go to nothing, that'll teach em!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Monday tournament has been in discussion for a while now `-`.

This was meant to be the pre-squat tournament, as the dates prior weren't available.

Just discussing times with the venue peeps now...

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Holy **** luke i am so coming Saturday for that meet!!!

And staying for the monday meet!!

Toby we need Burger Fuel Sunday!! I'll like...get to your house somehow XD

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I will organize lifts to and from train stations or the jolimont bus depo (because catching a bus from central to canberra is cheaper and easier, more comfatable and safer, then a ****ty train that is made of ****. also I can house people too.
On that note, do you know where the airport is? I know it exists... (I have no chance of going; no money either way. Just curious.)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Ill come along to anything Ricky goes if I'm up at sydney around the time, should be most likely. Ill shout Luke and Ted nandos if we come across one to make up for my mistake last time.. Still really sorry about that =/. I felt pretty terrible...

Anyways I'll be using my new main too : D who might be alot better then my rob, haha

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Tournament on the 7th is confirmed.

Yes, that is a monday.

I have the room booked from 10-8, but I will be planning to have things finishing at around 6. This all depends on how quickly doubles can be done, pools may not occur this time around.

Pre-tournament fun time activity?
Think up one guys.

-

Get back to me on melee Tim/S.D/etc.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
A game involving physical activity that's quick and can cater to 15 or so people?

...are there even parks nearby?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
There is a park reasonably near by.
Check first post's map, it's on the corner of coward and botany.
Even says "Memorial Park".

There's also another park up towards the train station also in green, but it's like fenced,
and the rugby players will wanna bash you or something, i don't know.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Too bad I'm banning friendlies in the morning due to them always slowing things down and making me feel like the minimum time before a tournament event can start is 11:30 because of them.

No more hiding behind walls/pillars and me having to specifically call peoples names to register.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Will definetly be coming to this. I think it is a good idea to ban friendlies early because it did waste a lot of time last tournament.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It really was all your fault conner.

ALL YOUR FAULT.

I'm happy for there to be anything going on that occupies minimal tvs, can be watched and enjoyed, etc etc.
Even though most do not like it, something like Duelist Pro would be great.
Some sort of Crew thing would work too.

Out of the PR players,
I don't believe Luke nor Toby can make it. And of course D0N as well.

However, this tournament will be reasonably important in PR terms. There's a whole new slot to take up in D0N's absence, and there's too many people who are close together in borderline for us to just decide on it.

GAME ON.

With Luke's absence is 2/3 TVs. Even though atm I have -4- tvs im bringing (1 is eas). blah blah blah.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
I'm off work on the monday so I should be able to make it. If I can get a lift...

...Sam? :3

IMO Andrew will make his glorious return to the power rankings once D0N goes.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
If there's a spot in any car going down, I'd like to fill it :3

I will repaid you with the lifting of equipment :D

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I still haven't got that dollar

That means I get a free trip, right Sam?

RIGHT?!?!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Maybe... in the -morning- only.

Just something BETTER has to happen than what has happened in the past during the 10am onwards period of setting up and trying to register everyone.

If everyone pre-registered properly and also told me who they were teaming with, etc (holy AiB guys) things would go faster.

Even though I don't think this tourney will have astronomical attendance, so there shouldnt be too much stress. And pools will be cancelled depending on how quickly everything is done in the morning.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Have stated attendance on AIB. Teaming with gopobox as だんご大家族, if he doesn't go then I'm not entering doubles, will enter Melee instead.

Top Bottom