• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman
So it looks like I can come to this.

<--tourney virgin, be nice pl0x.

EDIT: I can bring a wii, but I doubt there's much point since there are already more wiis than TVs.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
priceless
Why do people assume I like chain grabbing just cause I use ice climbers?

link to post? edit: im dum lol
edit2: lolwat tim, I was talking about an old rule against chaingrabbing in that post. nice editing skilz bro.

EDIT: I can bring a wii, but I doubt there's much point since there are already more wiis than TVs.
No, you should always bring what you have, you never know who hasn't said they're taking a TV or whatever. There's been times when we've ended up with more TVs than Wiis. :p

swordsaint

Smash Master
Luke, you should drop your stuff off at the tournament hall first, then come and pick EA, Gords and I up plox?

The train gets in to Mascot at about 10:30 dead on, and we'll have 3 t.vs. >_>

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah first timers dont need to bring wii's, just make it as easy for them as possible, once he gets to know us then we ask him to contribute.

yeah scooter thats the plan, woulda been nice if you guys let me know I'd get getting more then EA rather then just assuming, but then again its not like its a big deal anyways.

and if its only 3 of you I can drag toby along for the drive so I know where I'm going ;)

swordsaint

Smash Master
i think we had assumed you'd know because we had discussed some things on the boards about travel and whatnot, and where people are staying etc

sorry if we didnt let you know sooner

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah its ok, I just havnt gone to bed yet and I'm a bit cranky...
ahh, I'm getting old...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Okay, after having some food, feeling human again, time to edit this post to avoid all the scary-crazy-shayaness.

Tomorrow morning a couple of us are having breakfast near my place, it's about half way the distance between my place (adjacent to Mascot Train Station but on Gardeners Road) and the bowling alley.
thus far its myself, ted, ricky and leisha I BELIEVE going.

We'll meet at my place (635 Gardeners Road) at 9:15 SHARP before walking down.
Call me on 0425 290 330 if you want to come/need directions from somewhere.

P.S. My phone is pretty dodgy, and if I have any ACTUAL PHONE CALLS on it, my battery goes flat in about 8 minutes, so use SMS' if possible (Ill be bringing my phone charger to the tournament... lol).

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so, ea gords scoot gopo and ilag want to be picked up from the station, first I'll have to drop everything off at the venue, then I'll come, its not a very far drive apparently and ilag is pretty small so we should be able to fit 4 in the back, so its all good. I dont know what time I'll be there though, 10 30 would be better, I might not be able to be there at 10 15. anyways getting ready and going, cya there guys.

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
yay first to post...

Tourney was good...

Food was good
Drinks were overpriced
Scott was late
Scott is gay (me and EA's team name ^^)
Venue was good
Laggy LCD TV was bad
Ticket evasion was good
Buying a ticket was bad ($2.80 for single to city for a child T_T)
Weather was alright...
Me SD'ing soo many times was bad
Me not deciding between marth and falco was bad
Me playing smash overall was bad
Seeing a prettier version of Shaya was good (his mum)
EA OWES ME 10 BUCKS

Overall good ^^

Me still not playing Tedeth is bad T_T

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Tournament finished... 2 and a half hours late...

Umm... melee bracket wasn't completed properly...

Planet Stereo v ATYEO? (winner = a)
a vs tim (b)
b v gords (c)
c v chicken salad (d)

meteor v d

tired
pizza

p.s. i won singles
sd won melee singles
ted and luke won brawl doubles.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah melee was fine, I beat stereo, then tim beat me

good day, shoutouts and **** later

ted is ****.

S.D

Smash Master
Tournament finished... 2 and a half hours late...

Umm... melee bracket wasn't completed properly...

Planet Stereo v ATYEO? (winner = a)
a vs tim (b)
b v gords (c)
c v chicken salad (d)

meteor v d

tired
pizza

p.s. i won singles
sd won melee singles
ted and luke won brawl doubles.
Sorry we must have stopped filling it out XD

OK from what I remember Atyeo beat Stereo who lost to Tim. Gords then beat Tim and proceeded to beat Chicken salad. Meteor vs gords in losers semi, meteor wins, progresses to play turtle, turtle wins, then I win in possibly the worst melee matches in the history of ******** smash.

Anyway, on another note, huge thankyou to JP, you've really outdone yourself getting this new venue and big ups for running a great tournament. Sydney is getting really competitive in Brawl now, it's actually really interesting to follow the brackets and every match is actually engaging, even for me!

I might shoutout later but it was cool meeting all of you I didn't know: Leisha (sorry my wii zapped you :(), Scabe (sweet link), Frankie, Silfa (sorry I used D3) and everyone else.

Special <3 to Ricky for the most orgasmic match in Brawl history, to Toby - partially for his hair and partially for everything else about him, and Turtle coz ur alright pal.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
S.D did the most awesome thing ...

he EDGE TECHED A WOLF DOWN SMASH AT 150%.

Brawl Singles:
1: Shaya
2: Toby
3: D0N
4: swordsaintscoot
5: Meteor
5: tedeth
7: Elypsis
7: S.D
9: SCAR1
9: Bjay
9: ATYEO
9: fruityman
13: Silfa
13: gords
13: e_alert
13: Scabe

1: Shaya ($213.00)
1: tedeth ($213.00)
1: Toby ($213.00)
1: swordsaintscoot ($213.00)
1: ATYEO ($213.00)
6: S.D
6: Meteor
6: SCAR1
6: Elypsis
6: e_alert
11: Scabe
11: gords
11: D0N
11: fruityman
11: Silfa
16: frank
16: turtle
16: chicken salad
16: leisha
16: Bjay
21: Melancholy_Aus
21: daz
21: planetstereo
21: dm
21: gopobox

Melee Singles
1: S.D
2: Turtle
3: Meteor
4: gords
5: Bjay
5: chicken salad
7: Toby
7: tim
9: daz
9: tedeth
9: Scabe
9: ATYEO
13: D0N
13: e_alert
13: Silfa
13: planetstereo
17: leisha
17: Melancholy_Aus

Brawl Doubles
1: Elysium (Tedeth + ATYEO) ($45.50)
2: Undeedeedeedefeatable (Shaya + S.D) ($13.00)
3: Konkey Dong (D0N + Elypsis) ($6.50)
4: The Amazing Misadventures of the squirtle squad and the earthbound buddies (Toby + Meteor)
5: LinDK (Scabe + Silfa)
5: Lazy Chicken Lobster Salad (Bjay + Chicken Salad)
7: Scott is Gay (gopobox + ea_alert)
7: Wifi Champions (turtle + ilag)
9: LOL we fail (Leish + Frank)
9: Team Billy (Melancholy + Tim)
9: I make friends offline (stereo + oliver)
9: Toony Fruiti (Gords + fruityman)
13: FunkFectiousNoob's (Rein + Seeeb)

fruityman

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the late post but...
THAT WAS THE BEST TOURNEY EVER!
Great turnout, good organisation, food was great, venue was spacey and well facilitated with TVs and Wiis, people were great, great fun and just about everything else about it was great.
Well done Shaya and everyone else who attended and helped out. Really awesome! <3

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Pretty happy to see this happening ths weekend as well. I'll bring my photography kit to immortalise the event.

Someome team with me for Brawl? I must warn you I don't play Brawl very much or even have the game... I don't have Melee either.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Stereo is incredible and awesome. Thanks for pretty much showing me around the place.
awwww, thats ok man...thanks for teaming with me - was king. We nearly beat Liam and Don on counterpick which was pretty special man
(sorry for uptilt killing you during that match)

Proper shout-outs later when i dont have huge assignments about to hack at my brain..

PS Best Quote of the Day:
Don: "Well Stereo, at least your good at the game that matters...POOL!"​

yeah day was good, venue was ****, waitresses were pretty dumb

free pool was sweet

matches were fun
This.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
got home at 130am missed the train going to wollongong by 5 minutes then had to wait till 11:10 to get the next one, hopefully the next tournament finishes 5-10 minutes earlier:dizzy: and please dont upload finals kthx.

S.D

Smash Master
They weren't half as terrible Toby, you didn't play too bad things just didn't go your way. You still looked hawt to me.

As for me and Turtle we both played like ******** chimps who were merely bashing at the controls with no coherent thought behind what we were doing. I like couldn't even l cancel half the time XD Don't think either of us could have played worse...

Sieg

Smash Champion
You guys have free Pool at your meets?

That's really awesome.

All we have is a cat named Gilley.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Boost V: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7519

Boost 4 results are uploaded, anyone register'd should only need to click accept a couple of times to confirm results.
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7399 <--- FULL BOOST4 RESULTS.

-

Over all the day was great, but the morning organisation could do with a lot of work.
The reason I promote AIB is not for discussion (which it is hardly used for by those who DO USE IT), but for helping me organise the tournament.

Doubles bracket didn't start yesterday until after 11:30, and I really want that fixed up.

I want people to PRE-REGISTER THEIR TEAMS, INCLUDING THEIR TEAM NAMES.

I literally want it to be so I can show up in the morning with a tio file and just double click after getting the payments. Registering with like a 75%+ majority already pre-reg'd speeds things up quite a bit; and boost4 had 50% of entrants pre-reg, which is good, but adding on that I think teams pre-reg'd would be very helpful.

I hope this is possible,
with Doubles obtaining a pot, the 'funsies random' pick out of the hat thing for doubles will hopefully stiffen up slightly.

Thanks all for coming to boost4, and I hope everyone has a good time and can come this week as well.

I may have to cut pools from singles with how things are; whilst reducing the amount of tournaments matches people get to play, it opens up more tvs earlier for friendlies and stuff...

Anyway pre-register NOW or something ;\

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well done to shaya for a great tourney, sorry for holding up the pools abit shaya, but I hope I redeemed myself by bringing equipment and helping you fix up the pools.

great venue, awesome people, get hype

also gilley is ****ing spaz, better then pool imo.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No hard feelings for that one Luke.

Just gives me room to improve in organising.

And definitely thanks for bringing the equipment and helping out with the bracket.
****IT SCOOT. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~___~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Can I have everyone figure out and pre-register their teams by this Saturday afternoon? At the latest?
kthx.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
No hard feelings for that one Luke.

Just gives me room to improve in organising.

And definitely thanks for bringing the equipment and helping out with the bracket
no worries shaya I got your back

always thanks to gopobox for making me a sig, I think its pretty mad and its not just a picture of my character standing there like alot of sigs are, its pretty unique and I like it.
<3 gopo!

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Shoutouts! :teeth:

Tedeth - I really wanted to play you, but I just never got the chance. :cry: Congrats on winning doubles with Luke though! :)

ATYEO - I didn't get to play you but it doesn't really matter since we live pretty close and play all the time. But yeah it would have been good to watch you play some other people.

Shaya - Thanks for hosting a great tournament. The venue/food/dumb waitress was win! Why did I have to get ***** by you first in Pools and then in the Brackets. :cry: Anyways they were good games :) Oh and congrats on winning in singles.

S.D - You had a ubermensch Diddy. Didn't you like three stock me on Yoshi Island or something? :mad: And then there was that match where like I came close to winning and then I S.D'd (see what I did there? :p) But even though it sounds like I'm raging I'm really not because I really had fun playing you. :bee:

D0N - I enjoyed the warm up doubles we had, and then later on I enjoyed the friendly singles we had. Thanks for teaching me that age old secret of DK. ;)

Elypsis - :confused:

Toby - It was a joy meeting you, as you were such a nice guy :) And yeah Link vs Pokemon Trainer was pretty epic. ******* Squirtle is too good for my poor Link :mad: :p

Meteor - You and Toby make a pretty epic team. Why did I want Brinstar as a counterpick? Yeah that's right, I saw that smile on your faces when I picked it :mad:

Scabe - I felt like a tourist taking photos. So I didn't take many, but now I kinda regret that I didn't take more photos. Especially ones with me and people in it. Overall I think I played well, and I enjoyed meeting and playing everyone :)

Silfa - Man we made an epic team...With a not so epic team name (WTF is LinDK?!) :mad: But yeah 5th place is pretty awesome! :chuckle:
Shame about all the DDD's you had to play against :mad:

Bjay - Great meeting you, your one of my favorite people that I met. Team battles were epic stuff. I know you wanted to learn all that Link stuff, and there was a couple times where I tried to get you so I could teach you but it just...:urg: Oh well, maybe another time. :(

Chicken Salad - Again, another favorite, you and Bjay were a great team. If only we knew we could ban two stages. Or else we would have gone Rainbow Cruise and Frigate Orpheon. Ah that last stock was so close. I almost had that ledge! Anyways, you were funny as and it was fun getting ***** by Jiggly in Melee. :chuckle:

gopobox - Fun warm up doubles we had...

ea_alert - I finally got my revenge and it was sweet. :p

turtle - :confused:

ilag - Sorry we couldn't play much due to having to do all those other matches. But I'm glad that I won against your MK with Link :chuckle:. I was getting sick of hearing you badmouth him so yeah it's an even better feeling when I win :p

Leish - It was cool meeting you, and such a shame I didn't get many ROB Huggles :p LOL at the Low tier chair. :chuckle:

Frank - Get an SWF account so you can see these shoutouts... But yeah it was good meeting you in person after many WiFi battles.

Melancholy - I enjoyed meeting you because you were such a nice person and a good sport! A couple of cool kills I got on that Battlefield against Game and Watch. Too bad I didn't save it on my SD card. :urg: Melee games were great too.

Tim - Cool playing you with Melancholy in doubles for both Melee and Brawl. Man your Melee tech skill really impressed me. :psycho:

stereo - I didn't get to Brawl you, but at least I got to play you in Pool. You have amazing tech skills in Pool I must say. :p

oliver - Cool talking to you but again shame that we never got to play. :ohwell:

Gords - Cool playing you in Melee, you've got some crazy skills with Sheik.

fruityman - Argh, your Sonic is way too good. :urg: But yeah epic games man!

Rein and SeeeB- Ah, funny that we went all the way to Sydney and we had to play each other in the doubles for the first round even though that kind of thing we could have easily done in ACT.

Scoot - Argh, good stuff on winning in Link dittos. :mad: Kinda makes me sad and rage. But oh well maybe next time :p

Top Bottom