• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
No its not, i have a fear of planes crashing xD (blames mum for making me watch those flight crash investigation shows >_>)

and lol you're nice scott xD -spams your msn-

Edit: oh okay, eeek dust storms =x hopefully they clear up by tomorrow haha,
I love flight crash investigation..

Its pretty awesome.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so shaya, how likely is it that there will be a tourney on the 4th as well, and will it be brawl or melee or both?

and if there is brawl there, cao team with me?

also frametraps, I've heard the term alot but dont know what it is, so can someone explain it please?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Will be on dependant on how good this weekend goes.

I think I've said many times already melee isn't my direct responsibility, ask S.D, I presume it's a yes though.

Frametraps are umm... moves that on shield are safe enough so that you're at the advantage if they unshield.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Coming into Sydney todays, but because of the duststorms yesterday, this could result with my flight being delayed D;

Hopefully not by too much. I hope the forecast in Sydney is good weather today (doesnt wanna fly in with cyclone winds again XD )

Bjay

Smash Lord
Weather is really nice so far. Apparently there was a chance of a dust storm today, and apparently a possible chance of one tomorrow, but looks like it didn't happen today.

I hope the same for tomorrow!

@EA - Both would be awesome, but I'm guessing we'll probably be focusing on one most the whole time? At least the waiting will be divided in half. :p Either way I'm cool with playing any of them. I haven't played any Melty in ages.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Yeah I heard from my sister that a dust storm was predicted today too, but it does look pretty good so far.

Personally I don't mind playing MBAC (I AM far better at it than MBAA...), but since Rocky's running MBAA I wanna focus on it if possible, plus it's a new game. :3

Sieg

Smash Champion
Plus he has that new game.

And he spent alot of money getting it. And time modding his PS2. And *****ing in the Melty thread about how it wasn't there.

Also it's a really cool game lol.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shaya - Wii+, 2 TVs, laptop
e_alert - Wii+, 2 TVs, laptop
planetstereo - 1 TV
meteor/leish - 2 wii+
S.D - 1 TV, wii+, cube
Gords - wii+
fruity - powerboards/extension cables (3each)
swordsaint - 1 tv, 1 wii
luke - 1/2 tv, 2 wii+

TVs: 7/8. Wii: 9 (8+).

IS ANYONE else able to bring a tv?
Ricky, you mentioned something about the chance?

D0N

Smash Ace
n.b. Bracket Matches are best of 3/5, as normal (3 starters).

This confuses me. Does it mean Yoshi's is a starter for pools but not brackets?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I don't sook.

No point, really.

Even if I'm on Battlefield, ted'll still own me.

fruityman

Smash Cadet
I think yoshi's might be counterpick because of the uneven ground
(No dair-spamming ganons/falcons T.T)
That, and the really high ceiling and narrow KO walls (or whatever they're called) gives some characters an advantage over one another.
That's my theory anyways.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's more that I am very adament the 'fairest' rules being the neutral is stage striking.
With the issue of there not being 5 readily acceptable neutrals in brawl, and stage striking requiring an odd amount of stages, etc.

But with pools, that's why YI is considered a 'temporary neutral'. Out of 4 options, two stages remain that can be played on.

Maybe as this ruleset evolves we can find the 5th neutral, OR perhaps have Yoshi's Island replace one of the other 3 (Final D perhaps) in the normal stage striking process.

-

Remember though that you guys can just do random for the three/four neutrals in your matches IF YOU PLEASE, but if one opponent chooses stage striking, you must adhere to it.

D0N

Smash Ace
Many TOs use lylat as the 5th nuetral just for stage striking. It seems wierd for yoshis not to be nuetral. It would seem even wierder for FD not to be nuetral. 5 choices seem better than 3 imo.

As some know, no stage is completely even for all characters, even FD (ex: Good for projectiles). Lylats issue is the stage tilts, meesing up some recoveries but not really by that much. Yoshi benifits some character's, but not anymore than the other nuetrals. Battlefield and Smashville have their pros and cons, but they seem the most nuetral imo.

You could just drop the stage strike idea and give 2 bans, one of which has to be 1 of the 4 nuetrals. There are 2 big stages and 2 small stages so it balences things out more I think. But yea, its your tournament. Do what you will. These are just thoughts.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah, but enough rage caused people to replace lylat with... POKEMON STADIUM.
Which most agree shouldnt be neutral.

Three and four works in this situation, but it could always change.

Went to the venue today and set up tables and chairs, 4th of October is pretty much confirmed now. Only reason it wouldn't go through is if we **** up big time this sunday.

Microphone + speakers set around the room ;), airconditioning, no wireless, pool tables there but not 100% if its free usage ;_;, fun times for all.

S.D

Smash Master
Banning nuetrals is generally not practiced. It's best to have all nuetrals available throughout the set. If we run with 3 nuetrals I would even argue that those stages can't be banned at all, only CP stages could be hit with the banstick. Again, just an opinion.

Edit: Venue sounds freaking amazing, I just hope I can find it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Princes Highway -> Gardeners Road -> Botany Road (YOU'RE THERE).

Bans are always done after the first match though, of course disallowing the bans of neutrals in the counterpicking scheme could be good... As it does give some nice high tier characters some good advantages... :D

But yeah

Pools matches:
One strike per player, matches played on the remaining two stages.

Bracket matches:
one strike per player, first match played on the remainder
COUNTERPICKING SITUATION

SO yeah, you cant -ban- a neutral for the first match.

S.D

Smash Master
Princes Highway is like, well out of my way I think.

Or at least google said it wasn't on my path.

I have to go through the tunnel and some other stuff.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Oh right.

Well, the place is 10 minutes or so drive from the city. Just best get yourself onto Botany road, which from getting out of the tunnel at randwick (near the 'Supercentre'), is easy to get to botany road from there.

A right, a left after a large block of real-estate 'unit blocks', a right towards some storage building, left at the traffic lights (only left/right), straight some, big crossangled intersection, go left onto botany, straight down, bam there.

S.D

Smash Master
10. Take the exit toward Pacific Hwy 0.3 km
11. Turn left at Pacific Hwy 13.5 km
12. Turn left to stay on Pacific Hwy 35 m
13. Take the ramp onto Gore Hill Fwy 1.5 km
14. Continue on Warringah Fwy
Partial toll road 4.7 km
15. Continue on Sydney Harbour Tunl 2.2 km
16. Merge onto Cahill Exp 0.7 km
17. Continue on Eastern Dstr 3.3 km
18. Exit onto South Dowling St 0.5 km
19. Turn right at Dacey Ave 17 m
20. Continue on Lachlan St 0.4 km
21. Turn left at Bourke St 0.9 km
22. Turn left at Botany Rd 1.9 km
23. Turn left at Gardeners Rd 0.2 km
24. Sharp right to stay on Gardeners Rd 0.2 km

549 Gardeners RdRosebery NSW 2018

That sound like a decent route?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
18. Exit onto South Dowling St 0.5 km
19. Turn right at Dacey Ave 17 m "A right"
20. Continue on Lachlan St 0.4 km "a left after a large block of real-estate 'unit blocks', a right towards some storage building"
21. Turn left at Bourke St 0.9 km "left at the traffic lights (only left/right)"
22. Turn left at Botany Rd 1.9 km "), "straight some, big crossangled intersection, go left onto botany, straight down, bam there. "
23. Turn left at Gardeners Rd 0.2 km ^
24. Sharp right to stay on Gardeners Rd 0.2 km ^

549 Gardeners RdRosebery NSW 2018

That sound like a decent route?
Sounds pretty right to me.

Bjay

Smash Lord
If you can give me a lift (from Strathfield) Sam I can navigate for you! *is shot*

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
That's a hard question to answer.
Hopefully it shall.

As I had confirmed today that its no 'kick out at 6pm', I wasn't too worried over having singles take on to 6.
Anyway, if 1pm lunch is over, 4 hours for singles should be enough. At least for a majority of it.

S.D

Smash Master
If you can give me a lift (from Strathfield) Sam I can navigate for you! *is shot*
I'm not sure I will personally be driving. I need to sort out details tomoz but Tim, Daz, Myself and Melancholy are coming together, if you're not too far out of the way they might be able to be persuaded to get you Bjay. But yeah, only one spot left and it isn't up to me :(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Attendance just jumped :o

And Tibs, whilst Final Destination is definitely a stage that doesn't give any inherent issues, it in itself, has shown to give unbelievable advantages to many characters in the cast beyond that of another stage (you think Marth on BF is worse than Falco on FD?). It is reasonable to say that even though it is such a basic stage, it is very un-neutral in match up skews.

Bjay

Smash Lord
I'm not sure I will personally be driving. I need to sort out details tomoz but Tim, Daz, Myself and Melancholy are coming together, if you're not too far out of the way they might be able to be persuaded to get you Bjay. But yeah, only one spot left and it isn't up to me :(
Oh no it's cool I was just kidding! XD

I assumed your car was full anyway, with TVs and what not too. Cheers though Sam! :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Princes Highway -> Gardeners Road -> Botany Road (YOU'RE THERE)
actually princes highway comes onto some road called something else, which turns onto something else which becomes gardenerers road, botany road connect to gardeners but from a different direction, l2directions

no wonder you got lost in canberra, I mean cmon who gets lost in canberra

also princes highway will really only help people coming from wollongong.

also depending on when I get away, traffic and of course if I get lost, I could be there anywhere from 10 to 10 30 (maybe even 11 if I am unlucky)

so EA if you want me to pick you up from the nearby train station, you should probably get there around 10 30
also pm me your number.

Zero

Smash Hero
sigged LOL

or should I say..

sieged LOLOL

HAHAHAH look what I found just a lil' bit underneath.

Hurr, I won't be able to go this saturday if the first one is then, though, sadly. Going up to Maitland to kick Zero's *** (expect videos :D). Although, speaking of schedules, I wonder how well this will mesh with the upcoming biweeklies; hopefully they won't clash.

Regardless, this is awesome.
He proceeded to lose that money match 3-0, lololol, 5-0 if you count the sets we played anyway.

Top Bottom