• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
AIB is lame.
They're taking more than like 5 years to accept results.

1: tedeth (Wario, Wolf)
2: Earla (Meta Knight)
3: Shaya (Marth)
4: luke_atyeo (Snake)
5: Scabe (Link)
5: Meteor (Sonic)
7: Silfa (Donkey Kong)
7: S.D (Diddy Kong)
9: Zero (Zero Suit Samus)
9: Nova (SheikZelda, Snake)
9: SummonerAU (Kirby)
9: Bjay (Wario)
13: Gords (Toon Link)
13: FTS (Donkey Kong)
13: Nicks (Wario)
13: gopobox_s2 (Falco)

Melee Singles

1: CAOTIC
2: S.D
3: dekar289
4: Kulla
5: Unreon
5: Turtle
7: Zxv
7: Berimbau
9: Bjay
9: Earla
9: Gords
9: Jelly
13: Meteor
13: Mi1oo
13: tedeth
13: Silfa
17: Scabe
17: Daz
17: Nova
17: Shaya
17: Melancholy_Aus
17: Isorropia
17: Zero
17: brownie
25: luke_atyeo
25: Druckey

Brawl Doubles

1: Team Mustard of Secrecy (Earla + Nicks)
2: Elysium (tedeth + luke_atyeo)
3: Tripping Tipper Balls (Shaya + S.D)
4: Hyrule Kings of Swing (Scabe + Silfa)
5: Stale Moves (Nanda + Stray_)
5: Skilled Beauty (Meteor + Zero_)
7: kings (dekar289 + Nova)
7: Immortals of Intensity (FTS + Zxv)
9: Eastern Sexiness (Melancholy_Aus + SummonerAU)
9: Toon Titans (Gords + Fox Is Openly Deceptive)
9: Trouble of the Destined Sons (Turtle + Isorropia)
9: HUGGLES (e_alert + LeishaChu)

Melee doubles

1: Toothpicks (CAOTIC + S.D) ($31.50)
2: Death of the Indecent Immortals (Dekar + Turtle) ($9.00)
3: Cabin Boys (Pat + Kulla) ($4.50)
4: Team Random (Daz + Zxv)
5: Betas (unreon + jelly)
5: Elysium (tedeth + luke_atyeo)
7: Obese Randomness (Mi1oo + Melancholy)
7: The Revenge of the Skilled Son (Scabe + Silfa)
9: Whatever (Earla + Gords)
9: Sailors (Nova + Druckey)

No one should look at the payout values for anything accurate.

tedeth

Smash Master
Yeah I was going to ask Scoot if he still wants to be on the PR but he blocked me DESPITE me being one of the few people who actually gives a **** about what he says or thinks.

How ironic.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Melee Doubles said:
The Revenge of the Skilled Son (Scabe + Silfa)
What the? I don't remember that being our name! :p

We were "The Hyrule Kings of Sing!"

Also, how many entrants were there for Brawl?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Some amount Scabe.

Gords, those remarks was completely uncalled for, really.
No one should be spouting offensive crap. Rude statements like that are counterproductive.
If you and the others of late need to continue bickering, you should go elsewhere to do it and discontinue being apart of the scene.

This is beyond just trolling and spamming, but these things are what causes the escalations.
Your attitudes are scaring off activity from others and potentially new players as well.

Also someone left a wiimote (with a cover) and a wii power cable/box whatever behind my white TV on Sunday.
No one's claimed it yet though... :| But I have it.

tedeth

Smash Master
Shaya please answer Scabe's question properly. I'd also like to know.

Also the only person I have ever heard of quitting the scene because of someone's attitude is Forky (Was it Forky?) because of yours.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Shaya, what happened to my Wiimote (I just want to be 100% certain about what happened to it, Andrew said S.D has it or something).

S.D

Smash Master
Shaya please answer Scabe's question properly. I'd also like to know.

Also the only person I have ever heard of quitting the scene because of someone's attitude is Forky (Was it Forky?) because of yours.
It actually happens more often than you might think, some people just prefer not to announce their qualms publicly and quietly disappear...

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Also someone left a wii power cable/box whatever behind my
I'm 99% sure that's mine as I unpacked my bag and that was the only thing missing. I have 3 Wii's in my house though so it's no biggie, but the next Sydney event I attend I'll just ask you to bring it for me.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
S.D left before finishing, so I didn't have the opportunity to pass it to him.
Yes I definitely have your wii mote and nunchuck Summoner.
It is situated behind my stationairy white TV which is currently on playing FE4.

Metanova, make sure you like remind me day before, big text type stuff :D.

-
Pretty much what S.D has said.
I've noted people who stop coming to tournaments or posting on the boards and have often talked to them about why...
You'd be surprised how many of them do not say "got bored of the game..."

What I'm getting at is, we're meant to be a friendly and social community. When we often have people going against those goals, for their egos, for their "lulz/trolling" or for their vendettas - things go sour, tournaments stop being fun. I'm not happy for this to continue.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Been away for a week came back and read the thread... LOL.
But I digress, so when's the next tournament I'm a gonna pwn all you noobs.
THAT JUST HAPPENED

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Did anyone happen to find a spare wiimote laying around? =x It had the plastic grip on it, and yeah I'm pretty sure i left it at the venue or someone accidentally took it.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Shoutout time :D

Shaya: Thanks for running the tournament. While I wasn't there to see the finish, I enjoyed the whole day regardless of how tired I ended up being. I liked how you did the 4 wildcards by making a death pool.

EA: 1-1 again, too bad you sorta fell apart in the tiebreaker. It seems we always end up in the same pool. Kirby vs Ice Climbers really sucks, although I think I went better in the matches than I had previously. It was fun playing you

Scabe: Again, thanks for the replays you sent me. That last match in pools was too good. That one match could have saved me from playing 3454655 others. Congratulations on 5th as well, unfortunately I didn't get to see any of the bracket matches you played but I thought you were going well in those friendlies at the end. I'm sure you'll keep repping Link and I hope you can place higher and higher in the future. Also, our doubles matches were fairly close and fun too :D

FTS: It was fun to play you again. Why are DK players so cool?

Luke: Nice work with the ACT scene, 4th, 5th and 7th is very respectable. You almost ended up with pizza all over your head. I'm pretty silly not asking you to move. While the bracket match we had was 2-1, I don't think I was close at all so I'll have to ask you about Snake sometime in the future.

Ricky: I'm too slow :( Congratualtions of the 5th place with all Sonic. Was that the first tourney you'd gone all Sonic?

Silfa: I still haven't played you outside of doubles(I think?) but whenever we play in doubles it's always fun. Nice work with 7th in Singles and 4th in Doubles. Why are DK mains so cool?

Gopo: First time I played you at a tournament. Unlucky with Falco in the first game we played. Why did you decide to play Kirby in the second?

Iso: I went into the Olimar matches thinking "Let's not get pivot grabbed" and it seemed to work. Unfourtunately that involved not touching the main platform on Battlefield. Curse you for making me semi interested in another fighting game >:|

Zero: I wish we had of met up in the bracket so I could have knocked you out myself :bee: Thanks for driving me down to Sydney. Those roadtrips are too good althought my throat disagreed with me at the time. Sydney traffic getting @ us.

Milo: Nice work on 13th in melee. I reckon if you keep it up you'll place even higher in future events.

Melancholy: Eastern Sexiness was too good. It was really fun teaming with you again and we always seem to get amazing random names from TIO. Thanks for bringing Silver and a GBA even though I ended up not bothering with the trade :]

Nanda: Fun friendlies at the end of the day. Some cool stuff happened.

Kirby: <3

The venue people who gave me another pizza after I dropped it: <3

Everyone else:

<3

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's arrogant to change the subject from something IMPORTANT; especially as you're using Scabe's post to do so. The amount of people at the tournament is something small in comparison to the bigger picture. Your first attempt failed as S.D came in, and your second one is just enough to start the drama. Good work, as I said.

tedeth

Smash Master
My first attempt at what? I wasn't attacking you, I was just indicating a point in time where you drove someone out of the scene, as that was the topic you brought up as if you were never the culprit of acting arrogant and bring a general **** to people.

I'm aware that we all instagate rage every now and then, but the way you talk about it is as though you never do it adn it's everyone elses fault. And you were just plain rude to Scabe when he asked how many people were in the tourney, even though he's like, the nicest guy on the planet.

EDIT: I also don't think SD was defending you or attacking me, just giving input that it happens surprisingly often. Just because it happens often doesn't mean that you weren't responsible on that occasion.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I've never even heard of Forky, so it must have been ages ago when everyone disliked Shaya.

Shaya changed for the better. Way back when I didn't actually join the scene earlier because I had some run ins with Shaya before ever coming to a tournament, he chilled out and he's one of the nicest guys now.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
God, how many times do you guys need to realise that it needs to put the lotion on the skin else it gets the hose again? :mad:

Got a problem, take it to PM's or MSN, NOT HERE. Do we really need to close another Sydney thread so you can take a few deep breaths?

Next post from ANYONE about the approaching drama will end up getting this closed.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I am pleased by Earl's placing, while a little suprised by Scabe's placing. I'm off to have some tea and scones now
Yeah I'm surprised I didn't get first too. I gotta stop sand bagging. :p

Also, thanks Ted for that, since I needed the number of entrants to put up in the Link tournament results. :)

unreon

Smash Ace
Melee doubles

1: Toothpicks (CAOTIC + S.D) ($31.50)
2: Death of the Indecent Immortals (Dekar + Turtle) ($9.00)
3: Cabin Boys (Pat + Kulla) ($4.50)
4: Team Random (Daz + Zxv)
5: Betas (unreon + jelly)

5: Elysium (tedeth + luke_atyeo)
7: Obese Randomness (Mi1oo + Melancholy)
7: The Revenge of the Skilled Son (Scabe + Silfa)
9: Whatever (Earla + Gords)
9: Sailors (Nova + Druckey)
I think those should be switched around. Jelly and I beat Daz and ZXV in teams. Then I took over for Pat when he left and Dr Beardface died fast, haha (sorry Kulla for sucking D:).

Dekar289

Smash Hero
<3 to all
special <3 for sd for housing, what a pro
and shaya for housing

what we learned from this tournament: zxv is the highest level newcomer in smash history and it will not be long before he is the best in australia/the world

we also learned peach is cheap
and climbers are cheap because there aren't any in melb
lol

hmm.... turtle and all marth vs ICs guides say d-tilt and fair is the key
and by the key i mean the only thing to do in the match
next time.... <3

highlight of the weekend was the blackjack hand where all on the one hand, SD and I get blackjack, turtle bets $20 and gets two kings, splits them, gets a queen and a jack to have 2 twenties, dealer has a 4 or some ****, turtle stands to win 80 bucks, dealer flips over a jack, gets a 7 to end up on 21, turtle dies inside

Nova

Banned via Warnings
highlight of the weekend was the blackjack hand where all on the one hand, SD and I get blackjack, turtle bets $20 and gets two kings, splits them, gets a queen and a jack to have 2 twenties, dealer has a 4 or some ****, turtle stands to win 80 bucks, dealer flips over a jack, gets a 7 to end up on 21, turtle dies inside
I have been telling people for years that SEVEN is an evil number.

I always lose with it in card games. Always. It either destroys my hand in some way, or someone else gets one and it destroys me. Abolish SEVEN from all card games.

Also I had no idea Zxv was even at the event. Vlargh I wanted to meet him. :(
GAWD I was out of it the whole event.

Top Bottom