• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I'd like to see how these recent tourneys have affected the PR. I'd assume that extra spot open after D0N's leaving us would indefinitely be filled by Andrew, and I doubt he'd be mere tenth either. =/

Shoutouts when I get the chance.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Um, the only person I didn't use Falco on was Gords. I used MK and Snake on him, and it was the very first game. Both characters I used ONLY once, and don't really count towards anything.

So in terms of what characters made my placement, 100% Falco.

Is the bracket uploaded on AIB?

swordsaint

Smash Master
Shaya - Aside from what I said (complained) before, good job. You and Ted are still just a cut above me. I can always get close, but you guys can always close the deal. I'm getting there though!

Ted - Sorry about teams dude, I was so beat up by that point I couldn't really keep my eyes open properly. Also sorry about singles, I couldn't beat Shaya for you. </3

MTR - Again, as I said before. You always give me the most intense matches. PAAAAAAIIIIIIN.

Liam - I think ... best describes this. :p You keep making promises you don't deliver. ;) GGs man. Actually thought you would've got me this time. (Even if I did SD)

Zero - You're such a pro. A Stunning ZSS always keeping even the best on their toes. I can't think of anything else to say, but still you're improving so much. Just another guy to be worried about. :)

EA - I'm seeing some niiiiiiice things. Keep it up you'll be pushing the best to their limits as well. Instant pivot grabbing is gay and you should be ashamed. lulululz

Toby - You say everyones just figured out PT, but that's not the truth and you know it. You haven't been sleeping the best lately and haven't had much time to practice/play. So instead of mis-leading people and telling them their good, just admit you're not at your best. ^_^ It's much more cruel to have people get some confidence and then rip it down when you're on form. XD

Gords - Random is not the way to go to practice your basics. That is all.

Zxv - I love your style. It's effective and it's fun to watch. (Ted? Shaya? <3) I have to repeat what most people say but with enough practice and experience you'll be hanging with the best.

Good tournament Shaya and Zero! Much more lax than usual so I had fun! I wasn't feeling the best though, but it was nothing to do with the game/tournament. Overall skill level was still pretty high and anyone who made a wrong step probably could've seen themselves out the top 8.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
This was a very fun tournament, thanks to zero and shaya for organising it. The switch-main tournament was different and fun, although I probably would have preferred low tier cause I would have been far less ****. The Ganon challenge also deserves special mention. Shoutouts.

Zero: Thanks for organising the tournament was good fun, our friendlies were also enjoyable hope to play you more next year. Thanks for the card and candy.

Shaya: Don't think I played you in singles at all, you are a bit of a noob though so meh. Nice work winning again.

EA: ZOMG first time I have played against Ice Climbers, probably some of the most intense matches I have ever played. Thought it was gonna be relatively easy after the first match, then i got grabbed lol. I was worried about choosing Snake, especially after you got the first stock, lucky for me you got hit by forward smash somehow.

Ted: Probably should have taken our matches slightly more seriously. Choosing Ike in the second match was probably not the best decision I could have made.

Ricky: Hah you didn't get to knock me out of this tournament.

Scoot: Yeah obviously I decided to wait until next year to crush you lol. You destroyed me pretty hard in our matches even after killing yourself lol, nice work.

will finish shoutouts later.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
What's that I hear? No more tournaments until next year? Oh no! That's simply horrible!

You know what though, there IS a solution. This saturday, for one day only, you, that's right, each and EVERY one of you all, has the chance to experience the magic that is known as blazblue.

Indeed, a game that is easier to play than melee, yet with depth and skill far beyond that of brawl, such a game exists, and can be yours to play.

tl;dr: bb meet on saturday. details: http://www.ozhadou.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4574

Anyone who's even remotely interested in the game and can make it on boxing day, please come. If we don't get enough people (10 total) then the meet gets cancelled...just like the previous ones. -_-

I LAG

Smash Lord
ted just needs to pick up mk for shaya

he cant win with wario

shaya is teasing him by letting him win a few games so he will keep using wario

I LAG

Smash Lord
ted think of it this way

if u pick up mk then shaya cant jump

then that means MARTH CANT USE HIS FAIR!!!! OMG!!!! O.O!

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Some quick shoutouts:

Toby: I'm sorry. =( I was honestly expecting you to counter MK with MK after the first match.. good to see you show up at some point though. Stop being smash-emo....

Liam: I didn't get to knock you out. =/

Andrew: Good stuff with the tourney, did a nice job running it. I think we both probably learned a bit from our set, particularly the Lylat Cruise bit. Still, scared the hell out of me first match. In a good way.

Ted: Every tourney I'm feeling more and more confident I could beat you in singles, but now we never get to play in bracket. Lame.

Scott: God****. Bested me twice. Barely. You deserve it though, your Falco's coming along really nicely. Pretty soon you'll probably be able to take that set off of Shaya.

JP: HOLY ****! Did we just win.... a doubles tournament?! We had some pretty **** moments for once, and there was a minimal amount of killing each other too. When we did kill each other it was probably because the other team was failing to do so fast enough. ;) Congrats for singles too, while I don't think either you or Ted were on top of your game, you were still just that one grab release to tipper upsmash ahead. =P

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i just realised... 5 tourneys in the 3 months before christmas... i think shaya was trying to raise some funds hhahaha

Dekar289

Smash Hero
you're right attila

omg its xmas eve, major tourney at my house guys!
$20 entry for singles, $20 each for teams (i get to pick my teammate from attendees)
falco only, dreamland only (except I may play anything i want)
KEN, PC CHRIS, ISAI probably attending!* HYPE!
no refunds

*not attending

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
Not celebrating christmas is outrageous.

Santa is going to come and slap you.

So what special present did you buy for yourself shaya?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Nothing.

except maybe a few weekends off work.

I probably would have bought myself byron bay salsa, like maybe 15 jars of the stuff, as I don't have a heart to get hurt burn, but everywhere I searched qld there was none.

Nooooooooooooooooo

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's true. Every supermarket we went into while he was up here, he went in search of it.

4 hours til Happy Annual Gift Giving Day!!!

Top Bottom