• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
If she goes I clearly have to go. =P

Also can you please confirm the tourney date at least a week prior to it happening? Makes it easier to get the time off.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ahuh.

Anyway,
I think this is going to be the strategy for "week day tournament scheme":

Weekday tournaments are meant to run the shortest amount of time possible; focussing primarily on love and friendship.

1. Singles events only
2. Double Elimination Brackets only.
3. No pot/prizes (Either an entry fee that is taken and used at a more 'serious tournament' [like the one on the 31st to bolster the pot] or no entry fee at all. VENUE FEE OF COURSE STILL APPLIES).
4. If above applies, such 'serious tournaments' will have payouts up to tied 5th place.

5. Fun?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I dunno, I mean you can do what you like but weekday tourneys?

anyways have one the weekend after my one please

S.D

Smash Master
Ahuh.

Anyway,
I think this is going to be the strategy for "week day tournament scheme":

Weekday tournaments are meant to run the shortest amount of time possible; focussing primarily on love and friendship.

1. Singles events only
2. Double Elimination Brackets only.
3. No pot/prizes (Either an entry fee that is taken and used at a more 'serious tournament' [like the one on the 31st to bolster the pot] or no entry fee at all. VENUE FEE OF COURSE STILL APPLIES).
4. If above applies, such 'serious tournaments' will have payouts up to tied 5th place.

5. Fun?

Personally enjoy the monthly tournament scheme - adds to hype and anticipation and is regular enough. Just my thoughts...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well if the notion of the week-day tournament is to be more friendly based,

and the "monthly"/weekend has the built up hype of an extended pot and payouts to top 5.

The reason for extending to top 5 has it's merits,
Top 3 is quite a feat in today's current scene,
unless you happen to be 3 certain people.
top 5 extends payouts to 3 -more- people that have been quite varied throughout the past couple of months.

To make that extra 3 payouts worthwhile, there needed to be a bigger pot, yada yada.

So let's say that 20 people show up on this prize-less day, that's $100 for the 'biggie' tournament.
On the big day 30 people show up, making a pot of $250. Or if I were to increase the entry on that day to $10, a $400 pot.
This is quite an incentive for out of state attendance and hype and anticipation.

48/22/14/8/4/4
=
$192/$88/$56/$32/$16/$16

or if it was a $250 pot:

$120/$55/$35/$20/$10/$10

This isn't exactly my idea purely. At least not the payouts ratio scheme. It's an idea to throw around.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
support is a womans job scoot, your meant to say, 'hey man I got your back'

the idea sounds good to me, it means we're extending and building the scene, a few other things you should look into shaya are bigger/other venues, just in case, and also some sort of advertising, our smash scene is mad underground, how are people meant to find us?

also fyi I'll pretty much never be at a weekday tourney, having a fulltime job and all, but it'd work if people want it to.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Weekday tournaments can obviously only happen during holidays otherwise there would not nearly be enough attendance. I like the idea of saving the money for a bigger tournament, even though I won't be here for the big one this month to win all that money. ;) As I previously said, weekday tournament next week, do it.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Hey Toby, I got the first Gurren Lagann DVD from JB cause it was on sale. Also the shogi set arrived, be prepared for EPIC.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Ooh Shogi, always wanted to give that a shot. o:

support is a womans job scoot, your meant to say, 'hey man I got your back'
Is that why Shaya's the one supporting our smash scene? dohoho

Also I don't really know what you mean, the bowling alley is a massive venue, we hardly use any space as it is...

Shaydog, I like the idea, but what about adding like $1 to the entry and using it for a winner-takes-all prize at the casual? I know it's meant to be all fun and games and stuff but the impression I get from your proposal is that of a glorified (and expensive) meet, and we already have really frequent meets as it is. :/ A tiny prize might add a little bit of competitiveness and shake it up from the rote friendlies, just sayin'.

Also week after ACT works well for me.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hey Unreon, <3 Melee,

Definitely not intentionally neglecting it in anyway.
S.D is the main man for melee so his ideas relating to this are critical.
Now Kulla is back perhaps he should be scouted for getting input into all of this.

I did purposely say Singles only, not specifying a game. S.D may want to follow this scheme for zah HYPE himself.

-

Yeah a glorified meet :)

Maybe something like entry fee paid back / $1 buy in. Whatever.

-

This scheme even though I call it the "weekday thing" could follow on post-holidays if I attempt to maintain tourneys every 2ish weeks and one out of two/three has the pot.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
In coming with this new strategy comes with a new name for this "pseudo-important tournament".

WHO WILL BE THE KING?

The weekday tournament only available dates are the 21st (Thursday) or 22nd (Friday).
What would people prefer?

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Funking make it on Thursday I don't think I could make it on the 22nd. BTW Toby I don't have shogi with me it is at home, it arrived after I had left.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Does give some compelling evidence, as BDO is 22nd/23rd.

Even though,
you know,
the whole,
gamers,
thing.

Thursday - 2
Friday - 2.5? (Luke didnt exactly say he wanted a friday one)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
what? what didnt I say? I are confuse.

and whats BDO?

also 31st works for me, I'll see if I can get the crew to come along

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Thursday late night shopping makes things like getting Burger Fuel afterward easier/possible. I also don't want to worry about getting home before 2am the night before I travel. lawl

Thursday plz.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
toby still exsists? dude havnt seen you around in ages, you better come down to teds

Top Bottom