• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

Melancholy

Smash Ace
The tragedies of bracket-theory.

"I would have got the same placing (if not better) if I had lost my first match instead of winning it."
You wouldnt have placed better by losing.

Without the byes everything would have turned out a lot worse.

Whatever your goals are Alex, doing better by valour this time than before outweighs a number, and you should acknowledge that.
Eh, I'm mostly just annoyed at myself cause I could have easily beat Daren, but didn't. And seeing myself at the very bottom of the list even though I know I played better than that is disheartening.

There are plenty of positives I can take away from this tourney anyway. Also plenty of stuff to work on.

I might post some shoutouts or something later on.

BTW Gopo, did you get caught?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Iso, you shouldn't have been disheartened!
My friend Maurer knows nothing of being gay, except what I told him to do against EA on smashville, haha :D.

You could have had a normal fun match with the guy :'(

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i got caught. Forgot to mention that.
My mum got sms...
She kept continuing to call the school if there was something wrong...
My mum is like extremely pissed off at me and also i get monitoring from the school till mid way year 10...
And whos maurer...

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Eh, maurer wasn't playing gay at all, he was just playing metaknight. I just get frustrated when I make a correct prediction, take the appropriate action...and get dsmashed anyway. Kinda makes me feel like there's no point in trying/game isn't fun etc etc etc.

/whining about brawl.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Shaya: As usual, well done on first. Forgot to play you and live up to my warning, but we'll do it next time. :)
I liked the stage change. Greatly exaggerated by some, but in the end it was quite a balanced change. In the end people just need to learn how to use the current stages better in both selection and play.

Tedeth: Good Games as usual man. Always so close, but then you chomp down. (lol pun) The first set I have to apologise for, I dunno why I was acting so emo about being there. The first set was a good experience though, it let me know how to better pick stages for our losers final. As usual when I get so close to breaking third some weird thing happens to hurt me, always me fault. Not knowing Frigate Orpheons flip well enough was my fault, and therefore I can't john about it. ;)

I will john about the stage lifting when I was cging you though. XD Fun times. Looking forward to playing you next time.
Also. Teams. ****. <3.

Zero!! So on form yesterday. I came in to the match being awfully complacent about my characters advantage. I regret it. You have improved immensely and showed me how much you know the match up. And to be expected, it is your worst. As usual, you played smart as well, expecting me to spotdodge after an fthrow and replacing the regrab with a dsmash threw me off guard at the beginning. Well played.

EA: Well done. Your best placing yet. You had an easy bracket though, and one or two forfeit victories, plus you didn't play quite a few of the top players. (Who got awkward brackets). I'm not saying it wasn't deserved but you have a tendancy to rank yourself higher than you are when you do one good thing. You need consistency.

Ricky: Good games as usual man, I dunno why I was so emo playing you either lol. You're right about one thing though, I need to stop just saying I'm going to lose everytime I play you and get disheartened from it. Your MK surprised me yesterday. It has improved a lot since last time, and I'm sure it will next time. Can't wait to see how far you take him.

Gopo: Truanted school, did awesome, left early. So much improvement, congratulations defeating Liam. I can honestly say, NO-ONE expected it. Good games between us as well, I though I knew enough about the MK/Snake vs Falco matchup, seeing as I main Falco as well to make our games slightly easier, it didnt work and I was impressed. I would've loved to see what you could've done had you stayed.

Liam: Not anytime soon. :D

ZXV: New guy on the scene. You have some skill and a lot of potential.

Condog: Such a good teams player. Stock tanking with Kirby is like wuuuuut. Good work man. Good seeing you again, and had an awesome time on the train. =D

Melancholy: Good games. you're a nice guy. just dont go for that dthrow, jab regrab, doesnt work =/

All in all, good tournament. Had fun guiiiz.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Not a bad tournament although I'm quite annoyed at how I placed, also I placed better in melee than brawl???? I have a few shoutouts sorry if i can't remember anyones name but I suck with names.

Gopo: Well I certainly didn't expect to lose I guess thats what happens when you are over confident. You played really well you are good with the pew pew. I'll win next time though ;) I can't believe I won the second match when you had like a 120% lead and then I lost the third one when I had a 100% lead. Oh well, shame you had to leave.

Ricky: Why do you have to knock me out of every tournament ever. You should have stayed sonic so I could have won. Also I should have not used DK.

Scoot: How about next tournament. LOL. I figured out what I was doing wrong against Falco. It means I have to play MK not the way I like too, but in order to beat you I will do it :laugh:

ILAG: HOW DID WE EVEN LOSE A SINGLE GAME I WAS LIKE ZOMG THIS SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING.

Daren: First match was pretty close second match not so close. I had a bit of practice against the two other falco's before i played you.

S.D: At least we got to commentate this time was good fun. We both did pretty bad in brawl though and why weren't we playing in the doubles finals?

Shaya: You won, thanks for organizing the tournament.

Ted: You didn't win unlucky. I won't be going to SQUAT so I can't team with you sorry.

Zero: Good we got to have a few games and commentate. You played really well that day nice work. Go melee samus.

Turtle: Thanks for the advice when I was playing melee nice work getting second.

EA: I don't think I have ever played you in any tournament or friendlies for that matter. Next tournament hopefully we get to play. I will destroy you...

Condog: Good to see you the friendlies were fun.

Luke: Why weren't you there, it made me sad.

DON: If you were here we would have won teams :(

Toby: I hope you enjoyed work while everyone else was relaxing and playing brawl. I suppose you suck at brawl and you probably wouldn't have won a match judging from your performance in Melbourne, so maybe you can consider yourself lucky that you didn't come. You should really try and get better so maybe you don't get three stocked by everyone. Also you smell.

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
My Shoutouts....

Liam: Singles was really close... I didn't expect to win but i did ^^. Had no idea how i won the third match... I guess things happen when scott is next to you telling what to do... In doubles you owned us even after the epic spike... goodwork... you won't beat me next time... I'll be on the wii 24/7 ^^

EA: I really suck at team eh?? Sorry T_T.... Don't worry we can play like heaps of team matches and do crazy stuff... Didn't play much on the day.. But ROB's dsmash is the sex...

Scott: My teacher... You really helped me a lot by giving me tips while i was playing against liam. Wouldn't have done it without you... I was so happy beating liam and then you shattered me... LOL... Pretty ironic how you giving me tips on playing mk helped me play better against you... God i walked into the fsmash T_T...

Ilag: LOL 6 dthrows in a row.... Yeah i suck. Probably would get owned by a kirby when i play against one.... Nice work in teams. I met your mum ^^.... You would've done good if you stayed...

Andrew: Didn't play you at all except doubles... The bucket tactics that you used with melancholy were good... Nice on getting 4th place... Also fate/stay night visual novel did not work which is a shame.. T_T

Melancholy: Same to you nice doubles tactics... Me and EA still won =P. Didn't play you in singles yet. Should do so next tourney..

Ted: Shine <3 That's all I can say...

Gords: As usual played some friendlies with you... You're probably my favourite person to play against for some reason o_O...

Shaya: Thanks for hosting tourney.. Marth and falco T_T... Well I'm glad i dropped marth... Can't fair people in the face as well as you can... Gratz on winning...

Fakeman: YAY you came ^^. D3 is goood... You're pretty **** good at brawl for a melee guy...

Everyone Else: sorry i didn't mention you... probably because im a lazy ******* and i havent played you or something.... Great tourney overall.

gopobox: Don't jigg school again you idiot. You got caught :@...

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
If it's on the 20th I won't be able to go, not enough notice. (I'll still be able to host people, though.)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Yo Leish, drag Meteor over to my place tomorrow if you're free, greet zApollo like a boss and have some epic smesh. :B

*totally not going offtopic*

swordsaint

Smash Master
I like the idea. If there's one in the holidays, Nova will probably come. With a chance of Apollo showing up if we're lucky.

EA can come. I'll pay for him, lol.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oi shaya, I was thinking of hosting a tourney on the 24th of jan, do you reckon you can leave that date open, I'd love for some nsw dudes to come down

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Tournament on the 20th sounds like a good idea. Luke you better come so Toby and I can wreck you and Ted in doubles. Also seriously I'll do better in singles this time, I hope.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
*SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH*

Wish I lived in Sydney.
I hate Adelaide, so much.
I'm too lazy and poor to move.
URFGH.

Go Apollo! ^_^

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I'd pay just to watch it. ZSS scares me good. <3

Eh, well maybe. Zero, I think Apollo is meeting EA today for a smash meet while he's in Sydney for a couple of days. However, I'm gonna drag him to a boost by the end of the holidays. :D

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Sorry, Liam. No you won't. =P
You present a solid argument and I''m inclined to agree with you. Doubles will be different though. :)

Also we should have like some epic crew battles like Canberra vs Western Syd vs Eastern Syd vs Hunter Valley.

Obviously Eastern Sydney would win but that is no reason not to try it.

Top Bottom