• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Run a tournament during mid sem break, otherwise I probs can't turn up. Too much work and other tings to do. I'm giving you notice JP, make it happen. Or just run one in the uni holidays, that works to.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
i disagree with ea

if the fliers not visually appealing people arent really gonna give it a second thought.
layout has way more to do with visual appealingness than pretty pictures. anyone who knows anything about printed media will tell you the same.

also ****ing 0wned by andrew etcetc.

Toby said:
Holy **** a smash house sounds absolutely disgusting. How can you guys be playing this much smash and still feel like you're not getting enough?!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

LIVE YOUR LIVE
Hey, this sounds vaguely familiar, albeit quite more forceful. Toby 2g

patv

Smash Journeyman
Lol ea that's kinda what scoot is saying . Ur earlier post says u just make the right choice of wording and font style. But there's so much more to layout than those things. U can't just slap on an awesome type of font it doesn't do much unless u position everything well along with pretty pictures that explain what were all about. A picture is worth a thousand words. :p .

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
well yeah, ofc. what im trying to say though is that you can have a good flyer without images, but you can't have a good one without text. text > images. I assumed he was referring to images (rather than something more general like layout) since I made the comparison of text v pictuars from the start. so yeah, sorry if that assumption is wrong lol.

Gords

Smash Champion
poor Scoot, cant even defend himself.

i didnt get that assumption at all, i actually agree with scott and took it pretty much the same way as explained by Pat.

btw pat come to ACL in melbourne april 9-10th, wer can team as well.

patv

Smash Journeyman
Lol gords I don't have much money sorry buddy. And with ea it sounded like u said just put a slab of awesome text , and that anyone can do it . Lol this is my only contribution to smashboards ...hell yer!

C~Dog

Smash Champion
It's not so much artistic ability that is necessary than it is design ability. You still need to have knowledge of what type looks the best and conveys the right message, and how to place it effectively on the page. If you have images, whether you made them yourself or not, then that just becomes another component of the design and layout process.

Zxv

Smash Lord
So... M2K's interested in Australia again. Since QLD has already had a major and Melbourne is having 2 this year, obviously most logical course of action is for us to host a major that coincides with his timetable for ultimatemegahype.

What do you think, Shaya? I'm not sure how well our Boost venue could host the event, if it ends up being as big as Robocop, so a venue hunt may be in order.

Then again, I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to this stuff so I'm just throwing words out theree to spark a conversation between people who know more than me atm.

Zero

Smash Hero
I think you should organise this Bryte. We need someone with PASSION to run this shindig, and so far East is pretty drained, or at least it seems this way.

Also I'm sure we'll get hella more international attendance if it were a ZXV major.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well I was contemplating the major the other day, and trying to go for April is too little notice. Only feasible option is to try one for June/July or so.

i'm not entirely sure why M2K's interested in Australia again - and I don't think a Sydney major would be as big as robocop...

Zxv

Smash Lord
Well I was contemplating the major the other day, and trying to go for April is too little notice. Only feasible option is to try one for June/July or so.

i'm not entirely sure why M2K's interested in Australia again - and I don't think a Sydney major would be as big as robocop...
He said he's free 19th of July to the first half of August.

He enjoyed himself, he enjoyed the people, he wants to see more of Australia and he has a buddy card so flights are about $600 cheaper.

Even if we get half the attendance of Robocop that's still a pretty decent turnout. What were the numbers for Thriller last year? 30-40?

edit:
I think you should organise this Bryte. We need someone with PASSION to run this shindig, and so far East is pretty drained, or at least it seems this way.

Also I'm sure we'll get hella more international attendance if it were a ZXV major.
I'll try and help and bring as much hype as I can, except I've never really organised a tournament and I don't think a major is a very sensible place to start lol.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll be arriving in Sydney on Sunday -- does anyone want to host me for the evening? It'd just be for one night. I'm willing to travel in any direction and play lots of Melee and MVC3. I'll need to shower if I am to play Brawl.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Move to Melbourne, there's seemingly 30+ turnouts for MVC3 tournies fortnightly! Also, Leish said housing is cheaper here <3

Zxv

Smash Lord
i'll be arriving in sydney on sunday -- does anyone want to host me for the evening? It'd just be for one night. I'm willing to travel in any direction and play lots of melee and mvc3. I'll need to shower if i am to play brawl.
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

I live an hour's train ride from the city and I've got uni on Monday at 10 (so I'd probably leave home by 8:30 to be safe) though. What time would you be leaving?

edit: also I might be at Ted's during the day, so yeah... I'll just need to know your schedule.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
oooooh, how exciting! thx zxv!

on sunday i got lunch in the city and will probably spend the arvo with the eastsiders. so i should be able to make it over to your place on sunday evening.

monday i need to go to the airport to get billy, and this'd be pretty early -- i'd have to catch the trains during morning peak

all up, enough time to get some solid smash in

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
having yum cha in marigold with most of the ex-melee crew and their associated friends -- like 14 of us. starts at 12

Top Bottom