• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Drake12

Smash Ace
Yeah I'll say my thoughts on this, even though it makes no difference.
Yes it does seems pretty bad when in the past, majority normally goes with what the ruleset.
This may seem kinda rude, but if we were out of time to ban him, why bother asking everyone?
You guys are still rocking this community and are doing better than I ever could, it's just a really unfortunate surprise.
It seems like the only way to ban him is if people pick him up, so I don't really see any damage in that if it isn't really much of a **** move as I thought.
When Kyle came along and picked up MK, he was able to beat me, the fact that he didn't was simply because I was forced to pick up a secondary, and it was quite the pocket MK.

Thats all my thought, not expecting any arguement or anything, just backing up Jordan and stating that it really does take away from the game, to the point that I don't even know if I wanna be 'sick' for work to go to this, same as a couple of friends maybe not going out.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh well now I'm curious. There's nothing that can be done at this point, but I personally advocate making fun of anyone who picks MK. Like, we need a dunce hat, except it's the MK hat. If you pick him, you have to wear it the whole tourney.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
People are starting to get ridiculous about this. Not showing up/making fun of people because of a character? In a time where we want to grow and solidify our scene, this is outlandish. You guys would be the worst if you lived in NJ or one of the scenes where scrooging/planking happens every week.

It is completely childish to be this anal about a character, especially when none of you have even felt why MK is ACTUALLY controversial. You guys have been given a taste of the best character in the game, and you perceive it as the full meal deal. I'm not saying it will never become that bad here, but this tournament will not have players who abuse MK as he is known to be abused. It will just have players who are using MK because he is the best character in the game.

Please don't be ridiculous over a character that isn't as bad as he could be, just come to the tournament, be respectful and enjoy playing Smash together.

Drake12

Smash Ace
Well first off, it's my friends who don't even let me go MK on them, because they want a good time and to have fun, and he just isn't even fun to play against, or even have around.
And for myself, when I'm already boarder line on skipping work, especially after getting 3 and a half weeks off. Having a ******** guy come along and ruin half the fun, and make me use some janky half random character just to compete isn't that much fun. As i said, if I went ROB, I'm fairly certain that Kyle's Mk would beat me, forcing me to use other guys like GW. Thats why I said that one,
If we're trying to grow as a community, then shouldn't we make it more friendly for newcomers?

My last point is that since a couple of us want him banned but it's 'not a problem' it seems like the easiest way to ban him would be to 'make him a problem', not saying I'm about to do anything since I would fail at it, just stating that.

KMAG

Smash Rookie
OK everyone. It is time for KMAG to throw in his two cents...

This is one tournament. No one complained in the past and if people didn't bring up the option of banning him, "most" of us wouldn't be making a big deal. Respect the decision of the TOs and just have fun. If you are forced to use a secondary, then..well that's what secondaries are for. If people can beat other people's pocket MKs with their secondaries, then I can't see the problem. You win the match and you move on. If you don't win, then get better because known of these MKs that we have in this community are that big of a threat.

I don't understand why people are beings so negative about pocket MKs. The situation will be looked at after this tourney so that Jordan's prophecy won't come true :) if people can beat MKS with secondaries then so be it. If newcomers come and complain about it, then that's research. A way to let the new comers know that we are looking after their best interests is to actually set up a poll at the smash event. everyone votes and has their say so then the TOs can hear the peoples opinions. At least the new comers will know that they have a voice.

The last thing TOs need is people stating problems and they don't even bother giving solutions. I am not saying that I am against the MK ban, or I am for the MK ban. Just be respectful of the TOs decision. It is not like they are ignoring you. They are doing what they feel is right for the community and there is nothing we can do but respect that. If people say that they are not gonna show up because they fear a few pocket MKs that people can beat with secondaries, then i find that immature. (and i mean that I'm the most respectable way possible)

I have nothing against Jordan's comment for i can clearly see that he is just trying to make fun of the situation and not trashing it. but others, please just be understanding and just enjoy the game. TOs will look at the situation as they said.

Thanks y'all

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yeah, Kailin has it pretty much right. I don't agree with a boycott, because it's immature and solves nothing. I was also (mostly :p) joking about the ridicule thing.

I'm disappointed, but I'm not going to let it stop me from enjoying the tournament.

Drake12

Smash Ace
"If people say that they are not gonna show up because they fear a few pocket MKs that people can beat with secondaries, then i find that immature"

Is that directed at me? Because there is more to it than just that, if it was stay at home, or go to this, for sure I would be there.
Yeah I would say Kailin's got it pretty good. As I said before, you guys are already doing great with this community, better than I ever could. So meh I disagree with this, but nothing I can do, and at least there is more reasoning on why he's not banned at this tourny, thats all I could ask for.
Yeah I also was thinking that if we were kept in the dark with like, major tournys and statistics and all that, then we wouldn't be complaining, or at least we wouldnt for another year or more.
Haha, Jordans prophecy, it kinda is that isn't it? Make me laugh silly man.

Good summary on Kailin and I approve.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I missed Frag For Cancer 4 so I'll be sure to make it out to this one. Ah, tournament season... it's that time of year.

*Cliche holiday music plays*

:034:

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
for those of us who have never played again a good Meta Knight, whats a good approach to fighting him? with zelda/shiek or sonic perhaps, haha

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong is actually really clutch VS MK. Unless he tornados the whole time, then you have to have good DI. Otherwise, your weight and KO abilities are a good counter.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I disagree with being named as a MK user

Having done some experimentation, every time I have tried MK i've found that ZSS would have done me better. The 3 most recent bi-weeklies I went to I used MK, Zelda, and ZSS. I got 5th in each. I lost to the same people and won against the same people, but I win by a larger margin with ZSS.

In a proper tourney I will be going straight ZSS

The reason I voted not to ban MK is because I believe that he is not damaging our tourney scene in any way right now. I don't see anyone abusing some of the truly broken stuff. He's just a good character and not worth banning over what *might* happen

Drake12

Smash Ace
"Having done some experimentation, every time I have tried MK i've found that ZSS would have done me better."

I can't always agree to that, your MK can probably beat my ROB, hence why I went GW last time.
You could also easily be better with MK if you don't mind breaking your B button with all the nado.

Still, if you don't use him, then yeah your not... a Mk user, just saying that you could (not should) if you put the effort in.

Top Bottom