• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

teenwolftoo

Smash Cadet
no ban will happen yet. the community is leaning towards it but thats their own dumb thoughts. On another side show up at the venue for 12 parking is free on the weekends on streets provided you don't park in an area indicating no parking. You don't need a cell phone or someone to open the door.

New Venue
http://thehubhalifax.ca/

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
the community is leaning towards it but thats their own dumb thoughts.
Well it's good to know the community's opinion is appreciated and taken into serious consideration. It's also good to know that our smash scene is not a crude dictatorship like SWF, where the community as a whole votes in favor of a ban several times but gets denied by those who self-righteously declare themselves to be 'Back Roomers' and thus more important than everyone else.

You guys make me sick sometimes, seriously.

:034:

teenwolftoo

Smash Cadet
Well it's good to know the community's opinion is appreciated and taken into serious consideration. It's also good to know that our smash scene is not a crude dictatorship like SWF, where the community as a whole votes in favor of a ban several times but gets denied by those who self-righteously declare themselves to be 'Back Roomers' and thus more important than everyone else.

You guys make me sick sometimes, seriously.

it's too close to ban him at this tournament. simple as that. also i don't think he should be banned at this time. thats why i said their own dumb thoughts.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
i don't think he should be banned at this time. thats why i said their own dumb thoughts.
Oh okay, so arguments against your divine opinion are immediately discounted as 'dumb thoughts'? I understand now. Sorry I was just confused and needed a legitimate, solid argument in favor of not banning MK to clear things up; now that you've presented these irrefutable facts, I'll lay off.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Everyone else is doing it, let's do it too! Hey look those guys are smoking, must be cool, let's get it on that! Nobody else banned MK, must be cool to keep him legal even if there's no real reason to, let's just follow suit! I like being exactly like everyone else, it's so unique and different.

Anyways this is getting boring, I'm done here.

billybeegood

Smash Apprentice
its my turn,
The reason why mk isn't a problem in our area is because players are relatively honest and avoid that of which make meta knight in ban criteria,
basicly: in our region we're banning metaknight cause of his d-smash and nado instead of banning him for sharking planking scrooging etc

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
That's true, even the few players that do use him don't abuse the edge stuff.

There's actually no reason to ban him in our region. If you want him banned, start doing that stuff.

The reasons I don't want to ban him:
-people use him
-practice for anytime any of us go out of our region
-lets ban snake next

-OBEY

In all seriousness though, wait until there is an actual problem. Look at how mellow mk is in our community compared to the rest of the worlds'. And they still haven't banned him. So you think we should be the irrational ones? Step outside the box? We are not outside the box son, we are at the bottom of it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So the grand majority of our community and our PRs want to ban him, but you're not going to? You don't understand Paul, you haven't even played a MetaKnight. If you leave him legal, there will be NO hype for grand finals, because Parker's just gonna go MK.

I'll further echo what Craysyn says and convey my agreement that you guys are ******** for wanting to wait until it becomes a problem. To further reinforce his example: "Yeah, I'll just smoke until I get cancer. THEN I'LL STOP, SINCE IT'LL NOW BE A PROBLEM."

I really don't understand how you could possibly ignore the majority of our community, the fact that we had positive, nearly-unanimous support at the biweeklies, and the fact that we ALL KNOW that no good can come from MK.

I am DUMBFOUNDED by this decision.

Edit: So I decided to go ahead and look at the poll results to see how wrong this decision is. Let's look at the lists.

Pro-Ban

Jordan McGee (Raziek - #3 PR)
Sam LeBlanc (Orb. - #8 PR)
Aaron Alexander (Drake - #10 PR (Should be higher =))
Jesse Paul Enman (Atila - Frequent Regular)
Wayne Borden Cluett (Frequent biweekly regular)
Ross Hacquebard (I don't know who this is)
Camden Ryan Matheson-Lefort (Assistant TO, BiWeekly runner, veteran)
Malcolm Baillie (Former TO)
Craysyn Trottier (Nyke - Regular, #4 on the PR)
Christian Smith (Regular)
Justin Wiles (Current Head TO, veteran, regular)
Adrian White (Regular, Veteran)
Greg Haller (Random new guy)
Jeremy Richard (Yes, conditionally)
Nick Best (Lamb - #5 on the PR, Veteran, Pro-ban because people are yelling loudly. Uses MK.)

Anti-Ban

Arjuna Logan-Young (Random I've never seen at an event.)
Matt Richard (Legitimately likes him. Sorry Matt. :()
Blake McInnis (Who?)
Matt Simmons (Croi - USES MK, #7 PR)
Paul Moore (Has never played against a good MK)
Steven Crosby (Wants Wario Ware legal?)
Kyle Warren (Uses MK #9 PR)
Colin North (#2 PR)

Abstained

Parker Reid (Uses MK, probably doesn't want to look like a ****. No offense intended)
Kailin Glasgow (KMAG - #6 on the PR)

So, for Pro-ban we have.... 5 of the 10 members of our PR, 3 of the 5 TOs we've had, and almost every single one of our regulars.

For anti-ban, we have 3 players who use MK (Matt R., Matt S., and Kyle) 2 TOs who rarely attend the biweeklies, two randoms who I've never seen at an event, and Colin. 3 PR members.

2 PR members abstained. Parker (who uses MK) and KMAG (Who can't decide, apparently)

Are you SERIOUSLY going to ignore almost the entirety of our community, regarding a crucial issue that our smash scene faces? From someone who spends more time in this community than almost everyone else, I have to say, this is pants-on-head ********.

billybeegood

Smash Apprentice
So were gonna ban him because we can't counter pick janky? Sorry bout that but it was intended to point bias towards some of the pro ban members

and the rest of the people who I would consider to want to ban him because they can't sheild di nado (that was a low shot lol)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So were gonna ban him because we can't counter pick janky? Sorry bout that but it was intended to point bias towards some of the pro ban members

and the rest of the people who I would consider to want to ban him because they can't sheild di nado (that was a low shot lol)
No, we ban him because he stagnates the metagame. The game is significantly more balanced without him. MetaKnight breaks almost all of the changes that should be made to the rules, like 9 starters or a larger CP list.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
"Yeah, I'll just smoke until I get cancer. THEN I'LL STOP, SINCE IT'LL NOW BE A PROBLEM."

Yes, because the bigger of a problem MK becomes the more people will want him to stay.

Seriously, that's not a good analogy.

Also, I would like it noted that the only reason I'm pro-ban is because people are yelling loud.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
"Yeah, I'll just smoke until I get cancer. THEN I'LL STOP, SINCE IT'LL NOW BE A PROBLEM."

Yes, because the bigger of a problem MK becomes the more people will want him to stay.

Seriously, that's not a good analogy.

Also, I would like it noted that the only reason I'm pro-ban is because people are yelling loud.

Umm, actually, your first sentence is exactly correct. The bigger a problem he becomes, the more people main him, then want him to stay for their own personal interests.

Also, I'll note that.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace

Umm, actually, your first sentence is exactly correct. The bigger a problem he becomes, the more people main him, then want him to stay for their own personal interests.
So... is that why you want to ban him now instead of wait for the problem to happen? I'm sure the TO's are unbiased and mature enough to not "get infected" by the horrible cancer.

teenwolftoo

Smash Cadet
he's not a problem in our scene. the only time prevention comes in handy is with a condom or forest fire prevention.

in stead of taking this so seriously why don't you guys chill out and enjoy the fact that you at least get to play the effing game with friends.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
What was the point in the **** poll if you're just going to ignore the fact that the results are 15-8-2? (Pro/Anti/Abstainted)

Abstaining votes included, that's 60% Pro-ban. Which is already a majority.

If you EXCLUDE the abstaining votes it's 65.217%, just shy of an AMERICAN majority, let alone the fact that we already have a majority.

Your only reasoning against it is "He's not a problem" and your anecdotal evidence of beating ****ty MKs. Fun fact: MK's like Chaos and Matt Richard aren't the problem. Hell, Parker's MK isn't even that good and it's causing a problem.

Do you have ANY valid reasoning, or are you so blind and deaf to your community that you're going to ignore the facts in front of you? The only people who want him around USE him, or are never at the biweeklies to see WHY it has become a problem.

Furthermore, if you're not going to take this seriously, just ban him. If you can't come up with any valid reasoning, you are WRONG, and I will fight this to the death.

teenwolftoo

Smash Cadet
has he ever been someones main that won a tournament here? no.
Have we already indicated that he will not be banned? yes.
I go through enough pulling these things together, i don't really wanna deal with people being uppity about something that is standard everywhere else.

I know you dedicate more time to smash than i do to my full time job. i don't doubt you know more about the game than i do, but i am simply going with a pretty standard rule set.

If i can beat mediocre mks with ganon that must say something. i am light years behind our top players in skill. Skill has more to do with this than a character being broken. I am not debating this any further before hellasmashed.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Why would you wait until it becomes a problem to do something about it?! Do you pay attention to the mainstream metagame at ALL? Every poll we've had has been in pro-ban's favor by 55/45. The evidence AGAINST MK continue to mount, and anti-ban has very little left in terms of valid arguments, especially with all the rules being implemented solely to restrict him! Case in point: Ledge-grab limits, which are NOT advocated by the BBR, and are solely a way of trying to nerf MK enough to keep him from being completely broken.

And the other 45%? MOST OF THEM MAIN MK.

You are seriously blind on this, Paul. HOW CAN YOU IGNORE YOUR COMMUNITY?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
an old friend told me this a while back, unless he shows absolute dominance in every aspect ex, tourney performance, matchup dominance, than the such IS NOT broken
Did I say he was broken? I don't think I did.

Raziek said:
No, we ban him because he stagnates the metagame. The game is significantly more balanced without him. MetaKnight breaks almost all of the changes that should be made to the rules, like 9 starters or a larger CP list.
Nobody can deny that Brawl is a more balanced game without MK.

billybeegood

Smash Apprentice
"Ledge-grab limits, which are NOT advocated by the BBR, and are solely a way of trying to nerf MK enough to keep him from being completely broken."

^^^^^^^^^^imposing him being broken

"Nobody can deny that Brawl is a more balanced game without MK."
starcraft players believe that the game would be much better if the terran race didn't exist, but they kept it because it would be removing an aspect of the game

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
"Ledge-grab limits, which are NOT advocated by the BBR, and are solely a way of trying to nerf MK enough to keep him from being completely broken."

^^^^^^^^^^imposing him being broken

"Nobody can deny that Brawl is a more balanced game without MK."
starcraft players believe that the game would be much better if the terran race didn't exist, but they kept it because it would be removing an aspect of the game

MK with no ledge-grab limit IS broken, I will say that. Perfect planking is LITERALLY unbeatable. Like, all matchups become 100-0.

Also, we're not taking our cues from Starcraft. Firstly, it's an RTS. Second, it has what, 6 races? Removing one would be a drastic change that removed close to 1/5th of the game.

MK is one character in 37-40 (depends how you split it), and he's causing HUGE problems.

If you advocate a ledge-grab limit, you essentially admit that MK is broken. Which is exactly why the BBR doesn't approve of it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
HUGE problems in our region....where?
My huge problems was referring to the mainstream metagame, not our own. However, we still have our share of dis-satisfaction.

This once again comes down to what I've been saying the whole time. Anyone can see the majority of the mainstream community wants him gone, and we've seen all the problems he causes.

Yes, we may never see the ultimate problem of planking, scrooging, and timeouts, but we already know the majority of OUR community is dis-satisfied with him, and want him gone.

Why would we sit around and suffer the small problems, when nothing else could possibly happen except moving on to the WORSE problems? It's not like if people pick up MK around here, they'll all be honorable and not use tornado, plank, scrooge or timeout, especially not if they're like you! It can only get WORSE if he stays, so why would we leave him legal?

Top Bottom