• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Those are soooo old. I'm a lot better now! :bee:
(Now I'm good enough to get 70% on DOSV before he 4-stocks me in crews!:urg:)
I'm not gonna tolerate anyone getting fourstocked by DOSV anymore. He SDs way too much for that to be possible LOL. I'm gonna force that habit out of him somehow.

skyheart

Smash Lord
Haha I remember doing teams with friends, and like my partner SD'ed 3 times took my lives and got wrecked, I was left with 2 lives against 6 stock. So like i took out all the stocks so it was 1 stock each, and as the enemy came back with his last life, I accidentally SD'ed at 0% lol

Jove

Smash Journeyman
you should def. have one this weekend, i know i always say that, but ive just recently decided to play mostly melee for a while and im really trying to get my melee game back (if i ever really had one XPP)

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
sypher, can i come by eventually to get my stuff????
well, actually, my dad's out of town for the week, so not really. lol. I'm going there tonight to pick up something to bring to my mom's, I can pick up your stuff and bring it over to my mom's and have you pick it up there. My mom lives in Vienna, it's pretty close. I'll PM you the address and then you can make the decision as to picking it up or not.

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
Oh ****

well, good luck with whatever's going down

alex has been trying to convince me to hold tournaments at my place but i doubt it's going to happen...except now i have nowhere to play against people for six weeks so i dunno, maybe i'll try to set something up

got any tips sypher

TomH

Smash Journeyman
i like smash in general...i dont go around and bash one game just because of its physics.....

In comparison to melee, streetfighter sucks, tekken sucks, soul calibur sucks, guilty gear sucks, marvel vs capcom sucks. Melee simply blows the rest away. I really dont find metaknight or solid snake to be enjoyable to play as or against. Im not too great at either melee or brawl, i can **** the noobs, of course, but the guys at the fests beat me. Its not about winning, its about disinterest in the game as a whole. Granted, if melee didnt exist, brawl would be my favorite game, but i consider melee to be a much better product, so I find no point in playing brawl.

edit: Also, sorry to hear about whatever's going on Sexymaxphoenixghostboozer. Good luck.

krnred225

Smash Journeyman
^Brawl matches are always more evenly matched, so it makes sense.

Brawl:
M2K
Other Pros
Pro-Am
Noobs

Melee:
Mango
M2K
Other Pros
Pro-Am
Noobs

skyheart

Smash Lord
its boring ****** noobs all day...
It's not like you **** pros........well maybe in brawl but not in melee. Plus its more fun ****** in melee than it is in brawl. I get bored of brawl after like 1-2 hours, then everyone ends up just doing random characters so we can have some type of fun.

TomH

Smash Journeyman
(when i said noobs i mean "people who dont even know what wavedashing is". Point is, I dont play melee because I "suck at brawl", because I suck at both.)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
the next melee tournament we hold everyone in this area who loves it needs to go. no johns, stop being lazy *******s (myself included). <3 melee, won a little scranton tourney yesterday!!

ChuDat

Smash Master
Who wants me to start holding Melee tournaments on Fridays or Sundays? I'm only 5 minutes away from Syphers. I can't do Saturdays since the month of May is booked. I think I'll just be doing this until Sypher comes back.

I can start this Friday or Sunday.

5$ entry fee for teams and singles.
3$ door fee.

If you have 8$, then you are set to go! If you don't have 8$, you should start saving up this week or next week.

Jove

Smash Journeyman
wow chu you have no idea how cool you are for doing this :D
i would def. prefer fridays over sundays, because theres nowhere to be the next day, but whatever everyone else wants, im up for anything. i just want to play this game already >.>

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Chu you are one of the coolest dudes xD

I'll try to come to as many as I can.

My brother and I have some more teams experience, so watch out.

Top Bottom