• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

Cyrain

Smash Ace
LOL cyrain. no chance. u will never ever beat me in tourney~!!!
As I recall, both of my tourney losses to you were the result of blatant suicides on my part in the final moments haha. I won't choke this time, son.

BTW, you owe me 10$ from when your drunk *** MMd me at your house that one time
Haaaahahahahaha
<333
I love you Plank.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
XD Thumbs I 2 stocked your Fox and Falcon with Jiggs
I also nearly triple kneed you with Falcon and ended up two stocking you that round :p but yeah, you ***** my Fox lol

and yeah Sypher I want those matches uploaded if you can. I don't think either of our tags are on, but it's my pink Falcon and green Fox against Smash God's Jiggs in like 3 or 4 awesome games. I think 2 or 3 of them were on FD.

not really if i wanted to i'd make a new name and **** the boards again, but i just don't feel like it, i've already beaten the game of 'smashboards'

- lol master
ThumbsWAAAAAAYdown

skyheart

Smash Lord
looooool i was gonna make it but then i realized i just be trolling you son, i wuv you hardstyle

-Wendeezee

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
maybe a smashfest on the 18th? (next saturday)

i'm not sure if anything is already going on then.

oh yeah, and i think i swapped controllers with somebody by accident. i have a random silver controller downstairs, and am missing my silver top/black bottom controller.

also, Carlos (FalconPunch) is apparently missing some sort of green box. he described it as being some yugioh tin. he might have left it at my house, but i can't find it anywhere. it was apparently in his backpack, but he took it out to get out his cube. someone might have taken it by accident, i don't know. look through your stuff :p

and shinku, i still have your bag. just so you know.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Sypher, vids?

Yeah for me and Thumbs' matches with my Jiggs, it was right before crews started. I was blue jiggs with my Tag. 3 were at FD, me 2 stocking his Fox, his Falcon 2 stocking my Jiggs with an almost triple knee, and my Jiggs 2 stocking his Falcon.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
you guys should host one of these and actually promote it decently... you could get decent numbers for a melee tourney FOR ONCE

: Blues
2: ChaosKnight
3: lol master
4: Korn
5: Shinku
5: EmuKiller
7: lloD
7: SMASH G0D
9: Tower of Doom
9: Prodigal One
9: ACE
9: Philo
13: SypherPhoenix
13: Kuya
13: No Face
13: krnred225
17: Afro
17: Epsilon
17: TOM HENRY
17: ZaborgZaloog

you have all those players plus..

plank, boss, g-reg, cyrain, tope, wife, HAT, dk smAsh, turbo, chinesah, KM?, meep, omni...etc

theres tons of us who want melee tournies but there really arent ever any around anymore... it would be nice to have some solid melee tournies with 32+ people in md/va again.

krnred225

Smash Journeyman
The results looked pretty solid until I spotted Tower of Doom. Wasn't he TOM HENRY's friend? What a lame bracket that was for me... :ohwell:

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
i'm pretty sure if i had 32+ people in my basement i would force everyone to leave >_>

like no joke
The easiest solution to finding a venue is just talking to a lan center that already hosts tournaments (or has tried to host tournaments) and explain to them that you'll run and promote everything and just give them a percent of each players admission (i.e. venue fee). Worst comes to worst you get a rejection e-mail, but honestly they have no reason to say no. It's free money from their perspective and you get yourself a fun, larger tournament.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
The easiest solution to finding a venue is just talking to a lan center that already hosts tournaments (or has tried to host tournaments) and explain to them that you'll run and promote everything and just give them a percent of each players admission (i.e. venue fee). Worst comes to worst you get a rejection e-mail, but honestly they have no reason to say no. It's free money from their perspective and you get yourself a fun, larger tournament.
no..

we're not moving for bigger venue

staying at sypher's, playing melee is the best.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
kornn if you have 32 people at a tourney, and everyone gets kicked out, then there is no tourney

you yourself complained that you wanted bigger melee tourneys, and larger venues are the only way to make that happen.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
well i may host a melee tourney or 2 when i move to pasadena...ill be able to find good venues ;D

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
as;lfkjSS;LDFJ

i don't want to move to a venue...but my basement just isn't big enough to support these things.

the ultimate solution is to have more people host melee things in MDVA. split up the crowd.

Shinku

Smash Champion
i was thinking sypher, that you could do a invitation thing only like chu does. basically whenever you announce the next biweekly, the first 16 or whatever how many post that they'll come. that was you make it only the right enough amount of people so your basement wont be jam packed.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
I could probably do something similar to that. I don't want to seem unwelcoming to new players, though...

Maybe I could split it up, some of the biweeklies at a venue, others at my house with an attendance limit. I think that would be good.

The other problem is the venue. I would need it to be pretty close to where I'm holding my stuff now. I don't have my own car, I can't even drive (well...legally). TVs would become a bigger issue and there would be less flexibility in time schedules. Plus the whole fee deal.

I'm going to be looking around. If anybody knows of any places offhand, it would be great if you could post here. I'm not interested in settling for second-rate as far as the venue goes.

skyheart

Smash Lord
Korn is right, it was crowded. but everyone was still comfy and everyone was playing melee. no one was complaining. AND im sure 10 more people could have fit in your basement. Only time it was really really crowded was during crews where everyone was crowded around 1 tv. but hey thats what happen when you have a crew battle as awesome as ours was =D

thumbswayup

Smash Master
You should definitely keep hosting them. Last time was the only time that many people came, I doubt everyone's schedules will conform for every fest you hold. Plus Plank and company always say they'll come but never do so no worries.

skyheart

Smash Lord
yeah i know, only cause i need to thumbswaydownmyself to get there, so my thumbs' aura brought everyone there mufwahahaha RAWFUR!

miss all of you guys, big TEAR!

Top Bottom