• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Hangover 2 better be good or I'll murder everyone.

Also, Captain America better not be as stupid as it looks. Also The Green Latern is gonna blow. Also Super 8 better be as amazing as it looks. Also Pirates 4 looks horrendous. Also I don't know what to think about X-Men First Class. Also Transformers 3 is probably going to suck, but I have hopes for it being entertaining (unlike the 2nd holy ****).

Bones0

Smash Legend
March/April has a ****-ton of good movies coming out I want to see, from what I've seen.
Potential awesomeness:
- The Adjustment Bureau
- Limitless
- Sucker Punch (seems like it will be similar to Scott Pilgrim)
- Super (main character is called "The Crimson Bolt" O_o)
- Source Code
- Hanna
- Apollo 18 (not really a fan of thrillers, but seems kinda interesting)
- The Beaver (comes out in May, but WTF @ this movie; I have to see it, lol)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Ah Thor, well it's Kenneth Branagh so I'm prepared for anything.

Adjusment Bureau looks kinda stupid to me but maybe it's good. Sucker Punch looks stupid awesome. Like the kind of awesome where you know the movie's stupid but you like it anyway. Limitless eh I don't know. I like Bradley Cooper and all but can this movie really deliver on its premise? The writing is going to have to be super sharp for me to care about any of it

hot$

Smash Ace
^.^......♥
Well, if your only capable of recording from 2 different tv's, and there are other matches going on, it doesn't hurt if they get recorded as well bro.. chill, i'm not taking away from you recording main matches or anything.. i'm just saying i'll help out and reecord some of those early bracket - mid bracket matches that never get to be recorded.. ya know?

and BONES, you forgot one movie....

can anyone say Scream 4?

Yeah, it's gonna be that good.

tell me thumbs. you know of the scream trilogy? the writing, superb.. mainly the first film.. but the 4th is looking very promising imo.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Haha I've only seen bits and pieces of the Scream movies on tv. I saw most of the first one, it seemed good in a silly way. One day I'll sit down and watch the whole thing. Neve Campbell was smoking in the movie

hot$

Smash Ace
Avengers had better be good, God dammit.

I agree with you. It really should be awesome... But so many big name marvel characters in one film. it's gonna be alot of filling you in and backstory, etc.. I wish they would make the movie like 3 hours+, but i doubt that.. so they will try to cram in a bunch of story and minimal action in a measly 2 and a half hours or so, i'm guessing.

Haha I've only seen bits and pieces of the Scream movies on tv. I saw most of the first one, it seemed good in a silly way. One day I'll sit down and watch the whole thing. Neve Campbell was smoking in the movie
haha, yeah the trilogy is pretty good. The first movie is the best, the writing is what makes the movies I think. They are worth watching atleast once, Wes Craven is the man. Also, by smoking you mean she was looking good? or LITERALLY smoking? i assume #1? ^___^

Lobos

Smash Master
Scream 1 was the best one......as a horror flick....the other ones was pretty much beating a dead horse imo

Mahone

Smash Champion
I keep forgetting that Inception's only been out for 8 months, feels a lot longer. See it immediately Wenbo, it's really one of those movies you should have seen in theaters. Great movies don't come out often, so when they do they must be cherished and watched as they were meant to be watched, in a theater.
WTF is this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yo sypher, next tournament can you put me against thumbs first round?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
wtf of course I would have paid you. And I already posted that I lost, what more do you want? For me to lie about my opinion on the movie? You really want that? ****ING FINE

Inception sucked

Now eat a ****

Well, if your only capable of recording from 2 different tv's, and there are other matches going on, it doesn't hurt if they get recorded as well bro.. chill, i'm not taking away from you recording main matches or anything.. i'm just saying i'll help out and reecord some of those early bracket - mid bracket matches that never get to be recorded.. ya know?
Hahaa, don't worry. You can record anything you want on any setup you want