• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

mike666

Smash Apprentice
Smashfest on 7/22

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that there will be a smashfest taking place tomorrow. Unfortunately, the smashboards server was done cuz i was hoping to have posted this earlier. first off, i want to ask everyone to please bring your cubes! Last week, we only had 2 cubes when the first 20 people had arrived, which wasn't how i was hoping to start things.

Smashfest Rules

Entry fee: $3
Time: begins as early as 9 AM
For those of you who don't know how to get here, I had previously posted about that.
Click Here if you want to see my posting and all important info about the room and the school's location. All TVs not used for tournament, will be used for regular friendlies.

Tournament Rules

I've decided since some of yall like that competitve feel, I would like to use half the TVs for tournament and half for smashfest. This way, anyone that just wants to play for fun can play for fun, and anyone who wants to pay competitively, can.
Entry fee: free(the $3 fee is mandatory for everyone and allows a person to sign up for teams/singles if they want to)
Prize: there will be only one prize for each category. Teams: the 2 players that get first will not have to pay for Teams for the Biweekly next week. You can team with anyone you like, but you yourself will just be exempt from paying $5. Singles: the first place player will not have to pay for Singles for the Biweekly next week. Since this tournament is not gonna be very big, the prizes are not as serious, but who knows it may help some of you guys compete better. So yea, only the first place people will get something.

I have to give credit to Kurtis(Nekurbis) for this idea, since he thought it would be a great way to prepare for OC2; thank you for this idea, I think it is genius! My plan was to originally vote on this, but since I couldn't post earlier, I've decided to try this as an experiment on the small tournies tomorrow and see how it works. I've decided that for tournament rules, we will NOT use MLG rules, but rather, OC2 rules!, particalularly the rules for random stages and counterpicks. Some of you may not agree, but I think the rules are not only simple, but a great way for you smashers to adjust to their rules, since they won't be using pure MLG.
If you are curious as to what the rules are, click Here
To find the allowed stages, look under "Common Rules".

Anyways, that's it for my official update on the smashfest tomorrow. Also want to say thank you to SNKE, since he had thought of the smashfest idea. See ya'll tomorrow!

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Hmm...I don't know if I can make it to this, I don't have a ride...unless anyone wants to come pick me up... :lick: ...haha jk it's cool, I'll try ma best to make it.

Snap

Smash Ace
hey guys! the blue phoenixes won't be at this smashfest! but i hope you guys have a great time.

take care!

Edit: misspelled "phoenixes"

Zoap

Smash Master
snap is dumb and is in the wrong thread, he is friggin ****** so disregard his post as the tourney organization has always been fine at the Norcal Biweekly Tournaments

mike666

Smash Apprentice
is anyone even gonna come? there's only 3 people and its 11:30 am. i thought there would be more people, who knows maybe it's too early for you guys on a saturday. btw, if no one else shows up, then ill be forced to give out the first place prizes for free, meaning if only 3 people are here then they automatically can enter next week's biweekly for free! so hurry up and get over here. i dont wanna give out prizes without people earning it.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
Ive changed my main To link everybody! I still use fox though. ill only use fox in fox dittos. vs falcos and shieks and other hard matchups for link though. hehe.

Art?

Smash Journeyman
KILLA.FOR.CASH. said:
Ive changed my main To link everybody! I still use fox though. ill only use fox in fox dittos. vs falcos and shieks and other hard matchups for link though. hehe.
...that's kind of a pointless change then, don't you think?

hey, mike666, how long are you gonna be there? 'cause i plan on stopping by late into the afternoon, that is, of course, if people are still there.

edit: lol, i forgot that i don't even have a controller, let alone a cube. if anyone who's going later on could bring an extra controller for me to use for the day, it would be very much appreciated. sexual favors for those who are willing to help me out.

mike666

Smash Apprentice
Art? said:
...that's kind of a pointless change then, don't you think?

hey mike666, how long are you gonna be there? 'cause i plan on stopping by late into the afternoon, that is, of course, if people are still there.
I think ill be here till around 7 to 8 pm, if you can bring yourself and anyone else you know.

Update: there are now 7 people, which still very small :cry:

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
WHY Killa for crack why!? Fox is the best!

Right before you get REALLY Good with your character, you get REALLY FRUSTRATED! Keep trying, you will pass the frustration. 's like...the more you suffer from training...the better you'll get. Pain is weakness leaving the body, frustration is the hole growing in your body to make room for strength. --so you gonna stick with fox?

RPK

Smash Lord
I wouldve came with a cube against if I wasnt up all night playing Megaman Legends for teh ps1 in addition I was forced to eat out with my family. Yes forced...and ive never been so full...then I passed out till 3. I would have gone and brought like 3 controllers and my cube but yeah....sorry Mike >.<

Sky Hazuki

Smash Apprentice
LunInSpectra said:

Right before you get REALLY Good with your character, you get REALLY FRUSTRATED! Keep trying, you will pass the frustration. 's like...the more you suffer from training...the better you'll get. Pain is weakness leaving the body, frustration is the hole growing in your body to make room for strength. --so you gonna stick with fox?
You never told me that when I was having a hard time. T__T

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
LunInSpectra said:

Yeah, I have to agree with Rey (even though I hate fox :urg: ), cept I'm at that point right now too I think...haha, I think you should stick with Fox though, but I guess I won't be able to tell which one would be better to stick with until I play your Link again, hit me up at the tourny and we'll see, last time at the Modesto tourny though, your Fox was alot better than ur Link.

Art?

Smash Journeyman
turns out i won't be coming; too many things to take care of. i also have a birthday party to attend. i'll be there next saturday fo' sheezy.

Courtofdoom

Smash Apprentice
I think IDK and Zhu still had to play it out but we all had to leave. I think we all agreed that Zhu would win though.

Fun Marth dittos Mike! I have teh 1337 marth. With the tipper hack.

DARKMIKE

Smash Apprentice
Lunin spectra YOU SUCK! Just playin man, whats up though you have to come to the modesto tourneys, theres a thread in pacificwesttourneys. My samus has gotten alot better, i want to set up a ditto with him. Well later i have to go wage war in a crew match, peace, and whats up to every body.

Top Bottom