• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Zodiak-Lucien said:
any specific part in the university its at? also what about time.
Sorry I edited my post before you saw it, just check it again for time. I don't remember the name of the place though, some Hall I forgot which one, I'll look it up though.

EDIT: Check the first post by djkarthik for info

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Zodiak-Lucien said:
thanks a lot for the help.
Its the MacQarrie Hall.

When you get in... go up the 1st flight stairs... and go to the room farthest to the left, in the corner . The Smash music will help you out.

Normally teams should start at 12 and singles at 2... but you never know...

hiimadrian

Smash Rookie
darkatma told me to go here, cuz i need local smashers jus to smash...jus for fun. any of you live by south san francisco/san francisco/daly city/san bruno...PM me cuz i need practice.

Art?

Smash Journeyman
hiimadrian said:
darkatma told me to go here, cuz i need local smashers jus to smash...jus for fun. any of you live by south san francisco/san francisco/daly city/san bruno...PM me cuz i need practice.
go play lunin in daly city 'cause he sucks.

The King

Smash Ace
I think like the notion of doing Crew-Anythings sound like absolute fun. We should do something like this, be they Draft Crews =D, or Team Crews. Sounds too good!

Oh and I noticed Lunin's looking for $MMes again. Sir? Care to Dance?

King Out

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
Dang, i cant make the next two biweeklies.....im going camping for the one this saturday. As for the one after, i have wrestling camp(not that repulsive, FAKE, and GAY WWE ****!!!11!!) down in carlsbad.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
We did a draft crew before. It was me and Karthik. We drafted beforehand so several of my better players ended up not showing up. Still, though, it seemed like a good time was had by all involved.

The best thing for every crew battle is hype. I say we get a list of people who are willing to show up at 10AM, and then create something from that pool of players.

I really hate to ask this because I love it when people agree with me, but....Hyuga what did you agree with that I said? Was it my objections?

RPK

Smash Lord
Well you could get a list of the people there. Sign up like from...dunno cant think of a time. Anyways from that time to that time then you guys pick out your players then after your done we have a crew battle
EDIT: LOL Mykowave

SuperRad

Smash Master
if i were to take the 17 bus from santa cruz, what time would i have to leave to get there at 10?

and does it go all the way to SJSU? or is there going to be some walking involved. also is anyone planning on taking it on saturday, so i can have someone to talk to and guide me.

buses arent my thing

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Scamp said:
We did a draft crew before. It was me and Karthik. We drafted beforehand so several of my better players ended up not showing up. Still, though, it seemed like a good time was had by all involved.

The best thing for every crew battle is hype. I say we get a list of people who are willing to show up at 10AM, and then create something from that pool of players.

I really hate to ask this because I love it when people agree with me, but....Hyuga what did you agree with that I said? Was it my objections?
Hmm...yeah that sounds like a good idea, but the thread would get kind of cluttered (even moreso, cuz if I leave for like 3 hours then we have like 2 more pages :psycho: haha). I'm not sure exactly how that would work, you could pick like 11-15 people and have alternates if people don't show up, that's the probably the only way it could be done.

Art?

Smash Journeyman
last time when we had the draft crew battle like 3 people from our team (myself included) didn't get to play due to the fact that people from the other team didn't show up, thus making the teams quite lopsided. lunin was mopping the floor with a few people. i think drafting should be done during the "after teams but before singles" period since more people will be there by then, therefore eliminating the need for alternates. and i hope whoever the captains are know how to perform a fair draft.

i'd also like to see a draft crew vs. DBR... that would be nice.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Drafting beforehand has already proven that it's flawed.

I would have to say that let two captains be decided on the floor at 10AM. The best way to do it is with the top two players (King, Spectre, LunIn, Isai, etc), and have them draft on the spot with the players on the floor. Have drafting go from 10AM to 10:30AM, and make both captains ready before 10:45AM, and start immediately.

That'll be the best way so it doesn't get lopsided. Have fun guys.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
hah, it is actually a good idea to have the team captains equal in skill due to the average skill level possibly being lopsided. Usually for finals & semifinals, its the people that DON'T LEAVE RIGHT AWAY...(Foxroar, king, jeff, isai, zel, germ, bob). So we can do the crew battle before finals & semifinals.

Lets start drafting right after teams & at singles signups. I say King & I get captains, or Sheridan & BTZO, or Scamp & Boh Back. :) Boh Back...hahaha

Playing as a group makes the whole tournament Much much better, its like playing tag in 3rd grade with your whole class.......it was never fun with just the 5 person group.

And if you're going to make a crew against DBR, fight SF Asians as well.

Jeff
Me
Tang
Myko
Kurtis (He was an SF asian)
Danny
Mikkus
AZNZZNZNNZSPIKES

kaid

Smash Master
SuperRad said:
if i were to take the 17 bus from santa cruz, what time would i have to leave to get there at 10?

and does it go all the way to SJSU? or is there going to be some walking involved. also is anyone planning on taking it on saturday, so i can have someone to talk to and guide me.

buses arent my thing
It's about a ten block hike, or about half an hour.

PHD

Smash Apprentice
SuperRad said:

buses arent my thing
The 17 takes a while. If I remember correctly, it's like an hour from the metro station in santa cruz. Then you end up at the train station, and it's like a 20 minute walk from there to the university. I'm not really sure though. I'm sure there's a bus schedule on the internet, cuz you'd definitely need to plan it out to get there on time.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
LunInSpectra said:
hah, it is actually a good idea to have the team captains equal in skill due to the average skill level possibly being lopsided. Usually for finals & semifinals, its the people that DON'T LEAVE RIGHT AWAY...(Foxroar, king, jeff, isai, zel, germ, bob). So we can do the crew battle before finals & semifinals.

Lets start drafting right after teams & at singles signups. I say King & I get captains, or Sheridan & BTZO, or Scamp & Boh Back. :) Boh Back...hahaha

Playing as a group makes the whole tournament Much much better, its like playing tag in 3rd grade with your whole class.......it was never fun with just the 5 person group.
For captains it doesn't really bother me, but it's better to have the people at equal or really close skill level for captains like you said. All this is coo with me but last time it was fun cuz we had chatrooms discussing strategies and sh*t, but w/e.

Definitely 10 man crew battles, it's alot more fun like that. Maybe I'll get to play this time too :ohwell:

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Scamp said:
I agree with Scamp.

Man I can't wait for this biweekly. The Ragadoo feels good about this one.

foxroar

Smash Cadet
just got back from hawaii yesterday, need.... smash... my luigi kept getting so lucky at that last biweekly, i got saved by at least 2 miss fires Lunin up smashed me at like 90% and i hit an invis wall LOL remember? yeah you remember... and did you not know that Luigi's down air could spike? you seemed surprised lol but yeah i also liked being saved by random falling blocks on green greens when i fought King that was such a clooooosee match zomg, it was like whoever gets the next hit wins for like 2 mins... ahhh good times

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
foxroar said:
just got back from hawaii yesterday, need.... smash... my luigi kept getting so lucky at that last biweekly, i got saved by at least 2 miss fires Lunin up smashed me at like 90% and i hit an invis wall LOL remember? yeah you remember... and did you not know that Luigi's down air could spike? you seemed surprised lol but yeah i also liked being saved by random falling blocks on green greens when i fought King that was such a clooooosee match zomg, it was like whoever gets the next hit wins for like 2 mins... ahhh good times
Haha I know forrealz, those matches were way too good, I wuz like holdin ma breath the whole time with your 2nd set with Lunin lol :chuckle: . Luigi > Top Tier...even got me to pick him up. Hopefully we can smash pretty soon, I've been working alot with some of my secondaries, I wanna try them out, so hit me up whenever, I'm free, it'd just be tough to get there :ohwell:

Art?

Smash Journeyman
LunInSpectra said:
And if you're going to make a crew against DBR, fight SF Asians as well.
how about SF asians vs DBR? i haven't seen it yet. i heard about it during one of the biweeklies (i forgot which one) and i never really found out who won. i didn't even see the stockton guys in the crew battles, either. well, hopefully they'll be there to participate and stuff. i smell lots of crew battles for this saturday.

PHD

Smash Apprentice
X-Counter said:
How simple is it to tarvel to Fremont Bart station? Should I take AC Commute or Amtrak from there to get to San Jose?

U mean to travel from Fremont BART station? (cuz why would u wanna go to Fremont BART station?)

Well I'm gonna assume you're asking how to get to SJSU from fremont BART. Just take the 180 bus all the way to the San Jose train station near the HP pavilion. It's like an hour long ride. Then you have like a 20 min walk to get to the university if none of the other buses are coming.

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
WAHHHHH iono what to now!

draft crew whatever battles?

AM I GOING TO BE DRAFTED? omfg nooooo i refuse! the couch shall come with me lololol

....i didn't go on the comp for last tourney..=( grrr..

hmmm..oh shoot i think i forgot what to say now..

oh..iono if i'll join or not, probably yes and not play for real but..i wana go eat and then hang, let's go asians! YAYUHZZZ looollo ^^

oh yeah, umm...

just curious, for those of you that want to play 'serious' against my falco..at least tell me before we start the match..because i'm getting lazy and tired now

i wana play maplestory!

MAY POOL STORE EEKS!

Top Bottom