• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
uhh gimme a sec, ill try to find it online.

edit: god **** it was hard to find, but its called Golden Wok

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&address=570+S+Norfolk+St&city=San+Mateo&state=CA&zipcode=94401
GoldenWok sucks rofl in my opinion xD.

Traditional Native Taiwanese ahhh... LOL iono...

-Silver Lake on El Camino near 92 free way not so bad.
-A few chinesse rest in downtown san mateo. EXPENSIVE one on ummm 4th ave I think...
- Fancy vietnamese food on El camino and Ralston Ave
- Silver House which is across from silver Lake rofl.
- China Village on Ralston Avenue is pretty good
- ABC's in Foster City

Anyways just a list u can look at online or something.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
GoldenWok sucks rofl in my opinion xD.

Traditional Native Taiwanese ahhh... LOL iono...

-Silver Lake on El Camino near 92 free way not so bad.
-A few chinesse rest in downtown san mateo. EXPENSIVE one on ummm 4th ave I think...
- Fancy vietnamese food on El camino and Ralston Ave
- Silver House which is across from silver Lake rofl.
- China Village on Ralston Avenue is pretty good
- ABC's in Foster City

Anyways just a list u can look at online or something.
Dude, silver house? Man I used to go there religiously when I was younger. But lately... eww, that place has really fallen off.

Theres this one good viet restaurant (hella good bbq pork there xD), on I believe... 3rd avenue, like a few stores down from baskin robbins.

Oh and theres a good place that sells good pho for a pretty good prices, but its in foster city. Just go all the way down foster city blvd, til you find Ranch 99, its like right next to it.

Miztik

Smash Master
Maple is fun...it just sucks on how there always messing with the game....i stopped playing for awhile because of that but i played yesterday and it was quite fun....

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Maple is fun...it just sucks on how there always messing with the game....i stopped playing for awhile because of that but i played yesterday and it was quite fun....
By messing with the game you mean the inclusion of 2x cards right? Because that pretty much put ppl who don't have much NX way behind...

But if you're talking about patches, then HELL NAW. I love patches, it keeps everything new. Especially with this next patch being for maple weapons, its a great chance to get rich.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
You guys should all man up and join the smashers guild No Johns in Wow on Frostwolf server. Boback, King and I are the GMs.

darkatma

Smash Hero
that super mario game is addicting..however i never got past the 2nd stage cuz class ended early
ah
the 2nd stage took me forever to figure out
that one part with the spiky thingy walking back and forth took me so long, because I was trying to jump past it legitly, meaning perfect timing..
there's an easier way :p

I still don't know how to address BTZO.. i think i either tap him on the shoulder or say something like Bee tee zee oh, which is too much work.

Miharu

Smash Hero
At least it takes more teamwork and strategy then all star. All star is just hero killing after hero killing after hero killing.

Do you know how hard it is to kill said heroes? League play isn't like your everyday pub where everyone just autos a lane and tries to start off with tier 4 items in EM. Just because classic has other things to do doesn't mean it takes more skill to play than it does to play the current version.

Can't really comment on the "teamwork and strategy" aspect until you've played in higher-level vouch leagues.

I still don't know how to address BTZO.. i think i either tap him on the shoulder or say something like Bee tee zee oh, which is too much work.
***got works fine :D

darkatma

Smash Hero
lol too many dannys and dennys
actully just one of each.

yeah the cat mario game
I can beat it without losing lives now :p took me over an hour and a half first time through.. because the 4th stage ending.. i kept trying to go the normal way.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
Someone asked for Results and the results are a few pages back xD.

But off the time of my head? for top 3

Brawl singles
1. Zelgadis
2. Lucien
3. Germ

Brawl doubles
1. Lucien and Zelgadis
2. Germ and Hella
3. SideFX and Hyuga

Melee singles:
1. Zhu
2. SS
3. Luninspectra

Melee doubles:
1. Hyuga and Luninspectra
2. Zhu and Falcomist
3. BTZO and Foxroar

lol I wanna play starcraft so I can **** SideFx xD and NK =P.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I think I should just only play teams and quit singles for the rest of my life. I went 0-2 in Brawl singles and 1-2 in Melee singles.

I really think Brawl doubles >>>> singles if the singles metagame keeps going the way it is (not that singles isn't fun for me still). I think doubles takes a more diverse and interesting skillset to win also. Plus it's potentially easier to win money in teams, so there should be a bigger draw for it.

That being said, I really would like to see doubles become the 'main event' or at least at the same degree as singles are now. Any thoughts?

SuperRad

Smash Master
i like doubles
cause usually my partner is better then me and it makes me look like i dont blow ****

im kinda sad i missed this biweekly, but there were two other things going on that i already had a hard enough time picking between (i ended up partying, which was worth missing smash for. sorry dudes.)

rayecho

Smash Ace
I agree, teams are a lot different and i think there all around more fun. Even though i couldn't find a team mate for brawl or melee teams. >_<

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
I think I should just only play teams and quit singles for the rest of my life. I went 0-2 in Brawl singles and 1-2 in Melee singles.

I really think Brawl doubles >>>> singles if the singles metagame keeps going the way it is (not that singles isn't fun for me still). I think doubles takes a more diverse and interesting skillset to win also. Plus it's potentially easier to win money in teams, so there should be a bigger draw for it.

That being said, I really would like to see doubles become the 'main event' or at least at the same degree as singles are now. Any thoughts?
Don't get down cause of a bad record. Plus your matches were tough. Hostility and Lunin? wth is that.

I like teams. I dont play enough of them. I'll need a partner for UCLA though.

Speaking of teams, I believe SHADOW MOSES ISLAND can be legal, but only for teams. from the matches I've seen played there, it was all a bunch of cat and mouse and DDD infinites, along with dumb wall ricocheting. Teams tone down the former two, which leaves the walls, which doesnt seem too bad if a team plays its cards right.

quak

Smash Champion
okay guys, parents are outta the house again for a month

quakfest 8 will be happening based on popularity

who is interested seriously?

(it will mainly be melee)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Speaking of teams, I believe SHADOW MOSES ISLAND can be legal, but only for teams. from the matches I've seen played there, it was all a bunch of cat and mouse and DDD infinites, along with dumb wall ricocheting. Teams tone down the former two, which leaves the walls, which doesnt seem too bad if a team plays its cards right.
Haha, what about a 2 DDD team? Better yet, Four DDD's...

That would make it DDDDDDDDDDDD.

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Sheridan. Teams doesn't take as long as singles, and it's more fun for more people I think.

The King

Smash Ace
Yeah, judging by his Goomba Isai isn't very happy at all =/

Perhaps a Meat Festival would cheer you up.

Or some Brawwwwwwlllllllll

King Out

Top Bottom