• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i think we should just keep the normal stages and counterpicks, but be able to ban neutrals. It's too big of a tourney to be screwing with rules that may piss others off, just stick to the usual IMO

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I don't care if you're high or whatever. I just don't want anything to happen that if a cop was in the room, bad things would have a chance of happening. Really, like I said, I PERSONALLY don't care even if you DO smell like weed, but I'm not going to risk the tourney getting f'd up. It's not even my venue, it's Kizzo's, so ultimately he'd be the one getting screwed.

The random Arwing lasers are just as random as Green Greens blocks and Brian the Klaptrap, yes, but they aren't going to lead to a stock being instantly taken away/saved as often. Corneria and Peach's Castle are both campy yes, but I think in teams it's not as easy to camp as in singles.

As for people that would complain about a different ruleset, what about the people that are complaining about the 'normal' ruleset? Especially when compared to the one that we've worked on here, which is decidedly more balanced. People complain when you change things no matter what, so...

If you need cheering up, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57hSqLLfOv4

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
honestly i dont care a huge amount about the ruleset for this tourney. but seriously, lets hold on to our money for now and use it on a brawl tourney! get west coast on the map ASAP for brawl

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
(21:31:29) whitewashedninja: my goal is to be even with you before brawl comes out =)
(21:31:52) KizzoGirl: I'M NOT GOOD.
(21:31:55) KizzoGirl: haha
(21:31:58) whitewashedninja: mike never lies
(21:32:01) whitewashedninja: david you're hella good

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Mikes Delusional: oooo i'm a **** your ****
Mikes Delusional: watch
Miztik1: like i said you probally will
Mikes Delusional: wow you are no fun to talk **** to
Mikes Delusional: be like "no i'm a **** your ****"
Miztik1: your gunna **** my **** but ima **** you up

...i don't want to go anymore :[

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
I'm about to make a thread for the TVs, but before I do, does anybody have a rough idea of how many TVs we'll need. By myself, I can provide 8 and Hyuga/BTZO mentioned that we'll need roughly 13. The room will be more spacious than ever before though..

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Well we dont necessarily need a set amount of tvs, but obviously the more the better, so it'd be great if ppl could bring em =)

MaNg0

Smash Hero
pEOPLE when mike haze starts talkin **** at this tourmanet..

plz dont hate soCal..
he doesnt represent us all

So plz just hate him

not me or anybody else

!! ^___________^

WassupJB

Smash Lord
I'm about to make a thread for the TVs, but before I do, does anybody have a rough idea of how many TVs we'll need. By myself, I can provide 8 and Hyuga/BTZO mentioned that we'll need roughly 13. The room will be more spacious than ever before though..
you know i'm down to bring a tv and el cube o.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
let us realize that stages are banned to better balance the characters and then let us consider how tiers are made...sure some stages lead to camping but....no nm all stages lead to camping whether its a fox camping the top platform of dreamland vs. a peach or just running away shooting lasers or anyone camping the top platform of YS vs. a bowser cause that ****ing ***** him.....we should ban any stage where fox can hit you with a laser and you cant reach him

o also, fun fact: Klap Trap, Arwings, and Great Fox laserrs are NOT RANDOM....plz pay attention to your clock while u play on these levels

green greens blocks im not so sure about, but while we're at it let's ban Yoshi's Story cause shy guys block projectiles all over the place and they hella save ppl by DIing on them like how the blocks on greengreens save ppl and falco can kill ppl on that stage with 2 hits and dont get me started on marth omg...

EDIT: ya know when a person counterpicks a stage they do it BEFORE you choose your character...how about we pick up new characters that can better deal with our problems? if sum1 is taking you to a stage that a select few characters have camping ability on then pick YOUR character accordingly. but yeah corneria lasers are about as random as the cloud on yoshi's story and klap trap, which isnt even that bad, is crazy random like rainbow cruise's doughnut blocks

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I say... we get 2 bans, 2 resets, with Ship 10, with Peach's + whatever else on counterpick. If we're putting up the usable stages so much, it wouldn't do any harm to give extra bans to these who suck at other stages. Ban after character selection.

Sheridan that video cheered me up thanks.

But then there's another part of me that does want the same old ruleset. And no, it's not nostalgia. It just sucks when you get owned more by your enemy exploiting the stage than strictly by your opponent's skill. I think most people can agree with me there.

Top Bottom