• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
alot of the later matches matches in the bracket were recorded.

i remember that

me vs btzo
falcomist vs tang
tang vs ss
me vs tang
btzo vs falcomist
falcomist vs ss
tang vs ss (again)
ss 6-0ing me.

were recorded. so lots of stuff to look forward to.
lol I wish i hadd the TEAMS WINNER FINALS RECORDED OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGM LOL...

Also me vs Btzo... I dont think that was recorded ^^ since it was on the other TV... Kongo Jungle... but yea

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Mexican my boy you should team with me. And none better than a Nintendoking.

I know we've had our differences but I know deep down your not a bad guy and I know deep down I am one, so we can do the whole good cop bad cop thing in teams. It will be great.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I need a partner.

Does ICs + DK work?

Who else is looking for a partner? I hear Mexican won't team with white people.
lmao, i never said that, but that sounds like an interesting point. haha, are there any Mexicans that want a partner? Prefferable someone that can carry their own weight in a team match

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
lmao, i never said that, but that sounds like an interesting point. haha, are there any Mexicans that want a partner? Prefferable someone that can carry their own weight in a team match
yo yo yo thats me . i might need a partner for this. I can hold my own and we can be called the Mexikings. lol.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
HEY EVERYONE:

We need some input from the people that are going to attend!

For the NUB, the idea was proposed that we use that extra $300 or so we have sitting around from the failed NCT2 second tourney we raised. So, what would you guys like to be done with the money? Any ideas?

Also here is a preliminary ruleset, aka subject to change:

Pools to bracket. Each pool will have 6 people in it, so the number of pools will depend on how many people show up. The number of people that advance to bracket will be either 24, 32, or 48, whichever is closest to half of the number of entrants. For example, if we have 75 people, 32 people will advance to brackets: The top 2 from each of the 13 pools, plus 6 wild cards (top 6 records of people not in top 2 of their pool).

Each pool match will consist of a 2 of 3 set. The placings in pools are determined first by set wins, then individual game win-loss, and finally head-to-head. Head to head is last because overall diversity in winning and ability is more important.

Stage rules, etc., in pools and brackets may differ, with pools probably being simpler because it's hard to make noobs pay attention to rules.

But tentatively, pools will be what people are used to: 6 neutrals, advanced slobs, and 1 stage ban. Stage bans are to be done AFTER character selection. You may not change your character for the first game in response to the ban of your opponent.

In the brackets, Rainbow Cruise and DK64 will be added to random. In addition to a stage ban, each player gets one random reset.

Allowed counterpicks are: Rainbow Cruise, DK64, Corneria, Poke Floats, Mute City, Brinstar.

All other stages (including Green Greens and Jungle Japes) are BANNED.

You may ban neutral stages. If a neutral stage which was reset comes up a second time, it is still not played.

Wobbling is not banned.

Possible changes (your input here is greatly appreciated):

-Unbanning Green Greens and/or Japes. I personally think the random element of the falling and bomb blocks, and Brian the Klaptrap, are too much. Randomness itself is not necessarily bad (it's in even all our neutrals save FD and Battlefield), but the randomness has too high of a probability to significantly alter the outcome of the match, in my opinion.

-Allowing Peach's Castle as a counterpick in 2v2, or banning Corneria in 1v1. This stage has the same "problems" as Corneria, i.e. camping and a wall, and yet Corneria is still played, so I can't see the motivation to allow one and not the other. Additionally the random element of the Bullet Bill is easily avoidable and has the added bonus of forcing out campers. The random elements on Corneria, the arwings and lasers, are harder to avoid and more irritating.

-Alternative stage ban method. This is a stage ban method that I saw somewhere else that I think could find favor with all of you. Instead of picking a random first stage, each person takes turns striking neutrals until only one remains. That stage is then the first played. This requires an odd number of neutral stages, so for 5 neutrals, Yoshi's Story would be off, and for 7 neutrals, either DK64 or Cruise would be added. I think this method is good because then you truly get what both players think is the "neutral stage" in their particular matchup, and you eliminate the random element (ever notice how much people complain about randomness, and yet, to start every set, the first thing you do is hit a big button that says RANDOM). This method would be used in bracket only.

Let me know what you think!

Miztik

Smash Master
Man i like the pools i feel i have a chance now lol its gunna be hella fun cant wait

also i think corneria is a good banned idea due to extreme camping

Miharu

Smash Hero
HEY EVERYONE:
-Unbanning Green Greens and/or Japes. I personally think the random element of the falling and bomb blocks, and Brian the Klaptrap, are too much. Randomness itself is not necessarily bad (it's in even all our neutrals save FD and Battlefield), but the randomness has too high of a probability to significantly alter the outcome of the match, in my opinion.
I don't think the klaptrap is random; it's probably time-based like the cloud in YS. Green Greens is too fun :/

Zoap

Smash Master
HEY EVERYONE:

We need some input from the people that are going to attend!

For the NUB, the idea was proposed that we use that extra $300 or so we have sitting around from the failed NCT2 second tourney we raised. So, what would you guys like to be done with the money? Any ideas?
I dunno about taking everyones opinion, half these people weren't around at the time and the other half didnt attend any fundraiser. As I attended both fundraisers and I believe 100 of it should go towards teams and the other 200 to singles. This could potentially allow us to pay 4 places in both teams and singles, which I think if it large enough would be great for the competition.

Also here is a preliminary ruleset, aka subject to change:

Pools to bracket. Each pool will have 6 people in it, so the number of pools will depend on how many people show up. The number of people that advance to bracket will be either 24, 32, or 48, whichever is closest to half of the number of entrants. For example, if we have 75 people, 32 people will advance to brackets: The top 2 from each of the 13 pools, plus 6 wild cards (top 6 records of people not in top 2 of their pool).

Each pool match will consist of a 2 of 3 set. The placings in pools are determined first by set wins, then individual game win-loss, and finally head-to-head. Head to head is last because overall diversity in winning and ability is more important.

Stage rules, etc., in pools and brackets may differ, with pools probably being simpler because it's hard to make noobs pay attention to rules.

But tentatively, pools will be what people are used to: 6 neutrals, advanced slobs, and 1 stage ban. Stage bans are to be done AFTER character selection. You may not change your character for the first game in response to the ban of your opponent.

In the brackets, Rainbow Cruise and DK64 will be added to random. In addition to a stage ban, each player gets one random reset.

Allowed counterpicks are: Rainbow Cruise, DK64, Corneria, Poke Floats, Mute City, Brinstar.

All other stages (including Green Greens and Jungle Japes) are BANNED.

You may ban neutral stages. If a neutral stage which was reset comes up a second time, it is still not played.

Wobbling is not banned.
I dont think either Green Greens or Jungle Japes should be banned.

Possible changes (your input here is greatly appreciated):

-Allowing Peach's Castle as a counterpick in 2v2, or banning Corneria in 1v1. This stage has the same "problems" as Corneria, i.e. camping and a wall, and yet Corneria is still played, so I can't see the motivation to allow one and not the other. Additionally the random element of the Bullet Bill is easily avoidable and has the added bonus of forcing out campers. The random elements on Corneria, the arwings and lasers, are harder to avoid and more irritating.

-Alternative stage ban method. This is a stage ban method that I saw somewhere else that I think could find favor with all of you. Instead of picking a random first stage, each person takes turns striking neutrals until only one remains. That stage is then the first played. This requires an odd number of neutral stages, so for 5 neutrals, Yoshi's Story would be off, and for 7 neutrals, either DK64 or Cruise would be added. I think this method is good because then you truly get what both players think is the "neutral stage" in their particular matchup, and you eliminate the random element (ever notice how much people complain about randomness, and yet, to start every set, the first thing you do is hit a big button that says RANDOM). This method would be used in bracket only.

Let me know what you think!
I like the idea of Peach's Castle on doubles, don't ban Corneria, also that ban method is interesting but people suck at remembering the normal way I wouldn't complicate it.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I think Onett is more fair than Green Greens. Both have low ceilings and are campable. Onett is a bit worse when it comes to the side walls but that somewhat equals not being able to kill downwards. Finally, the side walls are not as bad as explosive blocks, I'd rather get waveshined straight into a wall than blown up by a block. It's not the blocks that are sitting there I hate - those can be manipulated and planned for, but it's those ones that land on my head when I hit R to roll up from the edge and make me airdodge that I hate. *******s.

Also Peach's Castle is bad but not as bad as Jungle Japes. Brinstar is fun. How about Brinstar on random instead of DK64? That stage is boring.

Finally, Corneria is only broken with certain characters (ahem) against certain characters.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
For pools we might have to do 2 matches instead of a set i think sheridan, just because we're going to have such a large turnout. The stages seem to be fine, but I don't know why you are insisting on DK64 as a random stage. I'm fine with it being a counterpick, but having DK64 AND Rainbow Cruise seems like a bit much imo.

Zoap's idea ftw btw, 100 to teams and 200 to singles. As for paying up to 4 places ehh...doesn't matter too much, its a good idea to think about though.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
The simple plan for counterpicks should simply be to not have those which unduly favor one character or another. I don't think counterpicks should amount to an auto-win, which is what they amount to initially if you're Jiggs (Mute City or Brinstar) or Fox (Poke, Corneria, Green Greens, take your pick).

Top Bottom