• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Zoap

Smash Master
there is always snaps berkeley room, he might be able to get it for two days. of course this is all up to his school. those rankings are too good lunin

HylianLord

Smash Ace
hmm i had a hard time getting my dad to drive me to SJSU (well not really...) but for SF, i'd probably hafta promise my dad i'll kill myself right after the tourny is done (well not really XD...). not like i'd do well (or even ok) in a big tourny anways XD.

Miharu

Smash Hero
LunInSpectra said:
You're right!! IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RAWRRRRR
THAN FRAN THITH KOH!!!!

(relax hydro)
So I guess it's SF then? Or am I taking everything too literally?

I don't want to drive 30+ minutes T_T. At least I won't be doing the driving, since my parents are paranoid I'll get into an accident and die if I drive on the freeway.

From now on, ignore me, since my opinions are considered null and void T_T

thefusion

Smash Ace
Oh man, Hydro Kirby, give it a break. San Fransisco is an hour away for us San Jose smashers. We should just see how much of a travel change it is for the majority of us.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Any word on when the videos will be up? I want to see my best friend Foxroar finally online :p (oh, and you better bet that at NCT2 I'll have some of my matches recorded as well, chi ^_<).

sidefx

Smash Champion
bart leads to sf from every point in the bay area. its the logical choice.

just because 6 people from the south bay cant make it to a sf tourny doesnt mean that you have to spoil it for the other 100+ that will be attending the tourny. including OOS and socal and north bay, east bay, sac, etc...

2 day event sounds good too.. OH. and dont forget.. norcal vs. socal round2. this time.. we dominate.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Rey, if you can find a place to hold 100+ from early morning December 16th, to late night December 17th, I will gladly host NCT2 at San Francisco. Get back to me.

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
MyKo said:
luckily like luninspectra said,

you don't have a say in this b/c you're from sj lol. :laugh:
Myko now officially does not get to have his own computer at the next tournament. Hahaha.

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
MyKo said:
luckily like luninspectra said,

you don't have a say in this b/c you're from sj lol. :laugh:
lPOop1lpO!o[borb{@OLK@IOI@QHRiG@RI2:U@B@ STipUd IDioT LO!LO!LO!l

yeah SF seroiuSLY!!! a lot cooler than SJ ^^

OMGoggomg CAntt waIt hyppEeeeee ----> hYpERz!!!!~~~~~~~

=D yaYYAyaiShlYnEss!!!!! ^^^^ LOklopL!Lp rofl u sj ppl suk ahhh wait im in sj too ZahahhhHh why? >< >< >< ., <> .<> loLOLl myko rofl

by then Asizian DbR lOL!opL!PO!OP

Miharu

Smash Hero
thefusion said:
Oh man, Hydro Kirby, give it a break. San Fransisco is an hour away for us San Jose smashers. We should just see how much of a travel change it is for the majority of us.
*cough* jk *cough*

Couldn't you tell? -_-

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
No one really has much of a say except me. :laugh:

However, you're welcome to make suggestions, and I've asked Rey to find out.

MyKo

Smash Lord
You Probably Can Tell After IP Tracking Me.
Nekurbis86 said:
lPOop1lpO!o[borb{@OLK@IOI@QHRiG@RI2:U@B@ STipUd IDioT LO!LO!LO!l

yeah SF seroiuSLY!!! a lot cooler than SJ ^^

OMGoggomg CAntt waIt hyppEeeeee ----> hYpERz!!!!~~~~~~~

=D yaYYAyaiShlYnEss!!!!! ^^^^ LOklopL!Lp rofl u sj ppl suk ahhh wait im in sj too ZahahhhHh why? >< >< >< ., <> .<> loLOLl myko rofl

by then Asizian DbR lOL!opL!PO!OP
YOU FDSUOLK%N:@KL $!IIDO TLOLOl

YOU IDIOT P P
O L
L

L
L

L

YOU SPAMMING MORE THAN ME LOL

SPAM SO MUCH THAT YOU CAN EAT IT P P P POP OPOP

..spamwich? { L

L
PL
L
L

L

practically i say an sf tourney would be nice. i can't even remember the last one. what, B4N? so long ago, that was last year, i barely can remember anything last year haha.

DARN YOU KURTIS dont spam more than me, that's MY JOB P O O POP O POP OP PO

"GO TEAM SPAMWICH!" LOL [just a funny idea]

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
uhrjshu rjjr r
t

s rt rtjsrtj
sj
sj
srtjst
jtstjsrtjsrjj

srjrsjsr in yo mouth.

shjsjsjs MYKO MYKO lol

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
So basically lets think of it like this...where are the majority of players?

People that will benefit from an SF tourny

SF Players
DBR & Concord Folk
Antioch
Berkeley
Fremont

People that will benefit from an SJ tourny

SJ folk...

Oh yeah
Did anybody know that people from Concord drive just about 2 hours to get to SJ? <-- They don't even complain about it.

And DON'T have it in SJ just for Isai...that's just ridiculous

SF :: It makes sense, is more popular, more efficient for the group as a whole, and easier to find venues. Take the hour drive you darn SJ folks, or take Public Transportation. It's just a little frustrating watching fremont have a hard time getting to SJ when they live so close...

Snap

Smash Ace
LunInSpectra said:
So basically lets think of it like this...where are the majority of players?

People that will benefit from an SF tourny

SF Players
DBR & Concord Folk
Antioch
Berkeley
Fremont

People that will benefit from an SJ tourny

SJ folk...

Oh yeah
Did anybody know that people from Concord drive just about 2 hours to get to SJ? <-- They don't even complain about it.

And DON'T have it in SJ just for Isai...that's just ridiculous

SF :: It makes sense, is more popular, more efficient for the group as a whole, and easier to find venues. Take the hour drive you darn SJ folks, or take Public Transportation. It's just a little frustrating watching fremont have a hard time getting to SJ when they live so close...
don't forget that ZOAP is the one who drives most of the concord people to the tournament, and it takes 20 minutes to get to concord from antioch in the first place. the zoap, you're teh 1337.

I'm all for SF, if you guys can get a pro hax0rz room, so let us know if you can. if you fall short in your search, just let me know and we can have it in this room in berkeley i can reserve. I can get 7 TVs from the school itself and they're good sized, plus i can bring a couple TVs myself and we're already lookin at around 10 tvs. keep in mind that berkeley is uber accessible to BART and u can take a bus directly to the tournament location. oh, and former DBR member PERPETUAL ZERO would definitely make it. just some food for thought :)

EDIT: also, berkeley is hella close to SF too, so scamp me sam and some others of my good berkeley friends such as PERPETUAL ZERO, Ace, DK, Alex Yim, Tim, Charles, Dash, and a bunch of others would fall in love with anyone who made the tournaments nearby.

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
personally, i think it would be better in san jose, because me being 14 cant really travel to san fransisco if i live in scotts valley

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
BART is really good for those who hate these outrageous gas prices. I'm sorry to those who live in San Jose and can't travel, but your city does not have a BART station making it difficult for many smashers outside of San Jose to find an easy ride.

-----------------
Rey, try to find a place in San Francisco that we can get for those 2 days.

THE SNAP, does it cost anything to rent the room near your place?
-----------------

Also, I can't keep going back and forth from Fremont. Wherever the tournament ends up being, I will need housing from Friday night to possibly Monday morning. It comes down to whether or not we can get the place for 2 days.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Snap said:
karthik: it's free to reserve the room
Snap, few more questions.

1) How many people can the place hold?
2) Can it be rented for 2 straight days?
3) Will you or anyone else nearby be able to house a bunch of people?

Snap

Smash Ace
djkarthik said:
Snap, few more questions.

1) How many people can the place hold?
2) Can it be rented for 2 straight days?
3) Will you or anyone else nearby be able to house a bunch of people?

The place can hold plenty of people. It's called the Unit 2 Recreation Room, and it's larger than the room at SJSU. It can probably hold 100+ people.

I don't know if I can rent it for 2 days straight, but I can check.

--

I personally won't be able to house a bunch of people. If you saw how small my room is (im in the dorms), you might not want to ever go to college--or at least dorm at one. I'm not really sure where people will be able to stay, so that might be a problem. But if it's only for one day then that will be the best ever. Why are we looking to do this for two days? just wonderin

-the snap

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
LunInSpectra said:
If we do two days, make it this

Crews, Teams, LTT = Day 1

Singles = Day 2

(In singles lets have some Pools...I haven't done pools since MLG)
OMFGI'm so gonna pwn at LLT. Watch out for the Young Link!

PS. I'm thinking about hosting bi-weekly tournaments over the summer called "TTC: Top-Tier Canceling tournaments" haha, just for low-tiers.

Miharu

Smash Hero
LunInSpectra said:
If we do two days, make it this

Crews, Teams, LTT = Day 1

Singles = Day 2

(In singles lets have some Pools...I haven't done pools since MLG)
Forgive me for being an ignorant newb, but what are pools?

And I'm really fine with any location, as long as it's within reasonable driving distance, but bleh, do whatever's best for the majority of the people =]

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Lunin, if I get to run anything we're gonna have double elimination pools! Means you have to lose two pools to leave the tourney. This can be done especially if I get a whole day to run a tourney.

But three tournies in one day? Not happening unless we have less than 50 people. Or unless one of the tournies is single elim or something.

Oh, and in Simna vs. Kizzo I'd take Simna.

Top Bottom