• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

noob ikes, seriously

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
**** you if you do any of the following....

*spam side B and get punished for it
*spam upB and get punished for it
*spam smashes
*never use Nair
*think highly of yourself because your character can ko someone at low percents
*think youre invincible
*think ike is the best character
*spam jab combo even when facing the wrong direction
*use ike exclusively

this goes out to all of you people who do this, because in a forum full of ike users, im sure alot of you pick ike for stupid reasons.
i dont care if its repetitive, i want to remind you i havent forgotten, every ike noob will fall at my hands one day
(much respect for skilled ike players)

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
lmao not really. i agree with this guy for the most part.

except using Ike exclusively. Nothing wrong with that if you're beast with him.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
In other words: If you perform any of Ike's attacks, you're a noob. Thats special.
youre obviously just being a **** head, i didnt say that by far, theres alot of good ikes out there, alot of skilled players too.
youd be lying if you dont agree with what i said, too many people spam with ike and it gets them KOd, just because they think ike is a god...

maybe you are offended because you are one of these people and this doesnt compute?
or maybe youre offended because you already KNOW about these people and dont care?
whatever

edit: yeah using ike exclusively is cool, but when you suck & keep using him then youre mentally incapable of playing smash

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
You forgot to ad "Never use bair"

I have seena lot of Ike's completely ignore that one and it's one of his best moves (if not the best for the very fact that it has no lag).

I love the people who spam sideB though, I just roll behind them and smack them.

Z O S O

Smash Cadet
I'd like to fight you, see if i'm a "skilled Ike player"

But what you're saying is, not to use Ike's moves repetitiously, (smash attacks), especially if they aren't working? To have variation in his attacks... Basically what you're getting at.

Oxega

Smash Rookie
Hes right for the most part. Most people think the quickdraw approach is so great even though its not even close and my brother would def. fall here. He hates Ike because he thinks hes broken and spams the AAA and quickdraw and the bair is not even near as good as the fair or nair for approaching only for KOing or jumpcanceling the sheild would you like use it. Even though I see so many people try to run and RAR as an approach while it is so predictable

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
*think youre invincible
*use ike exclusively
1. Shouldn't you? I mean you wouldn't think highly of yourself as an Ike player because he is SUPA-FAST!!!1
2. Okay, that's just gay.
3. Shouldn't you think your main is the best character...? Why the hell else would you play it?
4. Maybe people just want to get really good with one specific player, like Gimpyfish and Bowser.

I'm sorry, but the OP is a fool.

Also, isn't being a noob an inherent part of playing Ike? I mean he does fight for his friends...(just kidding of course :laugh:)

Pabs

Smash Cadet
Nub players will be nubs no matter what character they pick. No need to pick on the bad Ikes.

Pabs

Smash Cadet
Nub players will be nubs no matter what character they pick. No need to pick on the bad Ikes.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
but ike is a magnet for nub players i mean, because of his attributes of strength, people think "DUR STRONG MEEN GOOD"
when it really doesnt, they dont understand hes actually BALANCED not BROKEN

XACE-K

Smash Master
Nub Ikes also play as him because he looks cool meanwhile they don't know anything anout him. You can add that to the list if you want GreatDekuTree.

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Lol... sticky this ****.

What's kind of pathetic is that A LOT OF PEOPLE PLAY IKE. I went over to the Character Poll the other day, and Ike had like... a lot of people.

Methinky that about... 50-60% of the people who said they play Ike fell under the categories in your list XD.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
you guys are all stupid
someone paid $50 for their game, let them play however they want

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
if they are a nub Ike, they are easy to kill, what are you complaining about? how you ran into their forward smash? Don't complain when its your mistakes getting you killed by nubs.

But i agree that nubs do in fact do what you have listed. Just don't pick on them =\

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
What's kind of pathetic is that A LOT OF PEOPLE PLAY IKE. I went over to the Character Poll the other day, and Ike had like... a lot of people.

Methinky that about... 50-60% of the people who said they play Ike fell under the categories in your list XD.
Make that 80%, but don't worry, most will stop playing him anyway. As the metagame get's better and bigger, Ike is gonna be harder and harder to play. Right now, Ike is in his easy stages.

As to the n00bs, there is indeed one simple solution, only play people you know from Melee, if they didn't play Melee, well, they have no idea what they are doing yet.

Gill

Smash Journeyman
This is coming from somebody who I've seen use Olimar, and just roll and spam side-b.

>_>

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it

*use ike exclusively
I didn't notice this before, but, this is stupid. I can understand where you get everything else from but this? Ike is a lot better then some chars were in Melee. Yes, Ike won't win tournaments, but still, he is a better main then Pichu, Roy, Mewtwo or Bowser ever were.

templar rage

Smash Cadet

*spam side B and get punished for it
*spam upB and get punished for it
*spam smashes
*never use Nair
*think youre invincible
*spam jab combo even when facing the wrong direction
*use ike exclusively

this goes out to all of you people who do this, because in a forum full of ike users, im sure alot of you pick ike for stupid reasons.
i dont care if its repetitive, i want to remind you i havent forgotten, every ike noob will fall at my hands one day
(much respect for skilled ike players)

I think that makes you a noob. You seem to think very highly of yourself, and you think you are invincible because you say you can and will beat every Ike noob, and you basically say everyone is.

If you spam moves, you will get punished, as we all know. If you want to main Ike, what is wrong with using him exclusively? Don't assume to call people noobs just because they use their favorite character all the time. I use Olimar all the time, does that make me an Olimar noob?

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
sooooo lets say i dont spam any moves... utilize his whole move set but still aren't that good with him. any tips?
i've been finding his recovery pretty terrible

ps. i haven't put too much time into my ike as of yet. toon link's gotten most of my attention

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
what was the point to this topic? to make yourself feel smart by saying what not to do. and you obviously don't know what your talking about because you should nair, if spaced correctly it can start combo's. and why do you use ike because he's good? fun to use? i use him because i played fire emblem **gasp** and even more surprisingly i like ike **gasp again*. and if your gonna make fun of other people look at your sig.
it's pretty gay. why dont you go to the artwork emporium and ask me to make you an "im an ike noob" sig so you get to match you. and yes ike isnt broken hes just good. top of mid tier at most.

and here is my sig shop so you can ask for that sig

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=160913

MajiNfraze

Smash Apprentice
Not that all Ikes are scrubs, there's just a lot of scrub Ikes, because he's an easy to play and noob-friendly character. But, nubs can be fairly effective with him, which is where the OP's frustration comes in. There just aren't enough cutting-edge advanced techniques to completely **** nubs using easy characters yet.

Notice I'm not calling all Ikes scrubs, there just happens to be a disproportionate amount of nub-success using this character.

Its like Rogues in wow right now. They are OP and easy to play, but not all rogues are bad.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
what was the point to this topic? to make yourself feel smart by saying what not to do. and you obviously don't know what your talking about because you should nair, if spaced correctly it can start combo's. and why do you use ike because he's good? fun to use? i use him because i played fire emblem **gasp** and even more surprisingly i like ike **gasp again*. and if your gonna make fun of other people look at your sig.
it's pretty gay. why dont you go to the artwork emporium and ask me to make you an "im an ike noob" sig so you get to match you. and yes ike isnt broken hes just good. top of mid tier at most.

and here is my sig shop so you can ask for that sig

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=160913

Umm...you're an idiot.

The topic creator I have to agree with...and this is coming from a fellow Ike player...I've ditto'd tons of nub Ikes and it's pretty ridiculous.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Umm...you're an idiot.

The topic creator I have to agree with...and this is coming from a fellow Ike player...I've ditto'd tons of nub Ikes and it's pretty ridiculous.
so have i but why care. there is a big advanced smash community to play dont critizie noobs for being noobs. et them enjoy the game.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i never use n-air.
and the fact that ike kos and low damage is part of what makes him a non-sucky character
other than that, this is common sense

Rauzaruke

Smash Apprentice
Not really when you consider how grossly overused Ike is used in online play...
I think thats what the OP was getting at. There are more Ikes on Wifi than any other character. And for the record I haven't found one that was actually didn't do most of what the OP's list stated. Ather spam, B> Spam, and Front Smash spam, and Triple A spam is all of their game. It's really annoying when for Five straight team matches everyone besides me is either Ike or Link. :/

Its not hating noobs for being noobs, but more of fighting Ike all of the time. I'd rather fight a good Ike rather than dodging the predictable spam.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
iKE IS A NOOB CHARACTER
I laugh at you vec you already lost to wolf because of your comments in the wolf thread now your looking for an ike to lose to?:laugh:

Anyway yeah i have to agree that most of the things said are used by noobs especially the spam up B but there is nothing you can do about it they will just lose so there is no point in really bothering with this. There will be noobs using each char. it cant be helped not everyone is going to be a tourny player.
(Respect to skilled players)

Top Bottom