• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

noob ikes, seriously

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Dude, Ike is a n00b magnet just like Roy was back in Melee. Power, swords and T3H PYH1R3!!11!!one!! tend to all attract n00bs because they're "cool".

Ike also has the awesomeness of not looking like a Lord. He actually looks rater badass compared to most of the Fire Emblem cast. This does nothing to stem his popularity.

Ease of use (at the beginner level) attracts even more players. A group of complete n00bs can get togeather, and Ike will likely dominate because of his heavy hitting moves. More reason he's popular amongst them.

What am I telling you? The over yourself! N00bs always exist amongst character communities, and if your character happens to be a n00b magnet, you need to learn to deal with it, because they aren't going to listen to you. You have to learn to work around them (like in the Roy boards) and learn which members of the Ike community actually have something useful to say.

The other option you have of course, is to help these n00bs become non-n00bs like many of us are trying. >.>

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
whats wrong with thinking ike is the best and besides all that complaining about spamming applies to any character not just ike. i actually think those ppl spam with every1 cause i have a friend who does that and when he uses ike i always make him bend over and have my way with him whats the big deal its an easy win.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I don't get the point of this, your irriated because of the way certain people play? You're wasting a awful lot of energy and effort on this then what it's worth.

I'm guessing you're mad because you have uncontrollable tendency to walk directly into all of Ike's moves. The fact that you hate this simply shows your inability to cope with "n00b" players. Let them do what they want with who they want, just play smart and don't get hit.

No johns.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
**** you if you do any of the following....

*spam side B and get punished for it
*spam upB and get punished for it
*spam smashes
*never use Nair
*think highly of yourself because your character can ko someone at low percents
*think youre invincible
*think ike is the best character
*spam jab combo even when facing the wrong direction
*use ike exclusively

this goes out to all of you people who do this, because in a forum full of ike users, im sure alot of you pick ike for stupid reasons.
i dont care if its repetitive, i want to remind you i havent forgotten, every ike noob will fall at my hands one day
(much respect for skilled ike players)
A lot of people who use Side B a lot actually annoy their opponent, smart people also don't get punished very often for it.

Up+B can get predictable, but it does a lot of damage and most fear it.

Spam smashes and get punished is a bit noobish; but hell, a lot of times they mess up and fall right into it, owning themselves.

Think you're invincible. ROFL. Who doesn't at some point in their life?

Ike is the best character, GOD TIER YOU *******.

Why would someone do this?

And nothing wrong with ONLY using the best char in the game; I mean, Ike is too good. =]

BlackieChan

Smash Rookie
If anything, you say that using ikes moves make you a noob. that may be so, but if you manage to HIT with them 99% of the time, that kind of makes u proficient, or at least the other person a noob.

Sacrifar

Smash Rookie
**** you if you do any of the following....

*spam side B and get punished for it
*spam upB and get punished for it
*spam smashes
*never use Nair
*think highly of yourself because your character can ko someone at low percents
*think youre invincible
*think ike is the best character
*spam jab combo even when facing the wrong direction
*use ike exclusively

this goes out to all of you people who do this, because in a forum full of ike users, im sure alot of you pick ike for stupid reasons.
i dont care if its repetitive, i want to remind you i havent forgotten, every ike noob will fall at my hands one day
(much respect for skilled ike players)

Looks like somebody got Forward-Smashed by Ike's sword into sweet Oblivion.

Zukaza

Smash Apprentice
A lot of people who use Side B a lot actually annoy their opponent, smart people also don't get punished very often for it.

Spam smashes and get punished is a bit noobish; but hell, a lot of times they mess up and fall right into it, owning themselves.

And nothing wrong with ONLY using the best char in the game; I mean, Ike is too good. =]
Rok, you forget something... Ike is not god tier. HE IS GOD!!! Jk, but um yea if you really want to know who is a noob ike. Then play that person, funny thing if you get punished yourself. I would lol.

Lord_Naomasa

Smash Apprentice
I killed a halfway charged up forward smash and killed Dede in the middle of final Destination when he was only 18%

Ike kills everyone

Ike obliterates all

Ike can kill easily in two attacks = ****

noobs suck at Ike, but Ike owns with good players

edit: And just use counter on noobs spamming smashes

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord

wtf is wrong with you ike is not God tier you ***. he has bad match ups and hard match ups hes high middle tier at MOST.your an idiot. and why are you such a hater leave noobs alone let them have fun if you have a problem with them then dont play them simple. but i do get what your saying.

Dude, Ike is a n00b magnet just like Roy was back in Melee. Power, swords and T3H PYH1R3!!11!!one!! tend to all attract n00bs because they're "cool".

Ike also has the awesomeness of not looking like a Lord. He actually looks rater badass compared to most of the Fire Emblem cast.
now your a dumb *** roy was not a noob magnet if you dont recall roy was low tier weak and sucked. i played roy he sucked.

now most of the fire emblem cast look bad ***. Hector, black night, jaffar, dart, sain, guy, lyn ect. ect. ect.

by the way im not trying to be an as s about it i mean nothing personaly just wanna get my point across

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord

you haven't changed one bit.

anyway, I consider this one of the only good threads here. there are noobs of every character, but Ike especially. and yes, you can get punished for sideB, I can't count how many times I got a wario-bite on my friend for side-Bing into it.

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
he's a good character for begginers, and if spamming smash attakcs beats people then what's so bad about it? Why do players HAVE to show skill? I think it's funny to see a player standing on the other side of the field swinging like a blind man while my character is just kicking back....even better in FFAs when there are fireworks to enjoy hint hint wink wink.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
but ike is a magnet for nub players i mean, because of his attributes of strength, people think "DUR STRONG MEEN GOOD"
when it really doesnt, they dont understand hes actually BALANCED not BROKEN
A lot of nubs play Marth...
And Wolf...
And Fox...
Especially Sonic...Sonic nubs are by far the worst.

I've noticed most Ike nubs go back to their speed whores after losing endlessly. Also, Ike is by no means balance, nor is he broken, NOR is he bad or so-so. He's a great character who cannot be played like most characters.

Make that 80%, but don't worry, most will stop playing him anyway. As the metagame get's better and bigger, Ike is gonna be harder and harder to play. Right now, Ike is in his easy stages.

As to the n00bs, there is indeed one simple solution, only play people you know from Melee, if they didn't play Melee, well, they have no idea what they are doing yet.
There won't be that much of a "metagame" in Brawl. The large lack of "advanced techniques" *cough* exploits *cough cough* assures this. Brawl is also a lot more balanced.

I killed a halfway charged up forward smash and killed Dede in the middle of final Destination when he was only 18%

Ike kills everyone

Ike obliterates all

Ike can kill easily in two attacks = ****

noobs suck at Ike, but Ike owns with good players

edit: And just use counter on noobs spamming smashes
Counter is underused, and I agree with you completely that Ike is not a good character for n00bz. Ike SEEMS like a good character for n00bz, but really, only the greatest can use Ike to his full potential.
I chose Ike because
A. I like Fire Emblem
B. I like Ike
C. Ike was Greater than God in PoR (sadly, he isn't in Brawl)
D. I like Teh Pyhres

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Topic creator needs to add "having Ike as an avatar on SWF" as one of the nub Ike requirements LOL. Seriously if you have Ike as your avatar.. *_*

EXE

Smash Cadet
I fought a Wario spamming the Bike yesterday. I got a little unlucky with the stage's threats, but managed to take it to sudden death. Then, he went bike on me and I countered. I LMAO'd after that.

I spam Aether a little, but usually don't get punished for it.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
I fought a Wario spamming the Bike yesterday. I got a little unlucky with the stage's threats, but managed to take it to sudden death. Then, he went bike on me and I countered. I LMAO'd after that.

I spam Aether a little, but usually don't get punished for it.
There are so many good situations to use Aether in battles, but people don't use it for fear of being a n00bz Aether spammer.

Ike's counter is delicious

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
Put simply anyone who gets killed by any character spamming any move will begin to call the character a nub magnet. If you have read the posts for other characters (such as wolf, metaknight, sonic, wario, etc..) and all of them are the same with person after person complaining about the spammers on wifi. I myself am proficieant at mario and use the cape/fludd for every kill that I get and people have said that I was a nub just for using that strategy. When I am Ike I admit that I tend to spam uair, counter, and eruption but I use them with good timing and almost always hit my target, so does that still make me a nub for being attracted to his powerful moves and bandana. I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for my bad gramaticness but I am currently only getting a D in my english III class :(

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Put simply anyone who gets killed by any character spamming any move will begin to call the character a nub magnet. If you have read the posts for other characters (such as wolf, metaknight, sonic, wario, etc..) and all of them are the same with person after person complaining about the spammers on wifi. I myself am proficieant at mario and use the cape/fludd for every kill that I get and people have said that I was a nub just for using that strategy. When I am Ike I admit that I tend to spam uair, counter, and eruption but I use them with good timing and almost always hit my target, so does that still make me a nub for being attracted to his powerful moves and bandana. I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for my bad gramaticness but I am currently only getting a D in my english III class :(
This man knows his ****! If you use a move well, no matter how many times you use it, you are not a nub. Now, if that's ALL you use, then you're a lucky nub.

Samus_2021

Smash Journeyman
theGreatDekuTree: What's with all the hostility? While there are certain things I agree on and understand in your list, it just seems like you've had one too many bad Ike experiences (in terms of not having a decent opponent). Having said that, these opponents of yours are just inexperienced Ike users.

Being an Ike user myself, there are many ways to use him IF you know what you're doing. I didn't pick up Ike's fighting style the first few times I used him, it takes time and practice which is obvious.

If you see these apparent “noobs” not using Ike to his potential, then fine, punish their mistakes. Doing so will cause your opponents to think of the following:

- How they can improve their Ike game: Analyze what moves work under what conditions

OR

- Reconsider if Ike really fits their fighting style. Ike is not for everyone.

Brawl has enough negative flack as it is. Everyone was a noob at Smash at one point.

Top Bottom