• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Waahs: The Return of the Troll! Scarborough, January 9th, 2010

n0ne

Smash Ace
sounds great. Ive been to tourneys over here in Nicaragua but theyre not so..
heavy-ruled-based but, no matter. Ill See what i can do.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Looft. They're not terribly broken. They're not considered the top team by most people. But one MK can be frustrating enough. I mean, when I teamed with Joe at the last scarbs, I put work in, but alot of the time the steady plan was "Jon, hang back a bit, don't be too aggressive. Attack when the opportunity arises, otherwise, let me **** **** up." - Joe. Against Cruxis and Mikey, two of the top players in the scene, Joe was beasting on them by himself. I was just a bonus to help clinch the matches.

TBH I don't know why it's being banned, i can't actually think of any logical reason, but something just bothers me about fighting two MKs. It just makes your blood boil, you want to break something and hurt someone. Overall, they're not necessarily difficult to face, but they're frustrating as ****. Especially given some of the top player's playstyles.

MK has clutch mode (See; Super Saiyan Sauga Mode), a rare condition in which the character can make desperate situations seem like a simple comeback.

nickcam

Smash Ace
No ****in luigis mansion ****. We already have freakin norfair and now u want luigis mansion. Lets put god dam bridge of eldin and hannenbow on. Make it a WC tourney

KingAce

Smash Ace
in my opinion the 2 best doubles teams are snake+mk and gw+mk, not dbl mk. double mk is just annoying for people in our scene to fight against cause we dont have any reallyyy good snakes nor any really good gws, both those chars mixed with a mk can **** up double mk. so by banning double mk i guess its just more fun for our scene.

snake c4+ mk tornadoing = deaths as low as 50-60% .. and we all know how easy nado is to pull off in doubles
also nades = limit tornado spam plus snake with good di easily lives 160+ as long as he doesnt get gimped
gw... nado doesnt work on him period youll just get up b into another attack, sometimes even a kill move if your teammate isnt fast enough to help you and hes a lot harder to fight in doubles then singles if your playing mk

Tin Man

Smash Hero
wigi mansion +1, double MK is banned, + since there is a lot of doubles interest it needs moar stages according to Gi, Luigi's mansion plz, or replace norfair/pictochat with luigi's mansion, its moar legit anyways, stage cant hurt u.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'm still trying to convince my sister to let me go, I'll confirm or not by tomorrow or Thursday. I'm trying really hard to convince her, but she's probably gonna ***** to me about having exams coming up.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
huhhhhhh ****, Wolfblade is coming?

Now I gotta come. ish.

(not really confirmation)

Ooh and infzy! Sweet.

Ganon v Sonic $1 money match. Bo3, one Starter each or something. Settle this ****. :skull:

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I'm still trying to convince my sister to let me go, I'll confirm or not by tomorrow or Thursday. I'm trying really hard to convince her, but she's probably gonna ***** to me about having exams coming up.
Tell your sister that you have a MM with FiZZ. That should do it.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
fuck luigi's mansion, its bad enough we have the ******** japes stage in this tourney, we dont need more gay stages that other people will look at this tourney and lol at.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Luigi's Mansion should only be for doubles.

But Port Town would be ****.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Tinny...."We'll see how much I win off Jaimie" WTF? you reeeaalllyy should never say stuff like that or post it cause you really put people down like that and it makes you look like an elitist. But yo, don't bck down on that MM with buenob, it is going to be epic. Just make it like $5.

Anymore set-ups being confirmed???!
This post was like 20 feet long yo.

WIGI

Smash Champion
i live like.. sandelwood and fernforest.

and no need for phone.. theres google maps for a reason.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
hey F1zz confirm me and fool we're coming, i'm bringing mikey and nick and ace on my car too incase anyone else is wondering if they want a ride in sauga.

~Bair~JigSaw~

Smash Cadet
Oh WiGi I have a friend that told me today he wants to come so.. Would it be okay if he got a drive with us? and also F1ZZ you can count down me as bringing a friend(maybe) lol.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Ooh and infzy! Sweet.

Ganon v Sonic $1 money match. Bo3, one Starter each or something. Settle this ****. :skull:
lol awesome you're on

fuck luigi's mansion, its bad enough we have the ******** japes stage in this tourney, we dont need more gay stages that other people will look at this tourney and lol at.
******** japes stage?? lol @ the scrubs who don't know how to watch a timer or get out of the water

exactly what technique do you consider broken on Luigi's Mansion?

WIGI

Smash Champion
uhm, if he wants to give me gas money too it shouldn't be a problem.

thats what..4 people? yeah. thats fine.

watch a timer? what stage is that?

Gichan

Smash Champion
no Luigi's mansion, that is honestly a free round to MK, or.

Now for the double MK ban...I thought you people requested it! I am not in favour of banning it but I put some thought into it and realized maybe it would be nice not to see four MKs in GF. and this is not to be often, I did not do this at my last two tournies and I won't be doing this on my next one. Maybe the one after, maybe not. I really try to keep as much possible to have experience in a lot of stages and matchup exp with MK. This scene will improve as long as we make get the right experiences and practice.

And Japes isn't gay, yes it sucks against falco, but too bad, cps are a part of the game. I don't know why there is so much crying about stages, my list is good where it is at. norfair and pictochat are NOT for singles, just doubles and that works fine enough.

Doc I don't get your post about 20 feet long, lol.

tvs are looking **** good! I definitely have two, so you can put two now I gotta see if I want to bring the third one, but it will definitely be a hassle.

And WiGi, there is a timer on the klaptraps but I don't know what it is, I just remember sowrdgard posting about it on our threads. Infsy, please post the info on that so we can avoid them.

infomon

Smash Scientist
lolz @ ppl not knowing the stages :p

The Klaptrap comes every 10 seconds, exactly. Since tourney matches have a time limit on them, you can watch the clock at the top-right. Every time the seconds digit is a 7 (ie. 7:57 -- three seconds into the match, then at 7:47, 7:37, etc.) the klaptrap will appear at the right side of the stage. It might not be exactly at the 7 but that's how I remember it. A better idea might be to try for yourself and determine at what intervals it hits the different parts of the stage, for your own mnemonic purposes.

Gichan

Smash Champion
lolz @ ppl not knowing the stages :p

The Klaptrap comes every 10 seconds, exactly. Since tourney matches have a time limit on them, you can watch the clock at the top-right. Every time the seconds digit is a 7 (ie. 7:57 -- three seconds into the match, then at 7:47, 7:37, etc.) the klaptrap will appear at the right side of the stage. It might not be exactly at the 7 but that's how I remember it. A better idea might be to try for yourself and determine at what intervals it hits the different parts of the stage, for your own mnemonic purposes.
thanks man, but remember, no need to be so condescending about it. WiGi and I probably don't know it but I assume many others in the scene do.

infomon

Smash Scientist
^^ lolz good stuff

yeah Gichan you're right, sorry for coming across as such a jerk. It's the ppl that want to ban every stage under the sun that bug me (especially when they don't even know how the stages work lol), but obv that's not the case with you two. I'll try to be less aggressive.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
yeah, I knew about the claptrap, I dont see why norfair and pictochat are being added pover luigi's mansion, if no luigi's, then no japes and norfair, why were these added in the 1st place, who cares if there are a lot of teams, norfair is asking MK to **** as well >.> Make the singles and doubles stages the same.

Edit: even considering PS2 over luigi's, and double MK is banned, so there are no need for MK johns in teams, take out pictochat and norfair, want to go with popular opinion, ok then, how many ppl actually want picto chat and norfair in doubles >.>

WIGI

Smash Champion
i alwasy thought picto was a cp for singles too.. i always liked that stage.. oh well.

just suck ti up and win on any stage you play on.

Top Bottom