• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No tripping code 'tis out (Updated! Added NEW Ocarina version!)

Binx

Smash Master
Nintendo should really just go ahead and release a downloadable patch that adds the option of removing random tripping in the ruleset but which won't effect moves that induce tripping 100% of the time, so basically remove the random trip from things like snakes forward tilt but not from nanners.

Revven

FrankerZ
Umm...that's not what dash dancing was generally used for. It was used to run foward and bait an attack, run out so they miss, and run back in. It also allowed you to approach without being so obvious. It's not usefull now because it's simply not long enough (the actual distance you travel during dash dancing now isn't enough to make attacks miss).

What you're talking about is pivoting.
Oh, hehe, my mistake. >.>

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ah, I just read from Binx that only 100% induced tripping happens while Ness' is like 50%ish?

But in that case if it's just random tripping...then...Awesome!

pastaboy

Smash Champion
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=PmAf50USue4

That's one reason tripping is awesome. Plus without tripping, Ness' Dtilt becomes useless and isn't it a tad unfair for diddy to have the only tripping ability in the entire game? eventually they'd ban banana use...idk, just thinking.
omg i remember that vid, crazy ****. luv the commentary. random triping is bad but forced tripping is fun

kupo15

Smash Hero
very nice work. now the next step is getting rid of the landing lag giltch after Up b sweetspotting the ledge. doesnt effect me luckily

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't feel ashamed if I brought a copy of Brawl without tripping to a tourney.

Anything else is far too much.

Though it would be funny to alter Sudden death... Both players turn into Captain Falcon, and their only move is Neutral B. When someone gets a Falcon Punch off, a clip of the anime scene will play.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I wouldn't feel ashamed if I brought a copy of Brawl without tripping to a tourney.

Anything else is far too much.

Though it would be funny to alter Sudden death... Both players turn into Captain Falcon, and their only move is Neutral B. When someone gets a Falcon Punch off, a clip of the anime scene will play.
Best idea ever!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw

phosphorus

Smash Cadet
Increased hitstun is worth a try, but I don't think it's going to fix the balancing much. And if L canceling proves to be too hard to re implement, might I suggest simply make an auto cancel happen no matter what? (excluding Snake's aerials, and "stall then falls"... the second one's a maybe). This also has the benefit of being a "binary" condition, it either does or does not happen, and is more likely to be accepted because of this. And if you really want to make it harder to camp and spam projectiles, why not just increase the cool down on projectiles, preventing the spammer from simply Dsmashing (or whatever countermeasure they deem appropriate) as soon as you get close? I don't totally buy it that you have the source, but all I care about is whether you can change stuff or not.

If Brawl is hacked to the point where we can re balance it, maybe some kind of official SWF re-balancing could be devised, and pro-SMW rebalance could boycott any tournament that doesn't have it to increase distribution. If this ever happens, I'd like to suggest an increase to Sonic's air speed, allowing him to combo more and making him feel more like he did in his games. In the Genesis Sonic games, your acceleration was doubled in the air, not slowed to a crawl.

That gives me a nice idea for a "just for fun" thing, make characters play more like they did in their own games, wherever possible.

Also, it was really brilliant of Sakurai to put tripping into Brawl. Seriously, what Sonic fan doesn't like seeing the best runner period slipping and falling, then forgetting he can just roll into a ball and make it an attack... HOW DID ROB EVEN TRIP? he has treads...

So, yah, I like the code, haven't tried it yet, but I already have the homebrew channel on my Wii.

sand8

Smash Cadet
oh wow, this is awesome

does anyone know if this takes out tripping during wifi matches?

also, what happens if you play wifi match with someone else, and they dont have the hack?

Shiekah

Smash Cadet
Question

In the original post it says "Hacked by Y.S. for NTSC-J". Does this mean then that this code will only work on an NTSC version of brawl? I have the PAL version and I used the code and set the chance to 0%. I tested it out and I tripped over 4 times in 1 match. Codes such as infinite stage parts / no camera restrictions all worked fine but the tripping code did not work for me. Am I doing something wrong perhaps?

Shiekah

Smash Cadet
You ADD it to the bolded parts. use a hex calculator.
0481CB34 C0220020
045A9340 00000000

As far as I know, 0481CB34 is not the same as 481CB34 in hex. The calculator on my computer cant input 0481CB34 so either the 2 numbers are the same and im a fool or ive got a problem here :p

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
First off, great job on this. This is amazing and I hope it will be used at all tournaments.

Second off all, adding hitstun would be useless, this would favor certain characters over others and therefor can't be used for tournaments. And it's not something that makes your friendlies more fun anyway.

Revven

FrankerZ
Best code evah!!!

but does this works for items like banana's too?
and sometimes your trip by moves does it work for that too?
i dont hope so.
For the thousandth time, it doesn't affect moves that induce tripping and items that induce tripping (this includes bananas). WHY the hell would anyone want to get rid of those? Nobody would be celebrating if it were those things. It's the random trip... the dash induced one.

The code also wouldn't be called "Tripping Rate Modifier" if it affected the move induced tripping and bananas.

Tahtah

Smash Apprentice
For the thousandth time, it doesn't affect moves that induce tripping and items that induce tripping (this includes bananas). WHY the hell would anyone want to get rid of those? Nobody would be celebrating if it were those things. It's the random trip... the dash induced one.

The code also wouldn't be called "Tripping Rate Modifier" if it affected the move induced tripping and bananas.
ok cool :)!

Tahtah

Smash Apprentice
I can't get the code too work do i just need to put this code:

Tripping Rate Modifier (Kirby is cool)
0481CB34 C0220020
045A9340 XXXXXXXX

into the code manager and save it as an .gct? and then save that file in the "codes" directory on my SD card in the "app" directory?

Tahtah

Smash Apprentice
i already followed tutorial i have the ocarina app but it cant find the codes so i dont know where i need to put them :p. and after that the wii don't find the codes then i get an green screen and freezes my wii :O

Revven

FrankerZ
No. You NEED to put one of the values in for XXXXXXX. So, if you want no tripping it should be like this.

0481CB34 C0220020
045A9340 XXXXXXXX

0 = 00000000

0481CB34 C0220020
045A9340 00000000

^ That's what the code should be like.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Guys whats "SameopackV2.rar" from the vid? I have no idea what that is but apparently its important.

Tahtah

Smash Apprentice
No. You NEED to put one of the values in for XXXXXXX. So, if you want no tripping it should be like this.

0481CB34 C0220020
045A9340 XXXXXXXX

0 = 00000000

0481CB34 C0220020
045A9340 00000000

^ That's what the code should be like.
I know im not stupid but my wii cant find the code :S

edit: ok now he finds the codes but now i get an green screen when he loads the game btw im playing a backup of the ntsc-u version of brawl on an Pal wii.

Top Bottom