• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No tripping code 'tis out (Updated! Added NEW Ocarina version!)

Shiekah

Smash Cadet
No. You NEED to put one of the values in for XXXXXXX. So, if you want no tripping it should be like this.

Tripping Rate Modifier (Kirby is cool)
0481CB34 C0220020
045A9340 XXXXXXXX

0 = 00000000

Tripping Rate Modifier (Kirby is cool)
0481CB34 C0220020
045A9340 00000000

^ That's what the code should be like.
Any idea what needs to be done to get this code to work on a PAL game?

Revven

FrankerZ
I know im not stupid but my wii cant find the code :S

edit: ok now he finds the codes but now i get an green screen when he loads the game btw im playing a backup of the ntsc-u version of brawl on an Pal wii.
It's because Ocarina doesn't run backups, it can run imports but not back ups.

Any idea what needs to be done to get this code to work on a PAL game?
It needs to be the PAL version of the code. Don't know if it has been ported yet, I can look but, other than that you can't use the code yet.

mitchlol7

Smash Cadet
also make the air dodging like in melee, but will havok find a way to mess up wavedashing

GofG

Smash Champion
Samuelson, it's very easy; you could try it out if you wanted to. All it requires is an SD card.

i.E.

Smash Apprentice
Is it totally out of the question that this be implemented (as in...tournaments, etc...).....?

I main captain falcon and that b****es trip animation is long as a mutha****a
:(

Revven

FrankerZ
anyone else read this ?
That's not what this thread is discussion for though. It's just to spread the word as well as get it out to those who want to play friendlies with this code on without much worry about being gayed up on an approach or something. Tournament viability is over with, tbh, at least for me. It's up to the higher ups, whatever decision they make doesn't affect me in any way yet because ... I can't go to tourneys anyway. Furthermore, anyone who does want to discuss can create a second thread for it again, but, it will only get heated discussion again.

I'd rather not have this thread go into that crap again so, let's just keep this up for troubleshooting for the code and just to get it out there so people who hate tripping to death can shut up and use this.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Competitively speaking, this code should not be applied. The game was made the way its supposed to be, and cheats or hacks shouldn't be implemented. All players are at equal risk. I'm not sure how the code works on move related tripping such as dtilts and bananas, but removing tripping entirely would ruin Diddy's entire game. I don't use Diddy, but a cheat shouldn't be used to ruin a huge part of the metagame of a particular character.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Competitively speaking, this code should not be applied. The game was made the way its supposed to be, and cheats or hacks shouldn't be implemented. All players are at equal risk. I'm not sure how the code works on move related tripping such as dtilts and bananas, but removing tripping entirely would ruin Diddy's entire game. I don't use Diddy, but a cheat shouldn't be used to ruin a huge part of the metagame of a particular character.
Diddy better adapt.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm not sure how the code works on move related tripping such as dtilts and bananas, but removing tripping entirely would ruin Diddy's entire game. I don't use Diddy, but a cheat shouldn't be used to ruin a huge part of the metagame of a particular character.
Diddy better adapt.
For the last time, it does not affect moves that induce tripping not even Diddy's bananas. Jesus, do I have to put this in the topic title? Do any of you read threads through?! *Facepalm*

I even said this on the last page or so! You mean to tell me you don't read any pages before posting? X_X

It's also why (again) the code is called "Tripping Rate Modifier"...

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
For the last time, it does not affect moves that induce tripping not even Diddy's bananas. Jesus, do I have to put this in the topic title? Do any of you read threads through?! *Facepalm*

I even said this on the last page or so! You mean to tell me you don't read any pages before posting? X_X

It's also why (again) the code is called "Tripping Rate Modifier"...
Chill, dude. No need to get hot and facepalm everything.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Chill, dude. No need to get hot and facepalm everything.
Frankly, he's entitled. It has been said numerous times, to the point of making people physically sick, that this doesn't affect moves that induce tripping. In fact, it says it in the very first post. Learn to read or get flamed, and if you do get flamed, man up and take it because frankly, you deserve it.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Frankly, he's entitled. It has been said numerous times, to the point of making people physically sick, that this doesn't affect moves that induce tripping. In fact, it says it in the very first post. Learn to read or get flamed, and if you do get flamed, man up and take it because frankly, you deserve it.
Whoa ho, hey now, NO WHERE have I stated that this affects moves that induce tripping, learn to read.

Revven

FrankerZ
Whoa ho, hey now, NO WHERE have I stated that this affects moves that induce tripping, learn to read.
Yes, but, you implied that you didn't know whether or not it did that. And, I assumed since you were quoting Olimarman that you didn't know if it affected moves that induced tripping. In which case, I was prompted to quote you as well on that basis. That aside, most of my "hotness" (;)) was directed towards Olimarman than directed at you.

And I mostly bold for emphasis but, meh, people take it as anger for some reason (I was irritated though).

Guess I was wrong, but, now you know if you didn't anyway.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
How about you use the phrase "Dash-induced tripping" That, or put your sentence involving the "How it doesn't affect other moves" in 72 pt. Font, and bolded. xD Just to make your point across.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
YaY for no more tripping all hail the new sakuri.......

wait a sec if we remove tripping we are removing metaknights only weakness!!!!!!!!!

But Still.....Tripping is both good and bad...

Moves that induce tripping were built into the game and are Good...EX...Diddy's bannana.

Random tripping is bad and ruins competitive play. EX...Trip>DDD F-smash

I'm glad we can finally take out random tripping therefore making tripping work with competitive play and not against it.

GofG

Smash Champion
Hey guys, does this ram hack affect moves, such as lucas's downtilt or Diddy's bananas, which have a trip-inducing property?

:p

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I was going to put this code into my friend's Wii but since most Wii's won't have this at tournaments I decided not to.

This is an amazing find though.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
We should hack brawl all the way.

Then we can all get famous.. (well as a whole, not individually really) as the competitive crowd that edited an entire game for our needs.

We'd make some history (though it's prob been dun before T_T)

Revven

FrankerZ
Just a question... Do you have to load brawl with Homebrew every time you want to use the codes? Or only once?
Have to load it every time if you want no tripping. Once it is loaded once, you can play it for hours but, when you turn it off at any point and turn it back on, you have to reload Ocarina with the code(s).

So, yes, you do have to reload the Homebrew Channel and then go into Ocarina to use the code(s) if you have turned the console off after being done playing.

Someone7

Smash Apprentice
This is all so ****ed ********. I use Linux, and this "Wii Codes Manager" program is a crappy Windows application (that doesn't work in Wine) that requires a ****ing SD card reader? Hello, the god **** Wii itself is an SD card reader/writer. Why the hell do I need this closed-source program to create these "GCT" files, when the author could have made it as simple as loading a few text files to your Wii?

Can someone please upload this no-tripping GTC file and tell us where it is supposed to be stored, so we don't have to deal with this god awful program and just load it to the SD card with ftpii ourselves? Otherwise, Ocarina is useless to me.

Fatalzyntax

Smash Apprentice
So if you did this and played on wifi.... everyone would trip BUT you?

o, /\/ g37 5uM c0d3 d@7 1375 u5 L-c@/\/c31

Revven

FrankerZ
did anyone ever answer this type of question? im not reading the whole thread
Yes... it's why he was joking about asking the question hence the ":p" smilie. It doesn't affect move-induced tripping or bananas...

Okay, that's it, I'm putting it in the first post. Getting tired of people asking about it...

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
so I put a bunny hood on sonic and ran on Big Blue (really fast treadmill) and it seemed like I still tripped occasionally, just not NEARLY as much for sure. Who knows. It could've been that the cheat didn't work and I just thought I tripped less.

Ocarina for the win.

Revven

FrankerZ
so I put a bunny hood on sonic and ran on Big Blue (really fast treadmill) and it seemed like I still tripped occasionally, just not NEARLY as much for sure. Who knows. It could've been that the cheat didn't work and I just thought I tripped less.

Ocarina for the win.
The code works, trust me, I've used it all the time now and not once have I tripped in any of my friendlies that I've put up on my YT account. The code wasn't tested with the Bunny Hood or any other item of the like, so, if you trip don't ask me why. It's meant to work best without anything like that on, IMO.

Revven

FrankerZ
Why would you respond to that statement instead of helping me with the GTC file?
Because at the moment I'm being a lazy bastid when it comes to getting it to you. I have school and things like that to do, so, I'm also very busy. I'll get it to you at my earliest convenience.

Someone7

Smash Apprentice
You can't upload a single file to the net and tell me where it goes in the SD? It'd take like 5 minutes, tops. Meanwhile I'm tripping my *** off over here.

Top Bottom