• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No tripping code 'tis out (Updated! Added NEW Ocarina version!)

regorris

Smash Apprentice
did anyone ever answer this type of question? im not reading the whole thread
No, what you do is READ THE GO-RAM thread, then send a PM to the owner requesting that he put particular information deep in the thread on the first page.

The maintainer of the thread is doing this for your benefit, you ungrateful snot.

Do you know why I've been lurking here FOREVER and only have so many posts, it is because I don't spam, and I only post when I'm actually contributing something. [Or to yell at the locals, like I'm doing now.]

edit: blah, blah, censorship, blah, blah.

Someone7

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, what the hell, guys? Can't one of your take 5 minutes to upload that GTC file and tell me where it is supposed to go on the SD card?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
GOOGLE IT!
How annoying .But I'm one to talk. =P

Someone7

Smash Apprentice
You're a moron. There is literally nothing to find on google about what I'm asking. There are no pre-loaded GTC files. I'm sure Ocarina looks for them in \codes\whatever.gtc, but there are no GTC files just floating around to download. This ******** program doesn't work in Linux. It causes segmentation faults in Wine.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
ok
1. Don't call me a moron.
2. Everythings on Google. Aka, other people asking this question elsewhere and answers to it.

Someone7

Smash Apprentice
No the hell there isn't. Google it your god **** self and see. If you type in "GTC Ocarina files", the fourth ****ing hit is is this god **** thread.

Revven

FrankerZ
Wow, someone has an attitude. Well, here's your GCT file.

Here

Create a folder called "codes" in your SD Card and put that .gct file in there. Load the .gct with Ocarina on the Wii and there's your trip free Brawl.

Someone7

Smash Apprentice
Or you know, read the **** readme file that comes with ocarina.
I would suggest you do that, cause it was the very first thing I did. You might also try reading my posts, to understand what the issue is I am having, before you bother wasting everyone's time with your moronic response.

Falco400 said:
Wow, someone has an attitude. Well, here's your GCT file.

Here

Create a folder called "codes" in your SD Card and put that .gct file in there. Load the .gct with Ocarina on the Wii and there's your trip free Brawl.
Thank you very much. Hopefully the creator of the "Code Manager" program will compile a Linux version or release the source code or something, so I can play around with this program more. But, at least I don't have to trip anymore when I am offline.

chinkpak

Smash Rookie
lol, is it seriously that hard for some people? any one who says they're still tripping clearly didn't enable the code right, the probably left the last part as xxxxxxxxx or something lol

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I would suggest you do that, cause it was the very first thing I did. You might also try reading my posts, to understand what the issue is I am having, before you bother wasting everyone's time with your moronic response.
Its common sense dude.

Let alone the fact this is not the first time the question was asked and answered

It also says storing to

H:\\codes\rsbe01.gct

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Uh, I've got extensive programming (particularly for games) experience, and I'm 100% sure the code is in c++. If I can help, lemme know.

I mean, if nothing else, I'll be edified by the chance of balancing ungodly amounts of code.

And btw, most of these values you're going to be modifying (as far as a balancing patch goes) will gain complexity in geometric orders of magnitude. Byte off small chunks at a time. (see what I did there? :urg:).

So, shoot me a PM.

Revven

FrankerZ
Uh, I've got extensive programming (particularly for games) experience, and I'm 100% sure the code is in c++. If I can help, lemme know.

I mean, if nothing else, I'll be edified by the chance of balancing ungodly amounts of code.
Well, if you wanted to help, perhaps purchasing a USB Gecko and using WiiRd to make codes yourself for Brawl would be of some help, since you seem to know quite a bit about programming games (as you say) I'm sure that knowledge would help a lot in hacking Brawl. I just got my USB Gecko yesterday (can't use it yet) but, it seems pretty easy to use to me. I'll let you know though if I need your help when I go to hack anythang. Though, it'd be cool if you got a USB Gecko and hacked some stuff yourself. :)

Revven

FrankerZ
Any progress (if anyone is even working on it) on a no tripping code that works with a PAL brawl?
Yes, apparently there is, I just never looked for it hard enough...

Tripping Rate Modifier: (ported by Link, original by Kirby is cool)
04817B68 C0220060
045AB140 XXXXXXXX

Same floating points as in the first post, just replace XXXXXXX with 00000000 and you have no tripping.

Honto-E-Lawl

Smash Journeyman
woah...
too bad this wont be wide spread...and like...at tournaments....
the codes not that amazing though...still doesn't make this the melee 2.0 i wanted....(haha jk jk)

haha...although tripping is annoying...lost a few matches because of it....its not...the end of the world...(but i still think it shouldn't be in tournies...its like items XD)

Revven

FrankerZ
It can at least be used for friendlies, which, IMO is good enough for me and is what I use it for ALL the time I'm playing Brawl (except WiFi because if the other person doesn't have the code on, as soon as someone trips on their screen, desync and then DC)

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Could someone help me?
I have the homebrew channel as well as Ocarina but whenever I try to load the Ocarina it will start up but stay at 0%. Not only that but if I try to leave the homebrew channel it will freeze.

If anyone can help just tell me the info you need and I'll get it for you.

Revven

FrankerZ
Could someone help me?
I have the homebrew channel as well as Ocarina but whenever I try to load the Ocarina it will start up but stay at 0%. Not only that but if I try to leave the homebrew channel it will freeze.

If anyone can help just tell me the info you need and I'll get it for you.
Take any GCN Memory Card you have in your GCN Memory slots out, problem solved! Whenever there's a GCN Memory Card in either slot, the HBC thinks (when you're trying to load Ocarina or Gecko OS) that you have a USB Gecko in there (which you don't) and it's trying to find it and it can't so it freezes.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I just bought a 4 gig micro sdhc card and I heard that the wii cannot read sdhc yet. If I upload the homebrew channel/ocarina/gecko os can it read the new card I bought or am I out of luck? Also can I make it so that there is no three minute limit for saving replays?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It can at least be used for friendlies, which, IMO is good enough for me and is what I use it for ALL the time I'm playing Brawl (except WiFi because if the other person doesn't have the code on, as soon as someone trips on their screen, desync and then DC)
The thing is that if you remove Tripping, then you won't get enough practice with Tripping around. Which might, ehum, trip you up in tournaments.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Tripping is dumb an pointless. No need to practice at tripping, it's totally random :(

Ah, i would love if this was added in the tournament standarts....

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tripping is dumb an pointless. No need to practice at tripping, it's totally random :(
You have to practice handling tripping. How to trip less, what to do once you trip. If you don't know what to do while your opponent does, he'll react accordingly and kill you while you fail to react.

Blad01

Smash Lord
You have to practice handling tripping. How to trip less, what to do once you trip. If you don't know what to do while your opponent does, he'll react accordingly and kill you while you fail to react.
Yeah sure, but you're making of tripping a whole element of the metagame, it's not. It's just a crappy detail... :/

And yes, you do have to know how to roll once you've tripped...

Personnally, i'm trying to help the tournaments organizers with my wii, at least for important matchs... That really sucks when you trips in front of your opponent, and get a smash in your face... (A friend of mine lose an important match like that :( And that was really close until the trip happened)

Ayways i hate tripping, and i don't want it in my friendlies anymore. And i don't want in the tournaments i go neither, so i'm trying to help. :)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah sure, but you're making of tripping a whole element of the metagame, it's not. It's just a crappy detail... :/
No I'm not. I just said that taking it out in friendlies might screw up your game in tournaments.

And yes, you do have to know how to roll once you've tripped...
You have to react to it and not just stand there.

Personnally, i'm trying to help the tournaments organizers with my wii, at least for important matchs... That really sucks when you trips in front of your opponent, and get a smash in your face... (A friend of mine lose an important match like that :( And that was really close until the trip happened)
That's what you get for playing Brawl.

Top Bottom