• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No tripping code 'tis out (Updated! Added NEW Ocarina version!)

Revven

FrankerZ
i'm not talking about a huge change >.> i'm speaking about something undetectable to the human eye.. maybe something like making hitbox for a tipper slightly larger then its meant to be,something this small could decide a 50% kill opposed to a 100% + kill
I really don't think any TO smart enough would try something like that. And, even if the TO did, nobody would go to any of his future tourneys again so he/she loses out on it if they try something like that. Furthermore, if someone brings an SD Card/Wii with that type of code on there, the TO has the right to replace the code with the proper code for the tourney only. It wouldn't be hard to have a laptop on hand and slide the SD Card in the reader slot and pop in the code replacing the old one, two minutes tops.

Your argument is... poor. There's lots of ways to negate that issue and I just named two.

That said, I just finally started to upload the first few no tripping matches I had the other day and they're in crisp quality too because I finally am able to record directly from the TV screen! :)

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
i'm not talking about a huge change >.> i'm speaking about something undetectable to the human eye.. maybe something like making hitbox for a tipper slightly larger then its meant to be,something this small could decide a 50% kill opposed to a 100% + kill
Since presumably the no tripping codes would be loaded into the Wiis at the start of the tournament, once SSBB starts up, the only way to change the codes would be to reset the Wii, put in a SD card with the new codes on it, and then start SSBB again*. It wouldn't be too hard to notice if this is happening, and if any Wii is suspect, you can just reload the no tripping code.

*I'm not sure if this is really the case, as I don't know a whole lot about the exact logistics of how this works.

Revven

FrankerZ
Since presumably the no tripping codes would be loaded into the Wiis at the start of the tournament, once SSBB starts up, the only way to change the codes would be to reset the Wii, put in a SD card with the new codes on it, and then start SSBB again*. It wouldn't be too hard to notice if this is happening, and if any Wii is suspect, you can just reload the no tripping code.

*I'm not sure if this is really the case, as I don't know a whole lot about the exact logistics of how this works.
That would work as well, as long as the SD Card has Ocarina as well and the code then it would work.

So can you find the 'always tripping code' for the lulz, plz? :p
It's very simple, just take the code on the first page and replace the X's with whatever value 100.0 is which is 42C80000

So, you'd take that and you'd have:

0481CB34 C0220020
045A9340 42C80000

Now you'd trip all the time, whenever you'd run! :laugh:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
What do you mean sasuke?
its the same as any other computer.
.....<_<
The icon differences mess me up.
And I think Vista moves some files around.

I realllyy want to hack my Wii though. I tried a lot of times. >_<

D

Deleted member

Can't someone figure out how to make changing the codes password-protected? That way the TO can get the basic code and inject it to all the Wiis, and then create a silly temporary password to by-pass any cheating.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Can't someone figure out how to make changing the codes password-protected? That way the TO can get the basic code and inject it to all the Wiis, and then create a silly temporary password to by-pass any cheating.
Dunno about that one but the best thing you could do is hope for people with at LEAST the Homebrew Channel installed to their Wii, then you can just insert the SD card and boot the game with only the No-Tripping code and tell them to not be a moron and turn the Wii off...other than that I can't really see what you can to do have a good No-Tripping tournament.

D

Deleted member

Clearly that's not the best thing you can hope for - what I just said is the best thing we can hope for. We just need to get a hold of the creator of Ocarina to implement that.

D

Deleted member

Then you're even more of an idiot. The better thing to hope for is what I'm suggesting, AND I'm hoping for it.

Revven

FrankerZ
Then you're even more of an idiot. The better thing to hope for is what I'm suggesting, AND I'm hoping for it.
You could suggest it to Link over at the USB Gecko forums for the next Ocarina version that comes out (whenever that is) and see what he has to say on the situation.

USB Gecko forums

In the meantime, I added actual 1v1 matches to the first post with this code on. Enjoy! :)

D

Deleted member

I gave you feedback; I told you that what you're hoping for is the least we can do, plus it's the current situation right now. You didn't suggest anything. You just took a step backwards in progress. We can do better.

Edit:

Falco400 said:
You could suggest it to Link over at the USB Gecko forums for the next Ocarina version that comes out (whenever that is) and see what he has to say on the situation.
http://www.usbgecko.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5980#post5980

MuBa

Smash Lord

The cheats are stored and extracted from the SD cards and then the CD is booted up with altered coding, the SD card's job is done and the game have No-Tripping in it. The codes cannot be altered until you Reset the Wii (along with you going into a PC and making changes OR just using another HBC-supported SD card).

How will a password be able to protect something like resetting the Wii and putting another SD card to cheat? And besides if you were to CHEAT in a tournament setting then what are the chances of you getting into a pool with YOUR Wii in it? Pretty low I say =/. Plus the chances of you getting caught trying to "cheat" other Wii setups are pretty high.

And even if you were thinking about password protecting the Wii itself to prevent from any cheating it still won't work because I can just RESET (Whether it be hard or soft) the Wii hence nullifying the password that the SD implemented to the Wii.

----------------------------------------------

On a bright note to your idea:

You may have the SD card's info copied to the Wii's memory itself then boot up Smash hacked (But it'll be necessary to remove the original SSBB data). But in order for the HBC to function like that, it's going to require reading the Wii's memory, and we don't have an updated HBC for that. And if someone wants to actually delete Hacked Smash file, then you may implement a password for it hence completely negating my previous paragraph.

If your idea does work then I'd be happy to be proven wrong and enjoy having a no-hassle no-tripping tournament.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
download the first two apps on the homebrew channel official site.

then show me a screen shot please.
Here, after extracting it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2e1f9rc&s=4

This is "private>wii>title>rdze ( i deleted the other two):
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=vh3nv7&s=4

I also tried changing the name of that file to "data.bin".

This is the stuff inside the homebrew channel folder:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1znpqwh&s=4

sorry everythings so blurry. Do you want me to do it again and fix it?
I've watched a few videos on how to do this, and I honestly understand what they're talking about, but I sometimes can't find the folder or some random thing does wrong.

Revven

FrankerZ
There's really absolutely no reason why this shouldn't be used in the finals (at least) of every tournament. People can't argue with that. The TO can easily have control over one Wii (it can be his Wii) and setting up one Wii is really easy.
Agree.

10chars

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait, so replays are 100% only input data to such a degree that tripping fluctuates? As in, even with the code off, when one trips in a match fluctuates each time you view the same replay, and this is why certain replays get screwed up? How the hell did you save a 10 minute replay, anyway? Another code?

Starscream

Smash Ace
Wait, so replays are 100% only input data to such a degree that tripping fluctuates? As in, even with the code off, when one trips in a match fluctuates each time you view the same replay, and this is why certain replays get screwed up? How the hell did you save a 10 minute replay, anyway? Another code?
The 10 minute video is comprised of several shorter matches 2-3 minutes in length. He only posted the first replay of the 10 minute video with the code off. And replays being 100% button input data seems like a logical conclusion. Except, how is it that replays become screwed up if the game can record exactly when a trip occurs in a normal uncoded match?

Revven

FrankerZ
Except, how is it that replays become screwed up if the game can record exactly when a trip occurs in a normal uncoded match?
This can easily be explained.

The disc loads the characters and stages (hence the loading.... screen before the replay starts) while the replay handles status and random occurrences that happened in the match while it keeps track of the button input done by the players. So, replays record button input as well as keep track of where items spawned and whether tripping occurred or not. When someone trips and it didn't happen in the original replay (i.e with no tripping on in the match) the replay simply makes due with that error and continues the match by continuing the button input whether you kill yourself or not.

I even tried a replay that had tripping originally and turned the no tripping code on. It acted on the button inputs right after I tripped the very first time and soon, it looked like I was fighting nothing when those were my exact button presses and movements done on the person in the actual match. So, when I'm knocked off stage or coming back, the replay doesn't read that, it reads the button input of the character not where they are standing much less calculates their area of motion. It's just button input and random occurrence data recorded, that's why the replays are only 1 block because everything else is loaded from the disc.

Also, keep in mind, replays also don't record who the winner is. If the replay is acting on button input alone and random data (such as tripping and the item spawns) then it most likely is assumed that with just that data alone it could "re-play" the match just fine. Sakurai and his team didn't think the replays would need to keep track of the stocks or the winner. So, when you use no tripping on a replay that originally had tripping, prepare for the results to be skewed and the winner to come out from someone who tripped originally but with the code on no longer did and continues the button input winding up in the player killing themselves all three times (or more depending on the stocks).

The replay doesn't record the winner or loser. And, I'm pretty sure it doesn't keep track of the stocks, that's all done by the disc if I'm not mistaken.

I'd be happy to record a match that had tripping before and after I put no tripping on to prove this if you'd like. :)

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
Actually, it can be explained even more simply than that. The replay likely doesn't have to save when a trip happens or when/where items spawn, just needs to save whatever conditions they use to seed the random number generator that determines whether you trip or whether items spawn.

For example, say they seed the random number generator at the beginning of the match with whatever the time is. In that case, they'd only need to save that value along with inputs to get the replay to literally replay everything, including random events. So in all likelihood, it's probably the RNG's seed and players' inputs that are saved.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
So... is homebrewing your Wii out and installing all this crap still tourny legal?
Can we really have tripless tournies, provided enough homebrewed Wii's were present?

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
To you hackers, theres ONE THING i want in new brawl. If you don't change anything else, just please unbreak wario's grab release.

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
Attn: Mods

I sincerely hope the BRoomers are having a serious discussion about this. If the people that made Brawl wanted a game that was more casual and less competetive than Melee, it's the competetive community's responsibility to find ways around this and adjust the game as we see fit so we can have the smoothest possible competetive play.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
damit i need to do this . tournament standard dont u think. also does this make dash dancing a bit more..useful?

Revven

FrankerZ
Does anyone have any idea who's idea was it to add tripping into the game?
I'm pretty sure that it was Sakurai's idea if I'm not mistaken.

damit i need to do this . tournament standard dont u think. also does this make dash dancing a bit more..useful?
Not really. Dash dancing isn't used because you can't do any smashes out of it like you could in Melee. They've rid of the whole dash dance into smash attack business except with Usmashes which are only useful for a handful of characters (Falcon being one of them). I still prefer fox trotting because you stop if you have it timed right and when you stop you can do a Fsmash or anything out of a fox trot if the character can do the fox trot right. Furthermore, there's also the true pivot which would be extremely useful to some characters like Sonic or Samus. It'd be more viable with no tripping on but, would it make the game better? Not by a huge amount, probably allow for more mind games without the worry of tripping screwing you up and setting yourself up for opportunity.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Not really. Dash dancing isn't used because you can't do any smashes out of it like you could in Melee. They've rid of the whole dash dance into smash attack business except with Usmashes which are only useful for a handful of characters (Falcon being one of them). I still prefer fox trotting because you stop if you have it timed right and when you stop you can do a Fsmash or anything out of a fox trot if the character can do the fox trot right. Furthermore, there's also the true pivot which would be extremely useful to some characters like Sonic or Samus. It'd be more viable with no tripping on but, would it make the game better? Not by a huge amount, probably allow for more mind games without the worry of tripping screwing you up and setting yourself up for opportunity.
Umm...that's not what dash dancing was generally used for. It was used to run foward and bait an attack, run out so they miss, and run back in. It also allowed you to approach without being so obvious. It's not usefull now because it's simply not long enough (the actual distance you travel during dash dancing now isn't enough to make attacks miss).

What you're talking about is pivoting.

Top Bottom